Talk about natural face packs and the first ingredient that comes to our mind is rosewater.
So what is rose water? Rosewater is one of the most beneficial natural products which help to maintain the pH balance of our skin. Use it as a toner or in your packs or just to refresh your skin, its bound to do a world of goodness to your skin. We always tend to buy rose water off the shelves in the supermarkets, which are guaranteed to have chemicals and preservatives.
So why not make rose water at home? So how to make rose water at home? Did you know that its just as easy to make it at home at an extremely low cost with its 100% purity intact??? Read below to understand how to prepare rose water at home.
How to Prepare Rose Water at Home?
First of all, you need to get is the right variety of roses to make the right rose water. You need the ones shown above. The ones depicted are said to be suitable for consumption unlike the ones that the florists offer.
I hope you can see and make out the difference ??? These are bright pink in color, have a very sweet smell and are very delicate.
You have to be sure to use them the day you buy them or they’ll start to wilt within no time. Wash them thoroughly in water and tear off their petals. Place them in a vessel and add water to completely immerse them. Now put this to boil on very low heat. It should reduce to half and the petals will completely turn white. All the color will be in the water. Cool this decoction and strain and fill it in a clean bottle. Done !!! Could it get any simpler ??? Is this preparation of rose water at home not easy?
Your rosewater will look something like this. Natural and chemical free. Remember to always store this in the fridge. It lasts for months on end safely. There can be some residue formation in it which is alright but incase it turns really dark, sort of black in color, time to throw it away.
Benefits of Home Made Rose Water
Rosewater has multiple benefits. It is one of my favorite skincare ingredients and I make it a point to add it to all my packs. Chilled rosewater feels like heaven for oily skin in summers. Here are some benefits you can derive from it:
- Rosewater is a natural toner and cleanser. Take a little of it on a piece of cotton and use it to wipe your face for a natural astringent to open pores.
- It is a natural antiseptic that helps soothe acne and skin irritations and helps you get rid of blackheads.
- If you have dry skin troubling you, add a little glycerine to rosewater and use it as a natural moisturizer.
- Rosewater has a soothing effect on our nerves, relieves stress and works as an anti-depressant.
- It is a boon for aging skin and helps to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- A face pack of rosewater and sandalwood powder mixed together totally soothes and refreshes skin.
- Place pads of cotton dipped in rosewater to cool down tired or puffy eyes.
- Add rosewater to your bath water and use it as a final rinse for soft and silky hair.
- It helps to heal scars and wounds and cure insect bites.
- Spraying chilled rosewater can help to soothe sunburned skin.
Rosewater Recipe when used as a Sun Body Spray:
Crush 10 to 15 tulsi leaves, add it to 200 ml of rose water and store it in the refrigerator in a spray bottle. Now after long tired sunny days you can spray this as mist to calm the skin. This also helps prevent adverse effects of sun burn while healing skin redness.
Rosewater Recipe when used as a Staining Lip Pack:
In this type of product, you will have to cut beetroot into tiny pieces, dry it in the sun and powder it. Now mix a teaspoon of rose water to this beetroot powder and make your staining lip pack. Wash it off after 15 minutes to achieve an instant soft pink color stain on the lips.
Now that you’re aware of some wonderful rosewater benefits as well as its easy recipe, do make it a part of your everyday skincare routine and watch the love it shows to your skin. Stay beautiful always!!!