Did you know that early morning yoga can help you lose weight? Well, it’s true! There are many yoga poses you can perform that can help you lose weight and stay healthy.
What are they?
Read this post and find out about the effective poses in morning yoga for weight loss!
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose):
This is the beginning of your morning yoga routine for weight loss. Don’t be misled by the name; Tadasana is the easiest of all yoga poses. All you do is stare straight ahead while standing upright. Sounds simple, doesn’t it?
To Perform The Tadasana:
- Stand straight with your feet slightly apart, heels an inch away from each other.
- Your sole should remain flat.3. Keeping your hands on the sides, gaze forward.
- Hold the pose for around 3-5 minutes.
- Rest and repeat (1).
2. Triangle Pose Or Trikonasana:
The triangle pose or the Trikonasana helps accelerate weight loss by activating your metabolism. This pose also helps rejuvenate your body.
To Perform The Trikonasana:
- Begin by bending at the hip and straightening your right leg.
- The left hand should rest on your left shin.
- Begin raising your right arm towards the ceiling.
- Turn your head and look towards the ceiling.
- Hold until you feel a stretch in your legs.
- Switch sides and repeat (2).
3. Down Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana):
Another great asana for weight loss, this asana helps tone your abs and lower body. The Adho Mukha Svanasana also has many benefits for your nervous system.
To Perform The Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- Begin by getting down on your knees and elbows.
- Keep your toes pointed in and begin raising your hips.
- Ensure that your sole remains flat on the ground.
- Hold this position until you feel a stretch in your hip flexor.
- Rest and repeat (3).
[ Read: Yoga Poses For Glowing Skin ]
4. Supta Baddha Kona Asana Or Reclining Bound Angle Pose:
The reclining bound angle pose is ideal for reducing your weight. It also helps tone your abs and makes you more flexible.
To Perform The Supta Baddha Kona Asana:
- Start by getting into Baddha Kona Asana.
- Begin lowering your back until it touches the ground.
- Remain in the position until you feel a stretch in your back.
- Rest and repeat.
You can add variations to this pose by performing it with the help of a pillow (simple) to a footstool (advanced). Find out how to perform this pose in this video.
5. Tree Pose Or Vriksasana:
Here comes one of the most effective morning yoga poses for weight loss. This asana also helps boost your balance and rejuvenates your body.
To Perform The Vriksasana:
- Keep your feet together on the ground.
- Raise your left leg and rest it on your calf or thigh.
- Raise both of your arms above your head and bring the palms together.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side (4).
[ Read: Yoga Poses To Stay Fit ]
6. Savasana Or Corpse Pose:
This is the only pose that is easier than the mountain pose. Some would argue that lying down and standing up is no competition. But, we’ll let you decide.
This asana helps recoup burnt energy. It is the end of most yoga sessions, and you should aim to end your morning yoga session with this asana.
- Lying down looking upwards and playing dead is basically what you have to do.
- Begin by lying down on your back and gaze upwards.
- Keep your hands by the sides of your body.
- Remain in the pose and try to meditate for a while.
- Close your eyelids and try to concentrate on your breathing (5).
So, perform these effective poses in morning yoga for weight loss to stay fit and healthy. If you know of any other yoga asanas that help you lose weight or wish to add more asanas to the list here, share your views. Our readers would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
- 6 Yoga Breathing Techniques For Weight Loss
- 9 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
- Shilpa Shetty Yoga For Weight Loss and Good Health – Top 9 Poses
- 5 Hot Yoga Poses For Rapid Weight Loss
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015