Soups are part of the liquid diet that is usually consumed before a meal or at times as a replacement of snacks. There are different varieties of soups which are healthy and nutritious as they contain vegetables and other nutrients. Some people include soups in their daily diet in order to control weight. Soups were consumed since 6000 BC as popular starters. Soups can be an effective tool for weight loss. Here are different soups that aid in weight loss and how they work.
- Fullness: Consuming soups as starters before a meal gives fullness and enables to consume less quantity of food during a meal.
- Very few calories: Comparing to other starters, soups are low in calories and are healthy as they are usually prepared with vegetables or ingredients that have high nutrition value. When soups are consumed before a meal by a person, the person’s intake is reduced by 100 calories for that meal. By this way, total calories per day can be reduced.
[ Read: Weight Loss Supplements ]
Best Soups For Weight Loss
a. Vegetarian Soups
Vegetable soup for weight loss diet can be the best choice as they are low in calories with a rich nutrient value. There are certain soups that aid weight loss. Few of them are listed below:
1. Cabbage soup
This is the most commonly known soup for weight loss and is also widely used by people for quick weight loss.
2. Tomato soup
Tomato soup aids in weight loss. Tomato is one of the vegetables that can quickly burn calories.
3. Clear soups
Clear soups are low in calories.
4. Moroccan chickpea soup
This soup is tasty and low in calories.
5. Carrot and coriander soup
Rich in nutrients and very low in calories.
[ Read: Dance For Weight Loss ]
b. Non- vegetarian soups:
Non-vegetarian soup recipes for weight loss are relatively higher in calories when compared to vegetarian soups. It’s not advisable to have red meat and hence adding mutton or beef to soups must be avoided while following a weight loss regime. Reasonable amounts of chicken and egg can be added to soup as they are rich in protein. Few non- vegetarian soups with low calories is listed below:
6. Chicken salsa soup
7. Chicken and cabbage soup
8. Chicken and vegetable hot soup
9. Egg drop soup
The above non-vegetarian soups are less than 100 kcal per serving.
[ Read: How To Lose Weight From Arms ]
How to select the best soups:
There are certain things that must be noted while consuming soups for aiding weight loss. Select the best soup for weight loss based on the following factors:
- Low in calories -The calories in a serving must fall within 150 calories.
- Low in sodium- Sodium has water retention capacity so avoid soups with sodium or consume soups which are low in sodium.
- Homemade soups- Ready made soups may contain preservatives so it’s safe to have soups that are homemade.
- Avoid creamy soups – It’s better to avoid soups like cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup as they are rich in calories.
Thus, soups provide necessary nutrients to the body without increasing the weight. Find your hearty favourite and get your soup on. Don’t forget to leave us your feedback.
Get Your FREE NUTRITIONIST APPROVED 7-DAY DIET PLAN Today
Loved, trusted & used by 25,000 Modern Indian Women!DOWNLOAD NOW
90 Days Of Nutritionist Support & Personal Supervision*
* Eat, enjoy, lose weight and get healthy with celes!
Latest posts by Nithila AP Yadav (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Banana Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - November 9, 2013
- 9 Delicious Soups For Weight Loss - July 2, 2013
- How Black Coffee Helps In Weight Loss? - June 20, 2013
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Bael (Kaitha) - May 23, 2013
- Best Ayur Products – Our Top 10 - March 7, 2013