Prepared from the fresh roots of ginger, this tea perks your metabolism levels. A negative calorie herb, you can use ginger to flavor your food or just prepare a cup of tea. Ginger tea alone cannot do wonders in weight loss, but it can be used along with a sensible diet and proper exercise to help you lose weight.
Ginger Tea And Weight Loss – The Research Findings:
Ginger tea is a popular and natural remedy for a wide variety of digestive disorders, including upset tummy, vomiting, and gastritis. It is also an established remedy for cold and cough. However, during the recent past, it grabbed the attention of weight loss enthusiasts. A research conducted at Maastricht University, Netherlands found that this herb contains a type of caffeine that helps lose weight.
Nicknamed as the ‘edible amphetamine’, ginger tea enhances thermogenesis and curbs the hunger pangs. Keeping hunger under control is quintessential when it comes to losing weight. And, this has been proven by a set of researchers who conducted research at the Institute for Human Nutrition, Columbia University.
Yet, another study published by Japanese researcher L.K. Han substantiates the above mentioned property of ginger. His study, conducted on rats, was published in ‘the Journal of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan’ in 2008. While there are countless laboratory studies that show the positive influence of ginger and ginger tea for weight loss, studies on humans are yet to be conducted and established.
How To Use Ginger Tea For Weight Loss?
A 240 ml cup of ginger tea gives you hardly 10 calories. Plus, it is a filling in-between drink that keeps your hunger pangs under control. You can prepare this herbal tea from the fresh, grated roots or by adding dried ginger powder.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Ginger Tea ]
Preparation of Ginger Tea With Fresh Ginger Root:
Here’s a recipe to make fresh ginger tea for weight loss:
- Ginger root – 2 inch long piece, peeled, finely grated
- Water – 250 ml
- Honey – to taste, if required
How To Prepare:
- Heat water on medium to high heat and allow to come to a rolling boil.
- Add grated ginger root and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and add honey if desired.
- Drink warm.
Preparation Of Ginger Tea With Dried Ginger Powder:
- Dried ginger powder – ½ tsp to 1 tsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Honey or jaggery – to taste, if desired
How To Prepare:
- Boil water.
- Add dried ginger powder and allow to come to a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Strain and flavor with honey.
- Serve hot.
Benefits Of Ginger Tea For Weight Loss:
So, how does this herbal concoction actually help you lose weight? Compiled here are the benefits of ginger tea for weight loss:
1. Boosts Your Digestive Power:
Ginger tea possesses digestive power boosting potential. It curbs the appetite and keeps the spiraling blood sugar as well as serum cholesterol level under control. Just drink a cup of this tea made with fresh ginger before the meal to keep away bloating and stimulate digestion. Make sure you drink it hot and not warm for better benefits.
2. Regulates Cortisol Level:
Cortisol, the stress inducing hormone, is a major trigger behind that undesirable belly fat. Studies that appeared in a Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin article in 2004 suggest that ginger has the potential to inhibit the synthesis of cortisol. A well-admired anti-stress drink, ginger tea shields you from the cortisol induced weight gain.
[ Read: Benefits Of Ginger For Weight Loss ]
3. Peps Up Your Energy Levels:
Prepared from fresh ginger, this drink endows your body with better levels of energy. The higher the energy levels are, the better your mood will be. This, in turn helps you exercise better, burning more calories. The more calories you burn, the more you will lose weight and the flatter your tummy will be.
Just make sure that you drink 250 ml cup of ginger tea 15 minutes before your meals. You can combine ginger tea with other fat burning foods for better results.
List Of 10 Foods That You Can Enjoy With Ginger Tea:
Here is a list of 10 foods that you can enjoy with ginger tea for better weight loss results:
- Whole wheat bread, preferably without sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh fruits
[ Read: Benefits Of Lemon Ginger Tea For Health ]
Word Of Caution:
Make sure you do not use more that 4 grams of ginger a day while preparing the tea. Studies suggest that excessive consumption of ginger could actually leave with some undesirable side effects, including heartburns, upset tummy, and heartburns. People on drugs for gallstones and blood thinning medications should stay away from using this herbal concoction. This herb interferes with the effectiveness of such drugs.
Have you used ginger tea in any weight loss regimen? And how far did it help you? Share your thoughts about using ginger tea for weight loss.
- 8 Effective Benefits Of White Tea For Weight Loss
- 3 Effective Benefits Of Dandelion Tea For Weight Loss
- How To Use Lipton Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- 5 Simple Ways In Which Herbal Tea Results In Weight Loss
Latest posts by Nithya Shrikant (see all)
- 15 Healthy Homemade Protein Shake Recipes - March 31, 2015
- 20 Brown Rice Recipes – Healthy & Tasty - March 31, 2015
- 10 Harmful Effects Of Skipping Breakfast - March 27, 2015
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits And Nutritional Value Of Fava Beans - March 26, 2015
- 10 Simple And Delicious Mussels Recipes You Should Try - March 24, 2015