Are you suffering from chronic knee pain that you can’t seem to get rid of? You tried everything, from aerobics to physiotherapy to a change in diet and even took medicines to cure knee pain, but no luck.
But then, have you considered taking up yoga to cure your knee pain? If you haven’t, you might want to consider it.
Read this post to find out the effective poses in yoga for knee pain relief.
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose):
You wouldn’t think that standing tall and gazing forward could help you cure knee pain, but it does! Tadasana is the beginning of most routines.
- Joining your legs and keeping your heels slightly apart, stand tall.
- The sole should remain in contact with the ground.
- Keep your hands by the sides and fix your gaze ahead.
- Hold this pose for around 3-5 minutes.
- Repeat once more. You can increase the number of repetitions. (1)
Along with alleviating knee pain, there are other benefits of performing the mountain pose:
- It helps improve your posture
- Strengthens lower body
- Helps increase awareness
- Regulates breathing
- Firms your glutes and hamstrings
- Helps relieve sciatica
[ Read: How To Use Castor Oil To Treat Knee Pain ]
2. Triangle Pose Or Trikonasana:
Another great pose for improving knee mobility and strength is the triangle pose or Trikonasana. This pose helps induce rapid weight loss and activates your metabolism.
- Bend at the hip and straighten your right leg.
- Hold your left shin with your left hand.
- Raise your arms toward the ceiling and turn lift head towards the ceiling as well.
- Hold the position until you feel a stretch in your legs and back.
- Switch legs and repeat. (2)
- Triangle pose stimulates blood circulation.
- It helps firm your back, arms, legs, thighs and hips.
- It helps regulate blood pressure and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Triangle pose helps you cure indigestion.
- The triangle pose helps you improve balance and increases concentration.
3. Camel Pose (Ustrasana):
This is one of the best yoga poses for knee pain relief. Camel pose also has other health benefits and is mostly used to relieve congestion and improve digestion. However, the position of the legs and the movements make it effective for treating knee pain, and thus, camel pose has been regularly practiced by people with rheumatism.
- Begin by kneeling down on a mat or the floor.
- Your hands should be on the sides.
- Start bending back and continue until you feel your back stretch.
- Reach out and try to grab your heels with your arms.
- Hold this pose for 10-15 seconds before letting go.
- Remember to ease back into the starting position. Don’t snap at it.
- Get back to the starting position and repeat. (3)
- It helps relieve knee pain
- Ustrasana helps you increase the chest capacity
- Stimulates your abs
- Activates metabolism
- Improves respiratory health
- Strengthens back, neck and shoulders
- Cures problems related to the neck, shoulders and back
- Stimulates thyroid gland function
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves posture
Yoga asanas have their own set of warnings, and the camel pose is no different. Don’t perform this asana if you have problems like:
- Lower back pain
- Hypertensive or ’hypotensive’ tendency or migraine
- If you suffer from insomnia
You can make this asana more convenient and easier by placing your hands on your hips instead of holding them on to your heels. Keep bending back until you feel a stretch in your back.
Have you ever tried yoga for knee pain relief? So,why wait, solve that irksome problem by performing these yoga poses. The only thing to remember is to learn from the experts and get those positions right. Tell us how this post has helped you. Leave your comment below.
- Top 10 Yoga Asanas For Treating Osteoporosis
- 3 Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Treat Asthma
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas To Treat Groin Pain
- 4 Best Yoga Poses To Cure Headache
- 10 Yoga Poses To Help You Treat Cold
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015