Weight gain is one of the most important health issues faced by people today. All of us are working hard with the aim of achieving the perfect body weight. Weight loss cannot be achieved without any effort. While underweight people are far less in number compared to the ever growing population of overweight people, very few are working on maintaining healthy bodies. Losing weight can be tricky and difficult and the way to success lies in being persistent and not giving up. Yoga is one of the oldest ways to help one get back in shape and good health. Have you thought of trying Baba Ramdev yoga asanas for weight loss? Here are effective baba Ramdev tips for weight loss.
Ramdev Baba Yoga For Weight Loss:
Breathing is one of the integral and important aspects that determines the effectiveness and success of yoga. There are a few highly recommended asanas that focus on right breathing, inhalation and exhalation of air in the right manner to assist weight loss.
1. Breathing Exercise Or Asana – Kapalbhati:
One of the most widely practiced and proclaimed yoga asanas is that of the breathing exercise of Kapalbhati.
Steps To Do Kapalbhati:
- One has to sit cross-legged and keep the back straight along with his/her focus on relaxing the shoulders.
- Let your breathing come to normal and then take a deep breath.
- As you do so, pull your stomach in, chest out.
- Now, try to fasten this breathing with a focus on pulling your stomach in and out in a rhythmic fashion.
2. Anulom Vilom:
Steps To Do Anulom Vilom:
- Much like the posture you take in Kapalbhati, sit cross-legged on the floor and let your body breathe.
- Rest your hands on your knees.
- Now, slowly take your left-hand thumb and block the left nostril, breathing deeply and inhaling with your right nostril.
- Now, use your fingers to block the right nostril and let the thumb go from the left nostril and release the air completely.
- Now repeat this with both hands. Ensure you breathe deeply and only with your nose.
Much like Kapalbhati and Anulom Vilom, this one is also all about controlled breathing and getting maximum oxygen as you breathe in and out and make your stomach muscles work. As you breathe in, do so with maximum force and when you breathe out, exert force again. When you breathe in and out forcefully by expanding your lungs to maximum capacity, you help your stomach work and burn more fat at the same time.
[ Read: Ardha Matsyendrasana Steps ]
4. Yogic Jogging:
While many of us would stand and walk, stand and jog, yogic Jogging is an effective way to energize and vitalize your whole body into action.
Steps To Do Yogic Jogging:
- You have to stand on both your feet.
- Stretch the arm at shoulder level and the second arm elbow bent at 90 degrees next to your body.
- Now, breathe in, extend the folded arms and retract the arm that you had extended. At the same time, move your leg opposite to the extended arm and ensure you lift it up as much as possible.
- This full extension of the arms and legs leaves you breathless and burns a lot of calories, expands your lung capacity and helps streamline the blood purification in the body.
5. Yogic Cycling:
Yogic cycling is one of the best exercises for weight loss.
Steps To Do Yogic Cycling:
- Lie down on your back on the floor and let your body relax.
- Now, place your hands at your body’s side and fold your legs at 90 degrees to your torso on the ground.
- Slightly bend the legs and start the pedaling motion with your legs as you do so. Continue for one minute and then reverse the direction.
- Alternate between clockwise and anti-clockwise cycling movements with your legs.
- This will help lose weight and at the same time tone your stomach, legs, and also help make your back stronger.
6. Trikona Asana:
Stand with your feet wide apart as much as possible and at a comfortable distance without losing your balance and poise.
Stretch your arms at your sides and breath in. As you breathe in, bring your right hand next to the outside of the left foot and keep the other arm outstretched.
Hold in this position for as long as possible. Do not bend your knees or arms. Try to stretch as much as possible. This will help lose weight from the stomach area, flatten the belly fat and tone the body. Repeat in the other direction as well. Do 10 repetitions every day.
The most widely accepted and easiest exercise regime for all the body muscles and fat is the Suryanamaskar. Prefer to do Suryanamaskar early in the morning with little water intake to stimulate all the vitals in your body. Suryanamaskar is a series of 12 alternating and repeating exercises that will work wonders for your overall body and help with weight loss. You can check online for details of each step to avoid any injury or muscle pull.
[ Read: Complete Guide To Surya Namaskar ]
8. Ardha Hal Asana:
As is quite clear from the name, it means half a plough.
Steps To Do Ardha Hal Asana:
- Lie down on your back and breath in. Pull your legs at 90 degrees and slowly try to take your legs towards your head.
- Ensure that you focus on your breathing and don’t lose control.
- Only extend your body as easily as possible. Don’t over exert and slowly let your body become more flexible.
This is an effective great exercise for weight loss from the stomach area, leg toning, and it strengthens your back at the same time.
9. Rotate Your Legs:
Yoga is about moving and flexing all the muscles in the body. This is one of the best exercises for weight loss and body toning.
Steps To Rotate Your Legs in a Proper way:
- Lie down on your back and stretch your arms on the sides.
- Now, breathe in and slowly lift your legs and try to rotate them at a steady pace that you are comfortable at, taking the support of your hands if required.
- Then rotate in the opposite direction. Do this for 10 times every day for best results.
Above all, ensure that you eat healthily and give up on fast food and packaged foods for steady and fast weight loss.
Hope you found this article on Ramdev baba yoga for weight loss informative. Do try these poses and leave us your feedback below.
- 5 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Increase Height
- 8 Ramdev Yoga Poses For Leading A Healthy Life
- 5 Effective Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Cure Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Top 10 Weight Loss Diet Drops Available In India
- 7 Effective Yoga Stretches For Weight Loss
Latest posts by Renold Rajan (see all)
- Why Should You Use Coconut Oil For Tanning? - September 2, 2015
- Beware! 10 Side Effects Of Lemon Myrtle Tea - August 31, 2015
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spider Veins - August 17, 2015
- 10 Best Vipassana Meditation Centres In India - August 17, 2015
- How Apple Cider Vinegar Cured My Sore Throat - August 14, 2015