We all know that eating healthy is the secret to weight loss. But is it everything? Of course not! Eating right is not the only way in which you could lose weight. Adding a couple of exercises to your lifestyle will boost your metabolism and help you shrink faster. According to several researches, cardio, swimming, running or simply hitting the gym can help you lose those extra pounds. But again, are they enough to make you look fit, toned and super hot? Well, the answer is no. If you want to lose weight, you have to do cardio, but if you want to tone up and quicken the process of weight shedding, you have to incorporate strength training in the routine. Half an hour of cardio followed by ten minutes of deltoid exercises will not only tone your shoulder and arm muscles, but will help you lose overall weight.
If you would like to try a couple of deltoid exercises, try the ones listed here. Stay consistent and I am sure you won’t regret.
Shoulder Strengthening Exercises For Women:
Want a toned and healthy body? Try out these shoulder strengthening exercises:
1. Seated Dumbbell Press:
The Seated Dumbbell Press targets the anterior and medial deltoids. It is a simple and effective move. Doing this regularly shall surely give you great results.
- Set the incline on your bench to a 90 degree.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in both of your hands.
- Now hoist the dumbbells to your shoulder level. Keep both the palms away from each other.
- Now push both the dumbbells above your head until you reach right at the top.
- Your elbows should be slightly bent.
- Come back to the first position.
- Repeat 15 times.
2. The Lateral Raises:
This exercise is great for your medial deltoids. All you have to do is follow the instructions enlisted here and you’re good to go.
- Sit on the edge of a bench and hold a pair of dumbbells, one in each hand.
- Your arms should be down.
- Remember to keep your elbows bent.
- Now raise both the arms sideways until they are above your shoulder level.
- Your palms should be facing down right at the top. This will help in maintaining the tension
- Repeat 10 -15 times.
3. The Front Raises:
This is one of the best strengthening exercises for shoulder and is a great workout for your front deltoids.
- Assume that you are in a comfortable standing stance.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells.
- Now bring the dumbbells in front of your thighs.
- Lower the arms and bring it back to the first position.
- Now you can raise the right dumbbell.
- You should do a total of 20 to 25 reps with each hand.
- Keep both the arms bent slightly throughout the exercise.
4. Bent Over Laterals:
Bent Over Laterals is a great move for your rear deltoids.
- Sit straight right at the edge of a bench.
- Now hold a pair of dumbbells in each hand.
- Your arms should be hanging down.
- Lean forward in such a way that the chest comes near your thighs.
- Your elbows should be bent slightly.
- Bring the dumbbells sideways and swing them both beneath the knees.
- Your elbows should be bent still.
- Raise both the dumbbells and keep them sideways.
- Your elbows should be pointing towards the ceiling.
- Now come back to the first position.
- Repeat around 10 to 15 times in total.
These are the best deltoid exercises that you can try to get amazing results. Combine these with a good cardio session and get, set, go towards a svelte, fit and a more beautiful you!
Does your workout regimen include deltoid exercises? Do you enjoy doing them? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- 10 Best Exercises For Strengthening Groin Muscles
- Top 10 Core Strengthening Exercises
- Best Neck Strengthening Exercises – Our Top 10
- 6 Effective Stretches To Tighten Your Thigh Muscles
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015