A hair spa is the latest trend for conditioning the hair. It is a therapy for hair regrowth. Most people face hair problems like dandruff, hair loss, rough and dull hair. These problems can be reduced if spa treatment is taken. It conditions the scalp, circulates blood and gives relaxation.
If you ever feel the urge to splurge on spa treatments and want to be sensible at the same time, then the best way to get your pamper fix is to bring the salon and spa to your home!
How To Do Hair Spa At Home? – The Most Effective Treatments
So let’s take a look at the natural treatments included in this homemade hair spa:
1. Olive Oil Massage
Olive oil is an all-natural solution to your hair care needs.
- Start by massaging sufficient amount of olive oil gently on your hair and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then soak a cotton fabric in warm water. Squeeze it and remove any excess water and wrap it around your hair.
- Now leave the towel to nicely steam your hair for about 10 minutes.
- Follow it up later with a mild shampoo and rinse it well.
You can easily skip your conditioner as olive oil will give you the best conditioning your hair would require.
[ Read: Homemade Beauty Tips For Hair ]
2. Avocado Conditioning Mask
The avocado hair mask promotes hair growth and also adds shine making your hair appear healthier. The added advantage of avocado is the major source of nutrients which prevent hair damage.
- Start by making the mask paste by mashing two big avocados and add a big tablespoon of honey.
- Now remove any tangle from your hair and start applying the paste on the hair from the scalp to the hair end.
- You could leave this hair mask for about 20 minutes and then follow it up with a mild shampoo out and rinse out.
This hair mask will give you amazing shiny, soft and smooth hair.
[ Read: Homemade Conditioners For Damaged Hair ]
Eggs are a great source of protein which will help hair grow and also provide strength, preventing any hair damage. A simple tip to always remember is never wash out egg mask with hot water. Always wash it with cold water to remove the egg smell from the hair easily.
- Start by taking one egg and add sufficient coconut oil.
- Now gently apply it as a hair mask.
- Next, you could wrap the hair with a warm towel and leave it for good 20 minutes.
- Follow it up with a mild shampoo.
4. Ripe Banana Mask
Banana has good sources of potassium, natural oil and vitamins which help in softening the hair. It also prevents split ends and any damage by protecting the hair’s natural elasticity.
- Start by peeling a ripe banana and add a small cup of olive oil and one egg white and put in a blender.
- Apply it on the hair and leave it for 20 minutes
- Then use a mild shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair.
5. Milk and Honey Mask
This is a very simple hair mask and would suit all your hair needs.
- Start by mixing up a big tablespoon of honey into one glass of raw milk.
- Apply it all over the hair from roots to the tips and massage well.
- Allow it to soak for about 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
This mask will give you glowing soft hair.
6. Coconut Cream Mask
Cholesterol and saturated fats are really essential for repairing the body. Coconut has a high content of saturated fat. Hence, it is ideal for deep conditioning of hair.
- Make a fine paste of coconut cream in a blender or you can buy it at the departmental store.
- Take the sufficient amount of coconut cream in a bowl and warm it up nicely with your hands.
- Gently apply and massage it for 5 minutes.
- Cover hair with a warm towel and let the mask sit on your hair for an hour.
- Wash out with a mild shampoo and avoid blow drying after washing.
7. Strawberry Mask
Strawberries are super yummy to eat and good for hair too. Yes, you heard it right.
- Take a cup of sweet strawberries and add one egg yolk, followed by two big tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix it well and make a fine paste.
- Apply it to your hair and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Honey for hair? Yes! Honey is one of the best hair treatments you can give your hair. The good properties in honey help retain shine and luster to damaged hair. Apply half cup of honey and gently massage it into damp hair. You might have doubts, as honey might be very messy and sticky but honey is great for moisturizing damaged hair.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Treatment
- Combine equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar in a small spray bottle.
- Spray this mixture on your hair and leave it for 5 minutes
- Follow it up later with shampoo and conditioner.
This is a super easy hair treatment which can instantly soften up your hair and control frizz.
10. Beer Hair Treatment
Beer is a great detangling treatment for dry hair. Beer contains protein, which helps moisturize, enhance shine and strengthen your hair. Remember to do this treatment only once a week. Shampoo your hair as usual then pour beer through your hair, gently massage and then rinse it off.
11. Cucumber Hair Treatment
This is an amazing hair treatment for dry or damaged hair.
- Start by making a paste of one egg white with two tablespoons of olive oil and four pieces of cucumber.
- Massage and rinse it with lukewarm water after 15 minutes for smooth and silky strands.
Our hair deserves some extra pampering based on the hair type, scalp or hair condition if any and more. Below are the special hair spa treatments you can do at home:
12. For Dandruff
Mix 2 tbsp. henna powder, 2 tsp. amla powder, 2 tsp. shikakai powder and 2 tsp. reetha powder in water and apply it on your scalp only. Leave on for 1 hour and wash off with water. The oil applied earlier will prevent the henna from giving color. This pack is very good for dandruff.
[ Read: Medicines To Control Dandruff ]
13. For Dry Hair
Beat an egg and add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and 1 tsp of honey to it. Leave for 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water only. This effective hair spa at home for dry hair yields best results.
[ Read: Homemade Conditioners For Dry Hair ]
14. For Oily Hair
Mix fresh aloe vera pulp with a few drops of lemon juice and leave on for 15 minutes.
15. For Damaged Hair
Mash a ripe avocado and mix it with 2 tbsp. of curd.
[ Read: Hair Care Tips for Damaged Hair ]
16. For Dull Hair
Mix 1 tsp honey and 1 tbsp soaked fenugreek seeds in 3 tbsp curd. Apply it on your hair for 30 minutes.
Finally, shampoo and condition as usual and towel dry and say hello to gorgeous hair!!
Try out these 16 hair spa treatments at home to make yourself feel like you’ve just spent the day at the spa. I promise your stylist won’t mind. In fact, she/he may even want to know the secret behind your good looking hair! Let’s take a look at the benefits of a hair spa.
Hair Spa Benefits
1. Deep Conditioning
Hair spa for conditioning the hair helps in making the hair follicles stronger. It deeply nourishes the roots of the hair and promotes hair regrowth. The oil secretion of the scalp can be controlled. It rehydrates the scalp without causing dryness of the scalp. Due to pollution, many impurities get secreted on the scalp and these impurities can be cleaned by hair spa treatment. Dull and damaged hair can be treated with spa treatment which gives amazing results. Smooth and healthy hair is ensured by hair spa method.
2. Removes Dandruff
Many suffer from hair loss and dandruff, the best solution for these problems would be the spa treatment. These problems are caused mainly because of stress, climatic conditions, hormonal changes, and improper maintenance of hair. By taking up spa treatment, relaxation and reduced stress level are ensured, and also the regrowth of hair occurs.
3. Thick And Healthy Hair
Hair spa treatment makes the hair follicles stronger so that hair grows thicker. Spa treatment not only conditions the hair, but also increases the volume of the hair. This makes the hair look bouncy and healthier.
4. Prevents Scalp Aging
Scalp aging causes hair loss. Hair spa treatment prevents the scalp aging, which makes the scalp balance the sebum secretion so that it prevents hair loss. Hair spa treatment is a very effective method since it involves the massaging the scalp so that blood circulates properly. This helps scalp from the problem of aging and prevents itching.
[ Read: Best Loreal Hair Spas ]
5. Relief From Mental Stress
Most common problem in today’s life is mental stress. This problem is mainly caused because of improper lifestyle, work pressure and the best solution for that would be spa treatment. Since spa treatment involves massaging the scalp, it gives relaxation to the head and prevents the excess accumulation of stress on the head. AAs a result, the hair grows healthier.
6. Prevents Dull And Frizzy Hair
Hair spa treatment involves oil massage which makes the oil penetrate deep into the scalp. The oils will nourish the hair and prevent the hair from being dull and frizzy. It also makes the hair smooth and silky.
7. Maintains A Healthy Scalp
Healthy scalp reflects the strong growth of the hair. The scalp has to be maintained properly without any dirt so that hair grows healthier without any problems.A healthy scalp can be achieved by taking up spa treatment regularly since it cleanses and vitalizes the scalp.
8. Normalizes Oil Secretion
To maintain a good and healthy hair, it is very essential to normalize the oil secretion of the scalp. Less secretion of oil causes dull and dry hair. Over secretion of oil on the scalp causes the hair to be very sticky. Hence, it is important to maintain and balance the oil secretion of the scalp to make the hair look healthier.
9. Removes Impurities
Due to pollution hair gets damaged easily. The impurities in the pores cause hair loss. Regular hair wash and spa treatment makes hair clean and healthy. Hair spa treatment ensures healthy growth of hair, and it repairs dull and damaged hair.
10. Well-Nourished hair
Rehydration of the scalp is done by a spa treatment. It normalizes the oil secretion and makes the hair silky and smooth.
A balanced diet and a good lifestyle with the proper hair treatments like listed above can give you really good results. Do it regularly and notice soft and silky hair in no time. Stay healthy, stay gorgeous.
- 10 Best Spa Treatments Available In India
- 8 Essential Matrix Hair Spa Treatments
- Top 10 DIY Home Spa Tips
- How To Do A Foot Spa At Home?
Latest posts by Pavai (see all)
- 10 Best Nude Eye Pencils Available In India - February 4, 2015
- 5 Simple Ways To Prevent Hair Color From Staining Skin - January 31, 2015
- 10 Must Have Products For People With Oily Skin - January 29, 2015
- 5 Tools To Apply Your Eyeliner Perfectly - January 29, 2015
- 5 Simple Ways To Lighten Facial Hair Naturally - January 29, 2015