No one wishes to have an oily skin as such complexion gives a dull and wishy-washy look. No matter how well you cleanse your face, the oily skin turns in to greasy texture after a few hours. Also, it is most common for people with oily skin to being prone to acne and breakouts.
There are various causes for oily skin:
1. Genetic: Genes play a key role. So it is unfortunate that people with oily skin cannot get rid of their complexion, but there are several methods to control sebum secretion and skin eruptions.
2. Dirt: Presence of dirt and grit on skin’s surface will clog the pores resulting in excess oil accumulation.
3. Stripping essential oils: Heavy usage of cleansers and toners containing salicylic acid may strip natural oils from the skin and thus induce excess oil secretion.
Oily skin demands more intensive care when compared to dry skin. Oily skin causes many skin problems such as Acne, Premature wrinkles, Blackheads, Spots, White heads etc
Steps to take care of oily skin:
The best way to take care of oily skin and ensure clear skin is
- Cleansing –use gel cleansers or oil cleansers
- Moisturizing –moisturize the skin twice daily
- Exfoliating – exfoliate your skin at least 3 to 4 times every week
Homemade Moisturizer for Oily Skin:
Many people who have an oily complexion tend to avoid moisturizers. The fact is that oily skin tends to get dehydrated, thus one must apply at least a small amount of moisturizer twice in a day. Given below are few methods that will help you make a natural moisturizer for oily skin.
1. Milk and Olive Oil Moisturizer:
- Fresh milk
- Lime – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 to 3 table spoon
- A cup for mixing all ingredients
- First take a clean cup and pour about a quarter cup of milk.
- Take about 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix it well with the milk.
- Finally pour about 2 tablespoon of lime and stir it well, and your moisturizer is ready.
Benefits of the moisturizer:
Milk: the lactic acid softens your skin
Olive oil: makes your skin healthy
Lime: removes dead cells and any acne or blemishes, thus clearing the skin.
This is the best homemade moisturizer for oily skin!
[ Read: Diet Chart for Healthy Skin ]
2. Rose Petals Moisturizer:
- One cup of rose petals
- Rose water
- Aloe juice
- First take a vessel and boil the rose petals with a few drops of rose water.
- Filter the mixture as you need the liquid only.
- Add about 2 tbsp of aloe juice after the rosewater mixture cools down to room temperature.
- Place it in your fridge for a while and apply it on your face.
Benefits of rose petal moisturizer:
- Rose water: It helps to remove dirt and makes your skin look fresh <insert 3>
- Aloe Vera: It moisturizes the skin and clears acne. It is said to be the best skin care product ever.
3. Aloe Rose Moisturizer:
- 1 teaspoon of carnauba wax
- 1 table spoon of water
- Rose essential oil
- Aloe Vera
- Jojoba oil
- Glass bowl
Method for preparing the moisturizer:
- Firstly, take about 1 tablespoon of carnauba wax in a glass bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoon of jojoba oil, 1 tablespoon of water and mix it well.
- Take the glass bowl and place it on top of boiling water, so that the mixture gets melted.
- Remove mixture from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 1 drop of rose essential oil and mix thoroughly; your cream is ready.
Benefits of the moisturizer:
- Jojoba oil helps clean your skin; it is an excellent anti oxidant and moisturizes your skin.
- Aloe Vera gel helps clear skin.
- Carnauba wax softens the skin.
Don’t hold back! Use these simple tips on how to make moisturizers for oily skin and live your oil free skin dream!
Image source: 1
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)