Are you planning to flaunt that flat tummy before your hit the beach this summer? Do you want to shed those pregnancy pounds and get back your slim waist? A sedentary life and the temptation of junk food makes it difficult to get that dream figure.
So, if turning fab from flab is high on your to-do list this year, this post will help you out! Here we talk about lower ab crunches that can work wonders to tone your tummy.
Would you like to know the top Lower Abs Workouts for women? Go ahead with your read!
1. Warming Up Abs:
- You need to lie on your back, bend your knees and place your feet on the floor.
- Breathe in and tuck the chin towards the chest.
- Then breathe out and curl the head, shoulder and neck off the surface.
- Lift your arms and then reach the feet.
- Now revert to the starting pose.
- Repeat it eight times.
[ Read: Women’s Exercises For Abs ]
2. Rolling Up:
- Lie down on your back.
- Now, stretch your arms and extend your legs to resemble a straight line.
- Breathe in and bring both arms overhead.
- Curl the upper body off the floor.
- Breathe out when the body is halfway up and carry on rolling forward to touch the toes.
- Then inhale and revert to the starting position.
- Repeat it ten times.
3. Leg Drop:
- Raise the legs upwards and inhale to stiffen the abs.
- Then breathe out and lower the legs gradually.
- When the legs are about to touch the floor, you should pause and inhale.
- Again exhale and raise the legs to the earlier position.
- You can repeat it ten times.
[ Read: Best Ab Exercise Equipments ]
4. Scissor Move:
This move is one of the best exercises for lower abs.
- Lift both the legs upwards and keep them perpendicular to the floor.
- Lower the left leg until it is a few inches above floor level.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the floor and hold back part of right leg.
- Then pull it slowly towards you.
- Switch legs and repeat the steps.
- Do it ten times.
5. Torso Twist:
- Sit in a cross-legged position, stretch your arms forward and inhale.
- With hips in a square position and stiff abs exhale and rotate the upper body to your right.
- Revert to the starting position and repeat the pose on your left side.
[ Read: Abdominal Exercises For Women ]
6. Hanging Leg Raise:
You will need a pull-up bar to perform this lower abs exercise.
- While hanging from the bar, keep hands shoulder-width apart.
- Flex your buttocks.
- Keep your back straight.
- Then slowly raise the legs until they become parallel to the floor.
- Lower the legs slowly.
- Repeat it five to six times.
7. Bicycle Crunch:
The exercise helps tone the abdomen.
- While sitting on the floor, straighten the legs in front and gradually lift the feet off the floor.
- As you gain balance, place your hands behind the ears.
- Now move one leg towards the chest by bending it at the knee.
- At the same time, twist the lower torso so that the elbow touches the moving knee.
- Do the same with the opposite limbs.
- The movement simulates the movement of pedaling a cycle.
- Repeat the exercise a few times.
Try out these lower abs workout, and when you do get the perfect abs, don’t forget us!
What kind of exercises do you perform to work on your abs? Share with us in the comments section below.
- Top 10 Barbell Exercises For Women
- Top 15 Women’s Exercises For Abs
- Best Daily Exercises For Women – Our Top 10
- Top 10 Weight Training Exercises For Women And Their Benefits
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Sandbag Workout For Women
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015