Everybody has their own trouble zones ─ some want to lose those love handles while some want to get rid of cellulite. But the one part most women struggle with is their upper arm area. Come summers and we all feel like chopping off those bingo wings, so we could wear our favorite tank tops and those sexy off shoulder dresses, right?
Let us have a look at the 3 effective upper arm exercises for women:
But wait, here we have 3 moves to get rid of that dreaded arm flab and tone and sculpt those triceps into beautiful curves. According American Fitness Council (ACE), these effective exercises give the best results in the shortest time.
1. Triceps Dips:
You can use a bench or any raised solid platform like a chair or a stair to do the triceps dips.
- Sit on the bench with your back straight and abs tight.
- Place your hands on both sides of your hips and hold the edges in such a way that your palms are on the bench and fingers wrapped around the edge.
- Extend your legs in front of you and slide forward until your butt is off the bench. Support your weight on your arms.
- Now bending your elbows, lower your butt down towards the floor until your upper arms become perpendicular to the forearms.
- Straighten your arms and lift up to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
Variation – this variation can be done without a raised platform. In this variation, do the triceps dips with one leg lifted straight up and the other placed firmly on the floor. This variation works your triceps, your lower legs and booty.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Place your hands on the floor beside your hips on both the sides.
- Lift your butt and hips up until your body is in a straight line from shoulders to the knees.
- Straighten one leg with your foot pointed.
- Bending at your elbows, lower your butt towards the floor and at the same time lift the straightened leg up towards the sky.
- Straighten back the arms and return to the previous position.
- Do 15 reps on each leg.
2. Triangle Push-Ups:
- Come into the plank position with your body in a straight line, arms straight and abs tight.
- Shift your arms towards the center, under your chest and form a triangle by joining your fingers and thumbs on the floor.
- Lower your body down slowly by bending your arms at the elbows. Keep your spine straight. Do not let the lower back down. Keep your triceps near your torso with your elbows pointing backwards.
- Slowly push yourself upwards to the starting position. Do not let your back sag you downwards. Use the force of the floor to push yourself up.
- Do as many as you can.
Variation – if you are a beginner, you can put your knees down, and then do the push-ups. If you are more advanced and comfortable with the push-ups, then try doing them on the single leg.
3. Triceps Kickbacks:
- Stand straight with your spine erect and abs tight. Hold a dumbbell in each hand by your sides.
- Bend at your waist slightly with your back flat. Do not hunch the shoulders. Bend your arms at your elbows and push your elbows back.
- Straighten your arms engaging your triceps and bend them again.
- Do 15 reps.
[ Read: Simple Ways To Lose Weight From Arms ]
Variation – Do the tricep kickback while bending over a bench to lower the stress on your lower back. Another variation would be to do the tricep kickbacks while holding a narrow squat.
Do these exercises regularly and you are sure to get rid of those jiggly, flabby upper arms and rock your tanks all summer long!
Do you have flabby upper arms? What exercise do you prefer to tone them? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 10 Effective Exercises To Tone Your Arms Without Weights
- Top 15 Exercises To Keep Your Arms In Shape
- 4 Best Home Exercises for those Flabby Arms
Latest posts by Sakshi Gupta (see all)
- 10 Effective Exercises To Reduce Side Fat - January 31, 2015
- The Science Behind Weight Loss For Women - December 29, 2014
- Is Metformin Effective For Weight Loss? - December 29, 2014
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Using An Exercise Cycle - December 29, 2014
- 50 Best Weight Loss Exercises You Can Try - October 28, 2014