Apart from its distinctive aroma, camphor is known for its medicinal properties. This crystalline substance is extracted from the barks and woods of the camphor tree. It is beneficial for treating various types of skin disorders. Camphor is one of the main compounds in many acne and pimple treatment creams. You can also use camphor oil for acne as a home remedy.
Camphor is native to China, Japan, Madagascar, and Vietnam. Camphor tree is non-deciduous in nature. It has red leaves that turn dark green in color on their ripening. The leaves and stems of this tree are scorched using steam distillation to extract 3 types of camphor oil, such as yellow, white and brown. Out of these, only white camphor oil is used for medicinal purposes.
Camphor For Acne Treatment:
A plethora of Ayurvedic beauty therapies uses camphor as the main ingredient. Camphor oil reduces and treats acne. It is a common ingredient in acne treatment ointments in allopathy as well. Here are some other benefits of camphor oil:
- It treats your acne problem. Camphor oil rejuvenates the skin with its antioxidant properties. It ensures skin health and revitalization. It also heals skin ailments like itchiness, neurodermatitis, dry or oily skin.
- Camphor oil works as an astringent for your skin. It tightens the skin pores and purifies the skin by keeping oils and impurities at bay.
Camphor Oil As A Home Remedy For Acne:
Camphor oil with antioxidant properties is used for treating many skin-related problems. For curing acne, you can combine it with other essential oils. Here are two effective and natural home remedies of camphor for acne:
1. Camphor Oil With Other Essential Oils:
- Half cup castor oil
- Half cup almond oil
- One tsp camphor oil
Method Of Application:
In a bowl, mix castor oil and almond oil to make a smooth mixture. Add camphor oil to this mix. Now wash your face and pat dry with a towel. Shake the mixture well and then apply it on your face. Leave it as such for the whole night. In the morning, wash it off as soon as you wake up. You will notice those acne fading away.
2. Camphor Oil Massage:
- Camphor oil
- Water for steam
Method Of Application:
It is the simplest home remedy for curing acne using camphor oil. First, wash your face and then steam for around 20 minutes to open up the skin pores and remove impurities. Massage camphor oil gently over the cleansed skin to achieve positive results.
Here is how to use camphor for acne using the above remedial methods.
[ Read: Benefits Of Mustard Oil For Health ]
A Word Of Caution:
Although benefits of camphor oil for skin are well known, there are certain side effects that you must know.
- Avoid applying this oil on busted skin as it may poison your skin. At times, it becomes life threatening too.
- Avoid using camphor oil if you are pregnant. If you still want to use it, be cautious!
- Avoid the direct application of undiluted camphor oil on the face, if you are suffering from asthma. Ensure to prevent it from entering your nostrils.
- Always use camphor oil in small or recommended quantities to avoid over dosage.
- While using camphor oil to treat acne, try to maintain a healthy diet as well. Avoid consuming oily and fried foods.
Camphor oil is beneficial to treat acne. But before using it, always ensure that you are not allergic to it.
With precautions, you can give a tough fight to acne with this wonderful home remedy.
Have you ever used camphor oil to treat your acne? Did it help treat your acne? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- 10 Simple Remedies For Treating Dry Skin Acne
- 11 Effective Ways To Use Baking Soda For Treating Acne
- How Does Aloe Vera Help In Treating Acne/Pimples?
- 4 Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Under The Skin
- 7 Easy Ways To Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
Latest posts by VATSALA SINGHANIA (see all)
- 10 Best Gym Shoes For Women - February 2, 2015
- 5 Yummy Tamil Brahmin Recipes You Must Try - January 28, 2015
- 10 Best Yoga Retreats In Ontario - January 20, 2015
- 10 Best Aerobics Classes In Hyderabad - January 20, 2015
- Are Tummy Vibrating Belts Effective For Weight Loss? - January 6, 2015