Onion is one of the most widely and most commonly cultivated vegetables in the world. You can eat it raw or cooked. You can also use it to make pickles and chutneys. It is used to prepare various dishes and cuisines. It increases the flavor and texture the dish. As a vegetable, it possesses many medicinal qualities. It also has anti-inflammatory, anticancer and anti-oxidizing properties, which make it beneficial for the health.
[ Read: Benefits Of Onions For Health ]
Onion For Weight Loss:
Now, a major portion of the world is affected by obesity. The main causes of the extra weight gain are unhealthy lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise and eating excess junk food. These are but a few of the reasons that lead to obesity and unhealthy weight gain.
Using onion is a natural way of reducing weight and extra fat from the body. It increases the body’s metabolic rate. The metabolic rate is the rate of digestion of your food and its absorption into the cells. If this rate is affected due to some problems, it can lead to various other diseases. Onions contain various essential oils and minerals, which speed up your metabolism and reduce your weight naturally. As mentioned before onions have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which make them one of the perfect weapons against excess weight gain.
Some of the best ways to consume onions and lose those extra kilos are given below:
1. Onion Juice:
There is no better way to imbibe all good properties of onion than a glass of fresh onion juice, which will also help you to reduce weight. Here’s a recipe of onion juice for weight loss:
Steps To Prepare Onion Juice:
To prepare a glass of onion juice, you need the following things:
- Take 1 bulb of fresh onion and remove the skin.
- Slice it and boil it in half a pan of water for 10 minutes until it turns transparent.
- Add the boiled onions in a blender with 2 cups of water and mix it well.
- Now, you have a glass fresh onion juice, which will help lose weight in a natural way.
[ Read: Best Benefits Of Onion Juice ]
2. Onion Soup:
Onion soup for weight loss has an effective impact in reducing weight and if you want to lose your weight quickly, it is one of the best options. A regular diet of onion soup will make you lose those extra pounds in a very short period of time.
Steps To Prepare Onion Soup:
To prepare onion soup, you need to take:
- 4 or 5 fresh large onions, 2 or 3 green peppers, 4 big ripe tomatoes and1 cabbage (medium size).
- Wash all the ingredients with water and cut into small pieces.
- Boil all the vegetables in a pan until they are nicely cooked and start looking like a soup.
- Add salt according to the taste.
A regular diet of this soup will make you lose excess fat in a couple of days without any side effect and weakness. It burns all the excess fat of your body giving you surprising results.
[ Read: How To Make Onion Juice? ]
Onion has been used as a vegetable since the ancient times. In ancient times, Egyptians used to worship onions for its qualities to cure various diseases. They knew what this small vegetable was capable of! Apart from all the nutrients, onions can be your best friend if you are trying to lose weight. This common vegetable will help you become healthy without any side effects.
So, next time you cut an onion, you can definitely shed a few tears of joy!
Did you know about the effective ways to use onion for weight loss? Do you know of any other ways of consuming onions? Do share with us in the comment section below.
- All You Need To Know About Aloe Vera For Weight Loss
- 8 Effective Benefits Of Sprouts For Weight Loss
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Weight Loss
- 4 Effective Benefits Of Ginger For Weight Loss
Latest posts by Pubali Mukherjee (see all)
- What Is Osho Meditation And How To Practice It? - January 29, 2015
- 27 Effective Home Remedies To Treat Premenstrual Syndrome - December 29, 2014
- 3 Major Causes Of Weight Gain Before And After Periods - December 23, 2014
- What Is Cellophane Hair Treatment And What Are Its Benefits? - September 16, 2014
- Top 10 Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap - September 11, 2014