A powerful brain is the root of a sharp memory. Whatever we remember mostly depends upon the level of activity in our brain. However, there are a number of reasons like aging, injury, anxiety, tension, etc., which affect the working capacity of our brain. It may lead to minor forgetfulness and sometimes even severe memory loss.Here is how to increase memory power of brain by yoga!
Top 8 Poses Of Yoga To Increase Brain Power:
We, at Stylecraze, always try to help you out with various tips and tricks that can improve your overall health and well-being. Today, we are going to talk about how to increase your brain power with yoga. Explore the top 8 yoga postures that can actually help you strengthen your memory:
Sarvangasana boosts the memory power by increasing blood supply to our brain.
- Lie on your back and raise both of your legs together in an upward direction while inhaling.
- Provide support to your back with your hands.
- Hold the position for 2 minutes during the first few practices and then increase the time gradually up to 30 minutes.
It promotes brain activities significantly.
- Sit straight on the ground by spreading the legs forward and placing the hands by your side.
- Start bending your torso forward while stretching your tailbone slowly.
- Then, extend your hands and touch your toes.
- You may keep your eyes fixed on the floor by leaning forwards a little. Hold the position for 3 to 4 minutes.
The regular practice of Bhujangasana can work as a true memory booster.
- Lie on the floor, face down and legs joined together.
- Your palms should rest on the floor right beside your chest while elbows need to be elevated in the upward direction.
- Now, start inhaling while lifting up your chest.
- Move up the head as much as possible by pushing the neck backwards.
- The duration of this pose should be at least 30 seconds.
It is one of the simplest yoga postures that can enhance the power of your brain to a large extent.
- Sit upright on the ground and stretch your legs out.
- Now, place your right toe on the external edge of your left thigh by bending from the knee and vice versa.
- Rest your palms on your knees, close both of your eyes and relax.
This asana stimulates the brain by soothing the mind, body, and soul.
- Sit straight by spreading your legs forward.
- Now, place your left sole on the inner edge of your right thigh by folding from the knee and vice versa.
- Keeps your palms on your knees and concentrate by closing the eyes.
[ Read: How to do Super Brain Yoga ]
This pose of yoga for increasing brain power is another simple and easy-to-perform asana that can sharpen your memory skills considerably.
- Stand upright on the ground by putting your hands up beside your ears.
- Bend your torso downwards in such a way that your palms reach your toes gradually.
- Touch your toes with your fingers and hold the position for next 20 to 30 seconds.
It is one of the basic yoga postures that trigger the brain muscles and increase the overall power of the organ.
- At first, you have to kneel down on the ground.
- Make sure that the lower parts of your legs (starting right from the knees) are in contact with the ground.
- Rest both of your palms on your knees and sit absolutely straight.
- Finally, close your eyes and concentrate.
[ Read: 26 Yoga Poses To Enlighten Yourself ]
Last but not the least, practice Halasana to improve your brain power like never before.
- Lie on the ground on your back and raise both of your legs together upwards. They should make a 90 degree angle with the floor.
- Now, slowly bend them over your head and touch the floor with your toe fingers.
- You can provide support to your back by using your palms.
- Stay in the position for 25 to 30 seconds.
So, practice these yogasanas regularly and experience a significant increase in your brain power! Stay sharp with yoga.
Are you a yoga practitioner? Have you tried these asanas for strengthening your brain? DO you know of any other asana that can do the same?
Hope you like our article highlighting top 8 poses of yoga to increase brain power.Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- Top 10 Yoga Poses To Improve Your Memory
- 20 Reasons Why You Should Practice Yoga Every Single Day
- Top 10 Yoga Poses To Boost Your Immune System
- 8 Amazing Yoga Poses To Tone Your Body
- 11 Effective Yoga Poses To Build Your Body Strength
Latest posts by Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Vegetarian Restaurants In Pune - December 26, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics For Weight Loss - October 21, 2014
- 4 Steps To Use Mala Beads For Meditation - October 20, 2014
- Top 10 Herbal Cosmetic Brands Available In India - October 20, 2014
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - October 8, 2014