Who doesn’t love eggs? Being a super food, eggs can be prepared in many interesting ways. There are proven facts behind the goodness of eggs for our body – both inside and outside
It’s been indoctrinated to eat eggs for good health since ages. But, now eggs have also become a popular ingredient for hair and skin masks. Yes, it may seem strange to slather on raw eggs on our face and hair but the ends justify the means. Read on to discover the amazing benefits of eggs, also called as ‘Ande’ in Hindi for your skin and hair.
Eggs for Skin:
- Protein rich egg whites are said to cleanse, purify, tone and firm the skin, while helping to reduce the appearance of pores.
- Egg white, when applied as mask, works to offer a smooth skin and is the perfect anti-aging skin care ingredient.
- Eggs whites are also a tonic for soothing sunburns and burns. The egg white not only sooths the burning sensation, but also prevents blisters.
|Nutrient in Egg White||Benefit for Skin|
|Protein||For tissue repair and growth. Promotes strong wrinkle-free skin|
|Potassium||Hydrating and moisturizing. Preserves moisture in skin cells.|
|Riboflavin||Eliminates toxic and cell damaging free radicals that create wrinkles|
|Magnesium||For youthful radiant skin. Slows down the aging process of skin.|
Eggs for Hair:
- Eggs offer luster, shine to the hair and are a perfect natural conditioner. It helps add volume and texture to the hair.
- When combined with added ingredients such as lemon juice and olive oil, eggs offer added benefits like reducing hair fall and more manageable hair.
- Eggs are superheroes as they are full of the following nutrients.
How to Use Eggs in your Daily Routine:
There are number of ways in which one can incorporate eggs into their daily skin and hair care regime including face masks and scrubs, conditioners, and shampoos. They can be used by themselves, or mixed with other ingredients to achieve positive results.
- Egg, olive oil and honey mask: Egg white offers temporary tight feeling to the skin and makes the pores look smaller. Mix an egg well with a teaspoon of honey and olive oil. Apply the mixture on the face and neck and rinse it off 10-15 minutes with tepid water. Eggs will help tighten, while honey will act as a moisturizer to the skin.
- Egg white wash:Separate the egg white from the yolk and beat it up until it becomes foamy. Apply this directly to the skin and once it dries, wash it with warm water. Egg white claims to tighten and tone the skin.
- Egg white skin lightening mask: This can be prepared by blending 1 egg white with 1 tsp of orange juice and 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Apply and let dry. Wash it off with warm water
- Egg yolk and castor oil hair mask: For strong and beautiful hair, mix 2 egg yolks (depending on the length of your hair) with 2 teaspoons of castor oil. Massage this mixture on the hair and rinse it thoroughly after 15 minutes.
- Honey, egg yolk, almond oil and yogurt hair mask: Mix together 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Make a frothy paste and apply it on the hair for half an hour to attain smooth and evenly moisturized hair.
A Few Tips to Remember:
Here are a few tips to remember when working with raw eggs.
- Eggs can carry the salmonella bacteria. So choose pasteurised eggs. These are available in the market and the label on the box should say pasteurised eggs.
- Clean any surface which comes in contact with raw eggs including your bowls.
- Wash your hands properly and ensure that you don’t consume raw eggs.
So, what are you waiting for? Include eggs in your skin and hair care regime and say hello to a beautiful you! Do share your views with us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Piracetam Benefits For Brain Health Plus Potential Side Effects - May 25, 2016
- Phenibut HCL: What Does It Do, Risk Of Potential Side Effects, And Dosage Recommendations - May 25, 2016
- Benefits of Inositol Supplements: Effects, Function, and Potential Side Effects - May 24, 2016
- L-Tyrosine: Benefits, Side Effects, And Dosages Guide - May 16, 2016
- L-Dopa: Effects, Side Effects, And Dosages - May 16, 2016