Hippocrates was right when he said ‘let thy food be thy medicine’. The human body has an innate ability to heal itself if provided with the right nutrition. However, many of us ignore this dictum and continue to lead sedentary lifestyles along with bad dietary habits. If you’re planning on staying healthy and are wondering where to start, try wheatgrass!
Wheatgrass is a type of green grass plant that has amazing healing properties and therapeutic qualities. It contains chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins, and amino acids that are good for our health. Wheatgrass belongs to the wheat family and is usually sold in the form of juice, powder or grass. Proponents of this dietary fiber claim that a wheatgrass diet can supply the body with all round nutrition.
What is Wheatgrass Diet?
A wheatgrass diet suggests consuming wheatgrass in the form of juice or powder at least twice a day. Unlike other diets, wheat grass does not ask you replace your regular meals with wheat grass, but recommends adding this plant to your regular diet. You can definitely use it as a healthier snack option. You can get a healthier body for sure on consuming wheatgrass regularly.
[ Read: How does the 1000 Calorie Diet work ]
Some Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice Diet:
- Wheatgrass contains high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory enzymes that kill bacteria and viruses in our body.
- Wheatgrass can control and regulate the blood pressure in our body. It increases the count of red blood cells and is very good for fighting conditions like anemia. It is also effective in cleaning the various organs and the gastrointestinal tract from toxins. Conditions like cholesterol can easily be managed because wheat grass is a natural vaso-dilator.
- Wheatgrass promotes weight loss and is also effective against obesity. It has essential ingredients that stimulate the thyroid glands and regulates the endocrine system. The endocrine system is responsible for proper weight gain and weight loss process.
- If you’re looking to go on a liquid detox diet to knock off a few pounds, try wheatgrass juice diet. It flushes out the toxins from the body and rejuvenates it with a healthy blood system.
How to Use Wheatgrass Juice Diet?
Make wheatgrass juice at home or buy it ready made from the store. If you are using the grass directly, then put it in a blender along with water to make a juice out of it. If you are using a powder, then dilute one glass of water with one tablespoon of wheatgrass. Drink one glass of juice in the morning instead of milk/tea/coffee. Have another glass one hour before your lunch and one more before dinner. If used on a consistent basis, wheatgrass can help you lose weight, manage your hunger and health at the same time.
[ Read: The GM Diet Plan ]
Where to Find Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is easily found in Ayurvedic or herbal stores. Several supermarkets also keep a stock of this product these days. If you’re unable to find one in a store nearby, you can look for it online. Several online herbal stores stock wheatgrass powder and juices and ship it to you on order. Sometimes you can also get discounts on such products.
If you like gardening, you can grow wheatgrass in your very own back yard. It does not need much maintenance and germinates within 7 days of planting the seed. Regular watering will take care of the grass.
A Word of Caution:
Pregnant and breast feeding women should consult their doctor before using wheatgrass. For healthy people under normal circumstances, it does not cause any side effects. Even on long term use, wheatgrass is known to have caused no subsequent side effects in people and is generally considered safe.
[ Read: 1200 Calories Diet Plan ]
No, we are not asking you to join another diet fad. The Wheatgrass diet plan asks nothing more than adding a few glasses of this nutritious juice to your regular diet. That is the least you can do to keep your body healthy! Try it!
Have you used wheatgrass in your diet before? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015