“The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.” Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn probably spoke from personal experience as she was the epitome of beauty. One of the most attractive features of your face, eyes are the window to your soul. They smile, they laugh, they cry and at times, they are sly too.
Our eyes express our emotions and thoughts beautifully when words fail us. It’s our responsibility, in turn, to take care of them. In today’s world, with the workload and strenuous lifestyle, eyes have lost their natural beauty. You get dark circles, puffiness, redness, itchiness, wrinkles, and what not. Even after waking up in the morning, your eyes look tired and dull because of the dark circles and under eye bags. Why spoil your delicate eye area with cosmetics?
24 Essential Eye Care Tips
Here are some very inexpensive tips for eye care for you to follow.
Beauty Tips For Dark Circles
Don’t they make your eyes look ugly and fatigued? You can know more about why dark circles appear here. These are the best eye care tips for beautiful eyes ever!
Eye Care Tip 1: Tea Bags
Apply cooled tea bags over closed eyes. Don’t use herbal tea bags, because most aren’t as effective as the black tea bags
Eye Care Tip 2: Chilled Cotton Balls
Dip cotton balls in chilled water and keep for five to 10 minutes on your eyes.
Eye Care Tip 3: Cucumber
Cucumbers work wonders for tired eyes. Place two slices of cucumber over your eyes and rest for a while. Besides its cooling properties, it also helps to lighten dark circles.
Eye Care Tip 4: Cucumber Juice
- Extract cucumber juice by grating them and squeezing them through a muslin cloth.
- Dip cotton pads in the juice for two minutes.
- Place on eyelids and darkened area.
- Relax for 15 minutes and then remove.
Continue this procedure for two to three days and you will see remarkable results!
Eye Care Tip 5: Tomato Pulp, Turmeric, Lime Juice, And Gram Flour
- Mix one tsp of tomato pulp, a pinch of turmeric, ½ tsp of lime juice and one tsp of gram flour till it becomes a paste.
- Apply gently on eyelids and darkened area.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Remove gently with moist cotton pads.
Follow this for a week for best results.
Eye Care Tip 6: Almond Oil And Lime Juice
- Alternate hot and cold compress under your eyes for 10 minutes.
- Then apply a teaspoon of almond oil mixed with half teaspoon of lime juice on the dark surface every night before going to bed.
This is a good beauty tip that can be tried at home for dark circles.
Eye Care Tip 7: Rose Water
Do they require a special mention when it comes to eye care tips? Multi-faceted and multi-talented, the rejuvenating features of rose water can also be effective to reduce dark circles!
- Just apply cotton balls soaked in rose water on closed eyes for 15 minutes or so.
This method is considered to be one of the most popular and easiest cures for dark circles. This tip is so convenient that you can do it anywhere and everywhere, even if you are on a flight. Share this beauty tip with your friends also!
Here is a detailed tutorial on hiding dark circles.
Beauty Tips For Sunken Eyes
Sunken eyes are an illusion when you have dark circles around your eyes. Try these simple eye care tips at home to minimize their occurrence.
Eye Care Tip 8: Honey And Almond Oil
- Mix one tsp of honey with ½ tsp of almond oil.
- Apply at bedtime. In the morning wash your face as usual and pat dry. You’ll see good results over a period.
[ Read: Sunken Eyes – Causes And Remedies ]
Eye Care Tip 9: Almonds And Milk
- Soak five almonds overnight.
- Next day, first thing in the morning, peel the almonds and eat them by chewing well.
- Follow with a glass of milk.
Practicing this for 21 days should definitely help.
Beauty Tips For Puffy Eyes
Why wake up every morning with swollen and red eyes giving others the impression that you either spent the night crying or drinking? Follow these eye tips. You will certainly look fresh.
[ Read: Remedies To Treat Swollen Lips ]
Eye Care Tip 10: Cucumber / Potato Pulp With Basil Tea
- Slice or grate small raw potatoes or cucumber and blend to a fine consistency. Strain juice and preserve pulp.
- Prepare a cup of basil tea and add the pulp to it.
- Pour the mixture into an ice tray and make cubes.
- Dab them onto puffy eyes.
- Rinse and then pat dry.
Eye Care Tip 11: Chilled Spoon
Yes, you read it right. We are talking about using a chilled spoon here!
- Place a rounded spoon in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Once cold, pull it out and hold it against the puffy portion.
This is very effective in reducing puffiness.
[ Read: Home Remedies To Treat Eye Bags ]
Eye Care Tip 12: Cold Compress
You can make cold compress either out of cold water or bags of ice cubes. When you feel them warm up, dip either in cold water or add more ice depending what you are using.
- Place the cold compress on your eyes.
- Repeat till the puffiness drains out.
Eye Care Tip 13: Tea Bags For Puffiness
The natural astringents in tea i.e. tannins work wonders in reducing puffiness.
- Wrap a tea bag around a tissue.
- And place them on closed eyes.
Special Beauty Tips For Those Using Computers Or Contact Lens
Computers play a very important role today. There is hardly any work we can do without this electronic machine. Lenses have become a part of fashion for most modern women. Like bags and shoes, they use lenses as their accessory. Here are few tips to help rest your eyes.
When You Are In Front Of A Computer
Eye Care Tip 14
Make sure you are in a well-lit area for any reading or eye-related activity that you are doing, even if it is on a computer screen.
Eye Care Tip 15
After every 20 to 30 minutes of staring at the screen, look at something distant and blink several times. This improves your ability to focus.
Eye Care Tip 16
When on a computer, the number of times we blink tends to reduce. Make it a point to blink frequently to avoid dryness of eyes.
Eye Care Tip 17
Splash cool water on your face while taking a break. This will not only refresh you, but it will also cool your eyes down.
Eye Care Tip 18
Most of us are guilty of staring at the screen for long periods at a stretch. This causes immense stress to the eyes. While staring, we mostly forget to blink. This causes the eyes to start drying out and results in itchy and puffy eyes. Too much exposure to the screen can also weaken your eyesight, and you may need glasses to correct vision.
Make sure you take a break every half an hour. If possible, close your eyes for a few minutes to give them a breather.
Eye Care Tip 19
Fix an anti-glare shield to the monitor on your system or use anti-glare glasses when you work. You can also adjust the direction to ensure that you see the least of glare on your screen.
When You Are Using Your Lens
Eye Care Tip 20
Ensure that your lenses are clean and free from any protein deposits. Always wash hands before handling lenses. Opt for monthly disposable lenses for that fresh feeling.
Eye Care Tip 21
Change your lens solution every day. Store lenses in fresh solution only
Eye Care Tip 22
Keep that appointment with your optometrist on for every six months. A regular eye test will ensure your eyes are in good shape and are getting the right care they need.
Eye Care Tip 23
Wash your eyes properly with cold water after you remove your lenses.
Eye Care Tip 24
You may also use two to three drops of rose water on your eyes for a soothing effect.
Here are some easy do’s to take care of your eyes and make sure they are in the best of shape.
Dos For Eye Care
This is what you should be doing to keep your eye healthy and beautiful.
1. Sleep Well
Who doesn’t love to sleep, right? And now you have the perfect excuse to do just that!
Your eyes need as much rest like you. Eight hours of sleep is what they need. Adequate rest will also ensure you don’t wake up with tired, puffy eyes.
2. Drink Enough Water And Fluids Throughout The Day
Water is essential for your overall well-being. The same goes for your eyes!
Drinking a good amount of liquids helps preserve the viscosity of the fluid in the eyes. This will prevent them from getting drying and itching.
3. Wear Sunglasses
Make it a rule to always step out wearing sun shades!
Buy sunglasses that have UV protection. Always go for shades that are from a reputed brand. These will help block the harmful radiation of the sun. Wearing sun shades also prevent pigmentation on the sensitive skin around the eyes.
4. Lather On The Sunscreen
The harmful rays of the sun are always present, no matter what the season!
Make sure you wear sunscreen every day. Apply it all over your face, taking special care to apply it on the sensitive area around your eyes. Let it sit for at least 20 to 30 minutes before stepping out in the sun.
5. Eat Healthy
Keeping your eyes in good health is also about eating right. Include foods like carrots, beetroots, and green leafy vegetables in your diet on a regular basis.
The above pointers can be easily incorporated in your day to day lifestyle. These will help prevent any long-term damage to your eyes and keep your peeps looking beautiful and fresh.
These eye care tips mentioned are easy, hassle-free and economical. All we need is five to ten minutes out of our busy schedule to take care of our eyes. Share your eye care tips too in the comments below. Do let us know how you are taking care of your eyes. Comment below!
- Care for Your Eyes With Yoga
- Top 10 Symptoms And Home Remedies For Evil Eye
- 20 Effective Home Remedies For Dry Eyes
- 20 Effective Home Remedies For Eye Stye
- 17 Natural Ways To Improve Your Eyesight
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Early Signs Of Heart Attack. Do Not Ignore These Symptoms At All! - December 28, 2017
- Yoga Beyond Boundaries - August 17, 2017
- Hooking Up With My Bestie’s Boyfriend Was The Worst Decision Of My Life - April 21, 2017
- The Best Natural Adderall Alternatives To Buy OTC - April 25, 2016
- 4 Hair Color Trends You Need To Try In 2016 - March 16, 2016