“Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
The American travel writer and novelist summed it up aptly. Long and languid days of summer give way to frigid and drying winter. Our skin goes through a lot in summer with tanning and sun damage. Winter is equally harsh with dry winds leading to stretched and dry skin. Hence winters are a time to regroup from that skin damage and also prepare for the harshness of winter on our skin.
We already use a surfeit of chemical products, so how about looking at some natural remedies to combat the itchy and parched winter skin. These remedies are economical and easy enough to make and use. Diligence and patience is the key in achieving super hydrated and glowing skin in the winters. Compliments will follow you everywhere
It’s that time of the year again! Winter makes your skin dry but fortunately Mother Nature is a very neutral person and when she causes a problem, she also leaves behind a number of solutions!
Homemade Banana Face Packs For Dry Skin:
Let’s look at some homemade banana face masks. This can also be called the 5 rupees natural face mask as bananas retail at around Rs 5.
1. Banana and Honey Face Pack:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
How To Prepare and Apply Banana and Honey Face Pack?
- Take a banana and cut it into small pieces.
2. Add honey to it.
4. Mix them to make a smooth paste.
5. Apply over the face.
6. Rinse with water after 10 minutes.
This pack will moisturize the skin and reduce the aging effects of the winter. It provides vitamin E and makes the skin glow with health.
[ Read: Homemade Scrubs For Dry Skin ]
Banana and Honey Face Pack Video Tutorial
Here is a video to guide you on how to prepare and apply banana and honey face pack.
Skin Benefits of Banana and Honey Face Pack:
- Honey locks in the moisture.
- Banana and olive oil contain good amount of Antioxidants which help in removing and neutralizing the bad effects of chemicals on skin.
- Olive oil also helps regulate your skin’s sebum production.
- This pack will give you very relaxing, soothing and moisturizing effect on your skin.
2. Banana and Butter Face Pack:
- 1 Ripe Banana: For an economical option, look at the produce which is marked at a discount for quick sale. You can use the one required and freeze the remaining bananas to use as and when required.
- 2 tbsp white butter
How To Prepare and Apply Banana and Butter Face Pack?
- Mash the Banana and make it into a smooth paste
- Whip the butter till smooth. In case the butter is not available you can substitute it with full-fat milk.
- Mix the banana and butter and apply all over the face. This combination is ultra hydrating for dry skin.
Alternatively, you can also jazz this pack up and make a mask with:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp full fat milk
- 1 tbsp yellow butter / white butter
- A few rose petals. Chopped up and mashed to release the juices
Blend all the ingredients for a smooth paste. Apply all over your face and keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry with a towel.
3. Vitamin E Face Pack:
- 1 ripe banana mashed till it becomes a smooth paste
- 1 vitamin E capsule – Ruptured to extract the vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
How To Prepare and Apply Vitamin E Face Pack?
- Blend all the ingredients and apply on the face. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse and pat dry
- You can even add rose water and sandalwood powder for further hydration
4. Banana and Yogurt Face Mask:
- 1 Ripe banana mashed till it becomes smooth
- 2 tbsp yogurt. Whisked till smooth
How To Prepare and Apply Banana and Yogurt Face Mask?
- Blend till smooth and apply.
- This will hydrate your skin and even remove excess sun tanning.
[ Read: Multani Mitti For Dry Skin ]
5. Banana and Lemon Juice Mask:
- 1 ripe banana mashed till smooth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How To Prepare and Apply Banana and Lemon Juice Mask?
- Blend till smooth and apply all over the face.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off Bananas are rich in vitamin A, B and E works and works to reduce the premature ageing effects of skin damage.
- Lemon lightens skin and also helps lighten blemishes and scars.
These are the best 5 rupee masks that will hold you in good stead in winter. These are super effective for dry skin. Always do a patch test before application. Stay healthy and stay happy.
- DIY – Homemade Exfoliating Rice Face Pack To Refresh Your Skin
- 5 Effective Homemade Face Packs To Treat Dark Spots
- Summer Face packs For Combination Skin
- 5 Homemade Face Packs For Sensitive Skin
Latest posts by poulami (see all)
- Best Moisturizers For sensitive Skin - January 16, 2013
- How To Apply Bridal Eye Makeup Perfectly? - December 22, 2012
- 16 Best Kept Japanese Beauty Secrets You Should Be Aware Of - December 18, 2012
- Banana Face Pack For Winter Dry skin - November 29, 2012