By now, you must have perfected the art of doing Dutch braids and French braids. If you have, It is time to move onto the third hair braiding style in this series – The Fishtail braid. This braided hairstyle is the easiest to do of the three. The technique of the Fishtail Braid is ‘Criss – Crossing’.
1. Divide the hair into equal parts.
2. Pull a section from the right outer end.
3. Pass it to the left end as shown below.
4. Now, take a section from left outer end
5. Pass it to the right end. You will get a cross as shown in the above picture.
6. The steps 6, 7, 8 and 9 is a repetition of the above steps to give you a better look. Continue these steps till you reach the end of the hair and secure with an elastic. As a finishing touch, cover the elastic with a narrow section of the hair using a bobby pin and you are done.
It will definitely take a little bit of practice to work with the techniques explained but keep practicing, especially the French Braid.
You can also try French fishtail braid hairstyles for a change.
See you in the next article and till then keep practicing……
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Vish (see all)
- Simple Fishtail Braid Tutorial: Step By Step Picture Guide - July 23, 2013
- Waterfall Braid Picture Guide: Step By Step Tutorial - July 22, 2013
- Lace Braid Picture Guide – A Step By Step Tutorial - July 21, 2013
- How To Do A Donut Bun – Pictorial - July 11, 2013