Flaxseed is considered a super food due to its many health benefits. They contain a good amount of lignans that get converted by the intestinal flora known as “Enterodiol”. This is also proved to be very beneficial for the overall health of women.
Flax Seeds Weight Loss
Here’s How Flax Seeds Benefits Weight Loss:
Flaxseed contains 2 healthy components that can be included in your daily diet and also help you shed some unwanted pounds.
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
This is also known as a “good” fat that plays a vital role in everyone’s diet. Saturated fat and trans-fat are the unhealthy fats that increase weight. Polyunsaturated fat in flaxseed is best for the body and helps in weight loss. Fat is important for proper digestion as it helps break down the carbohydrates and proteins.
Fiber is processed very slowly by our body and hence gives the feeling of being “full” for a longer duration. Flax seed contains soluble and insoluble fiber. These help to lower blood cholesterol levels, let stool pass more quickly, and help in bowel movements. Flaxseed is low in carbohydrates and very low in calories. Thus it is useful for weight loss.
Benefits of Flax Seeds for Weight Loss:
- Flaxseed provides lower cholesterol as compared to drugs. Consume 20 g of ground flaxseed to reduce LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, total cholesterol and total HDL-cholesterol in both groups.
- One of the easiest things you can do to speed up your weight loss is to add 2 tablespoons of flaxseed into your everyday diet.
- You can add them into a smoothie or mix it into a salad.
- Flaxseed is very low in carbohydrates and contains high amount of B vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. This helps you feel full and keeps you from being hungry for longer periods of time.
- Flaxseed for weight loss also helps to create a protective layer against breast cancer. Flaxseed associated diets and weight loss is useful to reduce the risk of breast cancer. Women with breast cancer are generally advised to consume flaxseed flour diet.
- One ounce of ground flaxseed in your daily diet affects estrogen that protects against breast cancer.
- Weight loss due to flaxseed promotes normal ovulation for women who are trying to conceive. It increases the chances of conception.
- Flaxseed reduces the premenopausal symptoms such as irregular menstrual cycles, breast cysts, decreased sexual appetite, cognitive dysfunction, headaches, sleep difficulties, fluid retention, anxiety, irritability, mood swings, weight gain, fibroid tumours and heavy bleeding.
- Flaxseeds help to reduce weight and thus lower the chance of heat menopause.
- Postmenopausal women are advised to consume 40 g of ground flaxseed in their daily diet for six weeks. This reduces the frequency of attacks by 50% and balances the attacks by 57%.
- Flaxseed can help in preventing and controlling high blood pressure. People who consume more amounts of polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega 3-and flaxseed diet tend to lose their weight faster.
Additional Health Benefits:
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases
- Treats immune disorders
- Helps to lower diabetes
- Gives relief from constipation
Tips To Consume Flaxseeds:
- Pregnant and breast feeding mothers should not consume ground flaxseed
- Consuming flaxseed is better than consuming flax oil
- The suggested dose to consume is 1 to 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in a day
- Make sure to buy it ground
- Avoid eating flaxseed as whole. They pass undigested through the intestinal tract
- Buy brown or golden flaxseed
- Flaxseed is also included in many whole grain breads, crackers, energy bars, meatless meal products, cereals, pasta, and snack foods
- You can add them to your smoothies, soup, or yogurt
- You can also substitute ground flaxseed with flour in baking recipes such as breads, bread, bagels, pancakes, muffins, rolls, and waffles
- Best place to keep ground flaxseed is in the freezer
We hope the above information was of help. Do let us know if you did include flaxseeds in your diet and how it helped you.
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- 23 Effective Exercises For Toned Buttocks - April 25, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014