Are you planning to start a diet to get more oxygen in your blood? Then you need to make sure that about 80 percent of your meals consist of alkaline foods, which help increase the oxygen levels in your blood.
On that note, what are the foods that you need to include in your diet to enhance the oxygen supply to your blood? This post has the answer. Read on to know more.
Benefits Of An Alkaline-Rich Diet
The benefits of following an alkaline-rich diet include (1):
- It increases oxygen levels in your bloodstream.
- It prevents lactic acid build-up that can be detrimental to your health.
- It helps stimulate different functions and processes in your body.
- It helps in the restoration and renewal process of your body.
- It helps in keeping your body’s pH levels normal.
- It helps the different organs in your body function properly.
- It optimizes your body’s ability to absorb different vitamins and minerals.
Foods that are rich in oxygen improve overall health, which is why they are highly important. In this day and age, people eat foods that are processed and unhealthy, and hence a healthy diet is so crucial. When your diet is highly acidic, it can lead to breathing problems, sterility, cardiovascular diseases and different terminal diseases.
[ Read: Carbohydrate Rich Foods ]
Top 10 Oxygen Rich Foods
Here are the ten kinds of foods you need to include in your diet to give your body the oxygen it needs to stay healthy and strong:
1. Avocadoes, Berries, Ripe Bananas, Carrots, Currants, Celery, Garlic, Dates
These foods have high antioxidant content, and they are beneficial to health. Their pH value is 8. Dates, berries, and garlic have properties that help in regulating blood pressure.
2. Alfalfa Sprouts, Sweet Apples, Apricots
These are fiber-rich foods that have a pH value of 8 and are easy to digest as well. They also contain loads of enzymes that help maintain your body’s hormonal balance. You definitely need these foods if you want to increase blood oxygen levels.
3. Sweet Grapes And Pears, Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Raisins, Vegetable Juices
These foods have a pH value of 8.5 and are rich in vitamins A, B and C as well as antioxidants. The foods in this group regulate the blood, which in turn helps in lowering blood pressure and decreases the risk of heart disease. Vegetable juices are important for cellular detoxification as they are rich in iron.
4. Fruit Juices, Kiwis, Chicory
This group of foods has a pH value of 8.5. These foods are rich in flavonoids, which is a chemical compound found in natural foods with antioxidants (2). They contain natural sugar that does not form acidic compounds when food is digested. In fact, they have properties that promote alkaline-formation and provide more energy for the body.
5. Asparagus, Seaweed, Watercress
With a pH value of 8.5, this group has foods that reduce the acid levels in the body. For instance, watercress is rich in calcium and iron and asparagus has high levels of asparagines, which is an amino acid that is beneficial for the nervous system.
6. Mango, Limes, Melons, Parsley, Papaya
The foods in this group have a pH value of 8.5, and work best as kidney cleansers. Papaya helps in cleansing the colon and regulates bowel movement. When eaten raw, parsley helps immensely in eliminating harmful substances from the intestines and acts as a diuretic, cleaning the kidneys. Mangoes, lemons, and melons are rich in vitamins and form alkaline during digestion.
7. Capsicum (Cayenne), Cantaloupe
The foods in this group have a pH value of 8.5. They are rich in enzymes that are necessary for the endocrine system. Capsicum has a high content of Vitamin A, which is important in combating free radicals that cause illnesses and stress (3). It also contains antibacterial properties. Cantaloupes are high-fiber fruits and are low in sugar.
8. Organic Gelatin Or Agar Agar
This is a natural substitute for gelatin that is made from seaweeds. It is high in calcium and iron. It also has a very high content of dietary fiber and is easily digested by the body. It is definitely one of the best foods that increase oxygen in the body.
This fruit is highly alkaline with a pH value of 9. Due to its high water and fiber content, it acts as a mild diuretic (4). It is also a very rich source of lycopene, beta-carotene, and Vitamin C. This delicious fruit is one of the best energy and life-supporting foods out there, and you can make the most of its goodness by using it as part of your colon cleanse and week-long fast.
This is the top oxygen-rich food. Though they are acidic outside the body, they turn alkaline within the body. Lemon has electrolytic properties that make it an excellent alkalizing food. It is a quick and powerful reliever from cough, cold, flu, hyperacidity, heartburn and other ailments related to viruses. It is also one of the best tonics for the liver as it helps in cleansing and energizing this vital organ.
These top oxygen rich foods mentioned above should be made an integral part of your daily diet as they will help in increasing the levels of oxygen in your bloodstream. This will, in turn, keep your body free of disease and boost the functions and processes of the different systems. Alkaline, or oxygen-giving foods, are essential to health and prevent hypoxemia, or low levels of oxygen.
It is important to take foods that are rich in fiber, iron and antioxidants to keep this condition away and to protect the blood cells that carry oxygen and fight against the dangerous effects of free radicals.
Apart from eating plenty of dark and leafy green vegetables and fruits, you should remember to drink plenty of water and exercise regularly to naturally provide your body with the oxygen it needs to stay healthy. By getting more oxygen into your body, you will feel healthier and more revitalized than you have ever been. You would also protect yourself against the many diseases that often come with a modern lifestyle.
Tell us how this post has helped you. Do comment in the box given below.
- Top 10 Foods Rich In Iodine
- Top 10 Glutamine Rich Foods You Should Add To Your Diet
- Top 10 Beta Carotene Rich Foods You Should Try
- Top 10 Serotonin Rich Foods
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015
- How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Treat Ringworms? - August 11, 2015