Have problems with acne? Nothing seems to work? Acne is one of the most unfortunate things that can happen to anyone!!! You will be surprised to know that there is a connection between what we eat and the condition of our skin. Yes, that’s right. While every individual responds differently to certain types of foods, there are specific foods that are known to spark a reaction which eventually leads to acne.
If you are reading this article I assume that you have acne problem, bigger or smaller, anyway it affects your life some way and you are looking for solution.So you would want to know, what can you do about it? Don’t worry, here is your answer.
Read this post and discover how the foods you consume can also result in causing acne!!! If you want to get rid of this stubborn acne, avoid these foods as much as possible.
Here Are The Top 10 Foods That Cause Acne:
1. Diet Soda:Diet soda is very inflammatory to your body, since it contains the aspartame that increases the acne breakouts. Diet soda can lower the pH levels which can cause acne.
High sugar intake and a diet with a high glycemic index can placed high on the list of food that causes acne. Sugar in any form can cause spikes in certain pimple producing hormones. Foods such as chocolates and other sugary treats increase blood sugar, which may trigger acne. To get acne-free skin, you must avoid sugar as much as possible.
[ Read: Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars ]
3. Dairy:Cow’s milk contains many nutrients and growth hormones. These growth hormones can cause acne. Milk also increases the production of insulin in your body that can cause pimples on your skin. Milk and cheese can increase the acne on your skin.
4. Gluten:Gluten causes inflammation and digestion related problems that cause acne. Foods such as flour, cereal, bread, wheat, and pasta are the biggest causes of inflammation in your body that comes out as acne on the skin. Gluten has similar effects like sugar, so try to avoid these foods to get a clear skin.
5. Vegetable Oils:Trans fats and highly processed vegetable oils are the major factors that cause skin breakouts. These include canola oil, corn oil, margarine, and other vegetable oils stimulate inflammation. Hence, it is advised to consume extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for a clearer acne-free skin.
Salt can lead to swelling in the tissues and give you puffy face. Iodized salt should be avoided in high doses, as they can cause acne. Check the sodium content of the pre-packaged foods before consuming. You should also rinse the meats, canned vegetables, and beans to reduce the sodium from them.
7. Candy:Candy is filled with sugar content that cause acne, wrinkles and unhealthy skin. They damage the collagen and elastin fibers, which is useful to maintain the firmness and youthful skin. This can also cause dry skin that produces premature wrinkles and skin sagging.
8. Spicy food:
Consumption of excess spicy food can cause harm to your digestive system. This leads to inflammation sensation in your digestive track and acne on the skin. This also increases the blood circulation to the face that gives redness to your face. Hence, individual with acne must take spicy food in moderate quantity and take proper care for the skin condition. It is recommended to control or cure the acne in its early stage. They can be cured by clearing pores or medications advised by the doctors.
9. Caffeine for pimples:
Caffeine can be obtained from tea (black and green), chocolate, sodas, coffee, energy drinks and pain killers. Caffeine stimulates the adrenalin glands to release stress hormones that can increase the stress levels. Taking too much stress is harmful for your health and skin and lead to acne condition.
Caffeine can also disturb your sleep by not letting you go to the deepest phase of sleep. This sleep is essential for physical repair and detoxifying your body. These conditions can worsen the acne on skin.
10. Processed foods:Any processed or packed food is bad for your skin and health. Processed foods are highly refined that becomes difficult for proper digestion. This can cause many allergic reaction, inflammation and acne.
They are also filled with additives, flavors, and other chemicals that cause allergic reaction. Processed foods have high amount of fat and refined sugars that can cause diabetes, Excess belly fat and inflammation.
These foods aren’t necessarily bad for you, but when taken moderately you can avoid acne. If you suffer from acne, try and cut back on a couple of these and you may find yourself with healthy, beautiful skin. So there is your answer to what foods causes acne!
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- 23 Effective Exercises For Toned Buttocks - April 25, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014