The start has to be right always. Irrespective of what you do.
A foundation is one of the most important bases for your makeup. Unless you get your foundation right, you will not look your best.
There are various foundations available in the market, but just picking up one will not solve your purpose. There are certain things you need to keep in mind while selecting a foundation for yourself, one of the main ones being your skin type. Different foundations have different formulations for dry, regular, oily and combination skin. So before you choose any, it is important to understand what will work best for you.
Points To Remember While Selecting A Foundation For Dry Skin
If your skin is dry you will definitely need something which does not dry out your skin further.
- Look for an oil based foundation as it will suit you the best
- If you have dry skin, avoid foundations which are water based or non-oily. These may or may not dry out the skin but will not give your skin the necessary moisture
Who Should Use A Foundation Meant For Dry Skin
People with normal or combination skin can also face skin dryness as they age. As we age, (no what our skin type) many of us may face a change in our skin type. The oil glands of the skin surface tend to produce even lesser oils. As a result, those who did not have dry skin earlier can start feeling that their skin is getting dryer. If your skin type is changing with age, it is time to start using a foundation that is meant for dry skin.
Foundation for those with skin issues:
Some people may face acne problem even if they have dry skin. In such cases, it is best to use an oil based foundation.
- Use a heavy gel based foundation or a cream based foundation which is medium oily.
- Alternatively, first apply a cream which you are comfortable using and which does not cause acne. This will help give your skin some additional hydration. Once that soaks in, apply a plain water based foundation or a powder based foundation.
The Best Foundation For Dry Skin
1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation with SoftFlex:
- This foundation contains moisturizing ingredients that will help hydrate dry skin
- It also comes with SPF 15 that will help protect the skin against damage from the sun’s harmful rays
- This is a long wearing product and will stay on your face for a good amount of hours. It will not smudge during the day.
- It is lightweight
- The foundation will not look cakey
2. Clinique Super Foundation:
- This is a light-weight foundation
- It is specially created for dry skin.
- You may find it a bit tricky to get this in India, but will find it at the Sephora store. You can also try buying it online.
3. Mac Mineralize Satin Finish:
- This foundation is especially formulated for those with dry skin.
- It is oil based
- This foundation is especially good for the winters, as it helps nourish your skin and also gives it a glow
- The product has a light reflecting mineral formula
- It has a sheer to medium coverage
- It also contains Vitamins A, E and C which will help nourish the skin
- The foundation gives a real good coverage
These were some of the best foundations that are available specifically for those with dry skin. The prices are a bit on the higher side, but less is enough in this case. Meaning that your foundation will last a long time.
Do try them out and let us know which one worked best for you and how it felt on your skin.
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 10 Trending Nail Colors You Must Own This Winter - March 15, 2015
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- Beautiful Cheetah Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps And Pictures - March 18, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Designs - February 7, 2014
- Beautiful Red And Green Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014