Possibly the worst thing to happen just before a social gathering is the discovery of a fat, red, ugly pimple in a hard to conceal spot on the body! I have had my fair share of zits at the most inappropriate moments. My graduation, a presentation at work and this one time, at a friend’s hen party, and all we ever saw of me in snaps were red, shining boils in a swanky dress!
Those embarrassing pictures set me on a path to conquer the pimple and emerge with smooth, appealing skin for a pretty snap! These techniques or remedies have helped me squash zits before a full-fledged eruption, and leave me looking presentable in an important social gathering. I have tried everything on myself so feel free to pick a fix that suits you! Know how to get rid of pimples in one day.
What Is A Pimple?
A pimple is an inflammation of the skin, caused when your sebaceous glands become infected with grime and bacteria, filled up with pus and swell up, leaving you with awful zits across your face and neck.
While some argue that a zit is caused by the lack of a proper skin care routine, I personally believe otherwise. Caking your face with exfoliants, scrubs, creams and lotions is not going to do too much good and there are only so many times you can wash your face a day.
These quick fixes should help you get rid of pimples in a day, leaving you looking fresh as a daisy for your big event!
How to Reduce Pimples in One Day?
I have personally found this to be an effective cure for pimples, fast acting and safe.
All you have to do is to wrap a few crushed cubes in a clean cloth and hold it against your pimple for a few seconds.
Repeat this process at least four times a day. Ice improves blood circulation in the area and freezes the skin pores.
It helps to soothe the skin around the area and reduce the swelling. A one day fix, ice can reduce your fat boils to pin prick spots that you can conceal easily with a bit of powder, cream or concealer.
[ Read: Acne ]
Unusual but effective! I have found this pretty useful pimple fix. It works fast and does a clean job of containing eruptions.
- Crush an aspirin tablet and add a few drops of water to make a paste of it, mix well to form a paste and apply to the zit.
- Let the paste dry. Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory agent, and helps reduce the swelling due to accumulated pus.
- Leave the paste overnight and wash off in the morning. The pimple is less discernible after its aspirin treatment.
A widely known quick-fix home treatment and one that I have found extremely effective is the toothpaste treatment.
- Apply a blob of toothpaste on the zit and leave overnight.
- Wash off in the morning. You will find that the zit is less discernible and the swelling reduced.
In my experience, this works best when it follows the ice treatment. Use white toothpaste, not a gel based one.
[ Read: Reduce Pimples Naturally ]
4. Baking Soda:
Baking Soda, king of home remedies works (Surprise!) for pimples as well. This is a zit fix I recommend to everyone since it works well on sensitive skin as well, unlike other remedies that cause patchiness or dryness.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice or water to baking soda, make a paste and apply to the pimple.
- Wash off with warm water in about five minutes and follow up with a moisturizer.
- Do not leave the paste on for more than a few minutes as it could cause skin dryness.
A few drops of lemon juice works applied on a pimple. Though it causes a little itching, it helps to reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Ensure you apply only fresh lemon juice and not bottled products.
- Dip a clean swab of cotton in the juice and apply on the zit before you go to bed.
- Another remedy is to mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a tablespoon of lemon juice, make a paste and apply on the pimple.
- Leave the paste overnight and wash off in the morning with warm water. I would not recommend this remedy for people with sensitive skin though. It can cause dryness, irritation and redness.
That’s it folks, this is how to get rid of pimples in a day. They should help you get through your important days zit free! Do not forget to drop in your comments.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- Sunflower Oil Vs. Olive Oil – Which Is Better? - July 22, 2014
- Top 10 Best Brown Hair Colors Available In India - July 21, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Snakeweed For Skin, Hair And Health - July 19, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Meditation For Your Brain - July 18, 2014