Is there a single natural product that we can proudly say has infinite advantages for our health? The answer is YES. It is undoubtedly ginger!! Here I would like to share a surprising fact about super ingredient Ginger!! Yes, we all know that it is a common staple in most kitchen cabinets, but who knew that it has got surprising benefits!
Ginger is not only beneficial for your health but for your hair too! Using ginger for hair growth is a century old practice. In India where Ayurveda is trusted for healing diseases and health problems, it highly recommends the use of Ginger for hair growth treatment.
Be it providing positive results for the body or to treat certain ailments through natural cures, Ginger does it all.
Ginger for Hair Growth – Properties of Ginger That Help Hair Grow
Now you must be wondering how does Ginger help in hair growth. Let me tell you some of its properties which boost the growth of hair naturally.
1. Fresh Ginger roots which contain magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and vitamins helps in making your hair stronger, healthier and shinier.
2. Not only Ginger roots make your hair healthier and stronger but it is also an effective remedy for hair loss as it strengthens the roots of your hair.
3. Dandruff is one of the most common scalp and hair problems which women suffer. Ginger tends to help in getting rid from dandruff problem. Best way to use is to apply ginger oil along with olive oil on your scalp and let it work overnight.
4. Ginger has some very useful constituents which help to fight dry hair. As it naturally makes your scalp healthier and stronger, it also tends to boost your hair growth.
5. Ginger contains some circulatory agents too. These help to increase the circulation and blood flow through scalp which improves the growth of hair follicles. And when hair follicles are wakened or increased, they automatically boost your hair growth
6. Ginger is also rich in fatty acids. It helps prevent the thinning of hair which leads to the reduction of hair loss.
So these were some of the best properties of Ginger which tends to help in growing your hair naturally. Usually people are confused in between using Ginger roots and Ginger powder. Ginger roots are advised to use in comparison to Ginger powder. It is just because fresh Ginger roots are full of essential nutrients and other elements which are required for the nutrition of hair follicles. Other Ginger products may contain some coloring agents which can make your hair blonde.
[ Read: Hair Growth Remedies ]
There are some suggested ways, with which you can reap maximum benefits from Ginger for your hair. It can help you grow your hair naturally, darken and strength the roots of them, help you get rid of dandruff and prevent thinning of hair.
Here are two recipes with will surely help you a lot.
1. Take 1 tbsp ginger root. Grate it into a small bowl. Now add 1 tbsp of olive oil or jojoba oil to it and mix it well. Massage on your scalp using this mixture in circular direction. Rub it with your finger tips for 5 minutes. Leave it on your hair for minimum of 30 minutes. You will start to feel the warmth. Now wash it off with a shampoo. Don’t use conditioner just after rinsing it.
2. Second way to use ginger is take 6 ounces of fresh ginger. Peel it off. Take ¼ cup of water. Now place both things in a blender. Blend it until ginger becomes a fine pulp. Now line a small bowl with three layers of cheesecloth. Take the blended and pureed mixture of water and ginger on that cheesecloth. Now make a bag-type of that cheesecloth by gathering the edges of it together. Squeeze, twist and turn as much as you can, so that the juice from that mixture comes out into that bowl. Apply this juice on your scalp directly and let it develop for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off using your favorite shampoo then.
[ Read: Carrots For Hair Growth ]
Aren’t these tips fabulous? I mean there is no point of spending money in chemically treated hair care products when you have such a natural and cheap solution for boosting your hair growth and fighting other hair problems. Using Ginger for hair growth is worth giving a shot.
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014