I don’t know what it is about Greece, but everything there seems so beautiful and majestic!! I’ve never been there, but have heard of many beautiful Greek women in Greek mythology and who on earth doesn’t knows Helen of Sparta who was the most beautiful women in the world.
Greek women are especially known for their for love natural beauty! Be it their luminous olive-toned complexions or excellent skin and perfectly shaped body, it is worth knowing what Greek beauty secrets are. But how do they do it? Put down your passport—you won’t need to go anywhere to find out. Here I bring you some of the wonderful ancient beauty secrets that will help you awake your inner goddess!
Let us now discuss some Greek women beauty secrets that they highlight beautifully with well practised makeup tricks.
Greek Women Beauty And Makeup Secrets
1. Use of Olive Oil:
It is said that Greeks were the first to use olive oil to moisturize skin. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants which help in revitalizing dry and chapped skin. It also speeds up the renewal process of the cells which are present in your skin.
2. Use of Sea Salt:
As they are close to the sea, sea salt is very easily available to them. They use it to exfoliate their skin and enrich it with its natural minerals.
3. Taking Hot Baths:
Hot baths is one of the major secret of their natural beauty. They have heated baths in bathhouses. It is very important for them as they believe that the warm water opens up the pores of skin easily. This helps in getting rid of all the toxins in a very natural way.
4. Taking Milk Baths:
Though this is quite an expensive way to treat your skin, but rich women in Greek civilization often preferred for Milk bathing before special occasions. Now-a-days, taking milk bath is a rare thing to be witnessed, but still some women wash their face, neck and arms from milk. It softens the skin making it very soft and supple.
5. Honey Face Masks and Body Scrubs:
Honey is a great beauty ingredient which Greeks used in making face masks and body scrubs. It is said that we inherited the use of honey as a beauty ingredient from Greeks only. Honey is good for skin as it is anti-inflammatory and helps in cleaning of dead skin cells.
6. Less Use of Makeup:
Greek women are more into taking care of the skin and making it beautiful naturally rather than applying loads of makeup on their skin daily. Also because it is a marine weather there, the humidity makes you sweat and which does not let the makeup to stay for a longer time period. So Greek women apply less or no makeup and try to beautify their skin naturally.
[Read:Kim Kardashian’s Makeup]
Greek Women Fitness And Diet Secrets
1. Greeks follow a Mediterranean Diet. It is considered as one of the healthiest diets for skin. It includes ample amount of Omega-3 fatty acid which helps in keeping the skin glowing. Not only skin, but it also tends to keep you slim and in perfect shape.
2. They follow proper 3 meals a day habit, where breakfast mostly consist of little barley bread dipped in wine sauce. Lunch is also light but more substantial while dinner is the largest mean of the day.
3. It is said that ancient Greeks were obsessed with fitness. They walked for few miles every day after dinner in order to get their food digested properly.
4. Fruits like apples, pears and figs are a part of their daily routine. These fruits naturally keep your body fit and healthy
[Read:Top 10 Jogging Tips]
Aren’t these beauty and fitness secrets just wonderful? And of-course they can easily be implemented in your routine too. So now you know what you need to do to attain that ethereal Greek beauty.
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014