What is the most striking part of your eye? Undoubtedly your eye lashes. No matter what is your eye shape and colour, long and full lashes add an quality of mystery that make your eyes so very attractive. To give our eyelashes that dramatic look, we either use mascara or fake eyelashes. But for how long ladies? Why don’t we venture into some natural ways and solutions to grow long eyelashes?
Eyelashes Care is Equally Important as Hair Care:
We care for our hair, so why not our eye lashes too? As routine hair care makes them healthier, taking care of our lashes will show positive results over the course of time. It is easy and you don’t even need to work so much as you do for hair. Whenever, you are trying to embark on a lash care routine, remember that the results will not be visible till the next cycle of the eyelashes. So, you will have to wait patiently for two months before you see any difference in your eye lashes.
How to Grow Eyelashes Long and Healthy?
Let us take a look at how to naturally make eyelashes longer and beautiful.
1. Remove Eye Makeup at the End of the Day:
Makeup clogs the skin around the eyes which is very thin already. And mascara is very heavy for the lashes on the lashes. And removing it at night gives a rest to your lashes. The same rule applies here to your eye lashes as your skin as they are both equally delicate.
Also, be very gentle when you are removing your eye makeup. If you are rough with your lashes, they can become sparse and may not grow back as healthy as they are right now. Your eye lashes take longer to grow back than your hair and you don’t want to damage what you currently have.
2. Olive Oil:
Apply olive oil to your lashes. This will help them grow longer and stronger. This is one of the best home remedies to get long eyelashes.
3. A Mix of Olive and Castor Oil:
- Mix olive oil and castor oil together
- Now apply the resultant oil on your lashes
- This will promote eyelash growth
4. Petroleum Jelly:
Pure petroleum jelly (Vaseline) if applied to your lashes regularly at night helps your lashes grow faster and makes them thicker and stronger.
5. Green Tea:
Add Green tea leaves to warm water and then apply it to your eye lashes. This promotes healthy lash growth and makes them longer, thicker and stronger.
6. Lemon peels soaked in olive or castor oil:
- Soak lemon peels for a few days in olive oil or castor oil
- Apply this to your lashes for growth.
7. Trim Your Eyelashes:
This really helps. You can trim your lashes once every two to three months. Just trim a small part (1/4th). Trimming your lashes will stimulate the follicle of your eyelashes and makes them grow faster.
Along with home remedies for long lashes, you must have a balanced diet. A few foods that are great to boost the health of your eyes and eye lashes are:
- Most fruits
- Green vegetables.
- Other sources of proteins.
- Make sure you never skip breakfast and include some amount of fat in your daily diet.
- Don’t starve yourself to become skinny! Eat healthy and practice regular exercise, whether at the gym or simple brisk walking.
Here are a few products that will help you to boost the growth of your eye lashes:
- You can use Lashfood. It is known to be a natural conditioner for the eye lashes.
- Lilash is another product that you can use on your eye lashes. It contains lupinusalbus seed extract, glycerin, colloidal silver, silica and pathenol. These are all great to help the growth of your eye lashes.
- Latisse works as an eyelash growth booster. It contains an ingredient called Bimatoprost which boosts eye lash growth.
The best and safest way to get great eye lashes is to eat healthy and go for natural treatments that will enhance the growth and keep them healthy. Try these out and let us know which was your choice of treatment.
Latest posts by swatimurti (see all)
- Is Your Hair Damaged? - September 13, 2012
- How To Exfoliate Your Skin? - August 12, 2012
- 8 Natural Remedies To Get Beautifully Long Eyelashes - July 17, 2012
- 4 Brilliant Home-made Hair Rinses That Work Wonders - June 1, 2012
- How To Get Rid Of Tan - May 14, 2012