Do you desire to have long and fluttering eyelashes?
Who doesn’t, right? To give our eyelashes that dramatic look, we either use mascara or fake eyelashes. But for how long ladies? Why don’t we venture into some natural ways and solutions to grow long eyelashes?
Read on to know how to get long and healthy lashes with simple home remedies.
Eyelashes Care Is As Equally Important As Hair Care
We care for our hair, so why not our eyelashes too? As routine hair care makes them healthier, taking care of our lashes will show positive results over the course of time. It is easy and you don’t even need to work so much as you do for hair. Whenever, you are trying to embark on a lash care routine, remember that the results will not be visible immediately. You can notice changes in the next cycle of eyelashes. So, you will have to wait patiently for two months before you see any difference in your eye lashes.
Let us take a look at how to make eyelashes longer and beautiful naturally.
How To Grow Eyelashes Long And Healthy?
1. Remove Eye Makeup At The End Of The Day
Makeup clogs the skin around the eyes which is very thin already and mascara is very heavy on the lashes. Removing it at night gives a rest to your lashes. Also, be very gentle when you are removing your eye makeup. If you are rough with your lashes, they can become sparse and may not grow back as healthy as they are right now. Your eyelashes take longer to grow back than your hair and you don’t want to damage what you currently have.
Given below are some home remedies for making your eyelashes longer.
2. Olive Oil
Apply olive oil to your lashes. This will help them grow longer and stronger.
3. A Mix of Olive And Castor Oil
Mix olive oil and castor oil together. Now, apply the resultant oil on your lashes. This will promote eyelash growth.
4. Petroleum Jelly
Pure petroleum jelly (or Vaseline) if applied to your lashes regularly at night helps your lashes grow faster making them thicker and stronger.
5. Green Tea
Add green tea leaves to warm water and then apply this water to your eyelashes. This promotes healthy lash growth and makes them longer, thicker, and stronger.
6. Lemon Peels Soaked In Olive Or Castor Oil
Soak lemon peels for a few days in olive oil or castor oil. Apply this to your lashes for healthy growth.
Apart from the home remedies, some other tips that can help you to grow your eyelashes can be included in your regular routine. Find them below.
7. Trim Your Eyelashes
This really helps! You can trim your lashes once every two to three months. Just trim a small part (1/4th). Trimming your lashes will stimulate the follicle of your eyelashes and makes them grow faster.
Caution: Do not attempt this without a specialist’s supervision.
You must have a balanced diet to support the growth of healthy eyelash hair from within the body. A few foods that are great to boost the health of your eyes and eyelashes are:
- Most fruits
- Green vegetables
The items listed above along with other sources of protein should be included in your diet. Also, keep in mind the tips given below.
- Make sure you never skip breakfast and include some amount of fat in your daily diet.
- Don’t starve yourself to become skinny! Eat healthy and practice regular exercise, whether at the gym or simple brisk walking.
Here are a few products that will help you to boost the growth of your eye lashes
- You can use Lashfood. It is known to be a natural conditioner for the eye lashes.
- Lilash is another product that you can use on your eye lashes. It contains lupinusalbus seed extract, glycerin, colloidal silver, silica and pathenol. These are all great to help the growth of your eye lashes.
- Latisse works as an eyelash growth booster. It contains an ingredient called Bimatoprost which boosts eye lash growth.
The best and safest way to get great eye lashes is to eat healthy and go for natural treatments that will enhance the growth and keep them healthy. Try these out and let us know which was your choice of treatment.
Latest posts by swatimurti (see all)
- Is Your Hair Damaged? - September 13, 2012
- How To Exfoliate Your Skin? - August 12, 2012
- 8 Natural Remedies To Get Beautifully Long Eyelashes - July 17, 2012
- 4 Brilliant Home-made Hair Rinses That Work Wonders - June 1, 2012
- 4 Simple Tips For Buying The Right Sunscreen - May 10, 2012