Bangs are the defining part of any hairstyle. Not only do they help make or break the hairstyle, but they also play a very important part when it comes to framing your face. Side-swept bangs are extremely versatile and suit most face shapes and hairstyles. This is because the length, thickness, and finish of the style can be adjusted to suit anyone. Here we’ve put together a list of 20 hairstyles with side-swept bangs that are sure to sweep you off your feet. But first, let’s look at how you can get the look.
How To Get Side-Swept Bangs
- Heavy Smoky Purple Side-Swept Bangs
- Long Side-Swept Bangs On A Lob
- Flicked Out Side-Swept Bangs On Rose Blonde Hair
- Long Side-Swept Bangs On A Sterling Bob
- Piecey Side-Swept Bangs On A Short Pixie Bob
- Pixie With Cropped Side-Swept Bangs
- Classic Side-Swept Bangs On Medium Length Hair
- Highlighted Side-Swept Bangs On A Lob
- Wispy Side-Swept Bangs On A Stacked Bob
- Scene Side-Swept Bangs
- Smooth Side-Swept Bangs On Straight Hair
- Heavy Layered And Highlighted Side-Swept Bangs
- Smooth Side-Swept Bangs On Long Hair
- Long Brunette Balayage With Side-Swept Bangs
- Emerald Hair With Side-Swept Bangs
- Voluminous Side-Swept Bangs On Long Hair
- Long Sweeping Side-Swept Bangs On A Balayage
- Blue Side-Swept Bangs
- Heavy Side-Swept Bangs On A Stacked And Angled Bob
- Side-Swept Bangs On Long Ginger Hair
You Will Need
- A Pair Of Professional Shears.
- Hair Tie/Clips
Comb your hair out to get rid of any knots or tangles and then comb it back to get rid of any parts. Ensure that you are working with dry hair.
Place your fingers over the arches of your eyebrows and section your hair by moving them up diagonally so that they meet in the middle.
Comb this triangle section of hair down and the rest of your hair back.
Even out the section so that it forms an even triangle and put the rest of your hair up using clips or a hair tie.
Holding down the section of hair in front of your face, determine how long you want your bangs to be.
If you want your bangs to sweep down onto the left side of your face, comb it flat against the right side. If you want your bangs to fall on the right, comb it flat against the left side of your face. This will help you get the right angle for your side swept bangs.
Hold your hair in between your index and middle finger, flat against the right side of your face (if you want the bangs to fall on the left.) Ensure that you are holding it about half an inch lower than where you want to cut it. You can always go back and cut it again if it is too long.
Start point-cutting (cutting your hair while holding the sharp side of your shears facing up.)
Cut your hair at an angle so that the right side is shorter than the left.
Comb your hair out and – voila! You have side swept bangs.
How To Style Your Side-Swept Bangs
You Will Need
- Styling Mousse
- Blow Dryer
- Round Brush
- Hair Straightener
- Work with hair that is about 70% dry.
- Section out your bangs and start blow-drying outwards placing your round brush on top of your bangs and your blow dryer under.
- Once your bangs are dry, take your hair straightener and straighten out the tips of the bangs.
- Set the style in place with hairspray.
20 Side-Swept Bangs Hairstyle Ideas
1. Heavy Smoky Purple Side-Swept Bangs
The purple hair trend is owning the alternative fashion scene. This look incorporates ashy undertones and heavy side-swept bangs that cover the entire forehead. If you have an oblong shaped face, this would be the perfect style to help frame and complement your face.
2. Long Side-Swept Bangs On A Lob
Lobs are classy, easy-to-maintain, and the perfect style that sits right in between long and short hair. This simple lob incorporates long side-swept bangs that sweep across the face, framing it well. The style is sure to look good on most face shapes.
3. Flicked Out Side-Swept Bangs On Rose Blonde Hair
The best thing about fine hair is that they carry off wispy styles like no other hair type. This style incorporates a lot of layers that help frame the face. The layers flick out, creating a feathered-out look that is sure to suit most women with long, wavy/straight, and fine hair.
4. Long Side-Swept Bangs On A Sterling Bob
Bobs are super versatile and can be tailor-made to suit a variety of hair types and face shapes. This sterling beauty is super simple and super chic. The medium-length bob incorporates long side swept bangs that are not much shorter than the rest of the hair. This style is made for women with straight hair and oval or heart-shaped faces.
5. Piecey Side-Swept Bangs On A Short Pixie Bob
We love our pixie styles and this one, in particular, has nailed the piecey pixie look. The hairstyle has a lot of layers and piecey side-swept bangs. It looks anime-inspired and is pulled together with shades of green and gray, a combination that we don’t come across very often.
6. Pixie With Cropped Side-Swept Bangs
We love the availability of variety when it comes to pixie styles. This short look incorporates cropped side-swept bangs that have been cut and styled to perfection. The look is super-edgy and perfectly complements soft features.
7. Classic Side-Swept Bangs On Medium Length Hair
If you have medium length hair and have been craving some not-so-extreme change, this style is for you. The bangs on this style are not too heavy or too thin. They perfectly complement the oblong face shape and the prominent forehead. The best thing about this style is that you can experiment with different lengths to find the perfect one for you.
8. Highlighted Side-Swept Bangs On A Lob
This sweeping lob has been highlighted to add dimension to the style. The lightened sections of the hair on either side are shorter than the rest of the hair, perfectly framing the face. Soft shoulder-grazing lobs with long sweeping bangs help add an illusion of length to oval, round, and square face shapes.
9. Wispy Side-Swept Bangs On A Stacked Bob
Stacked hairstyles have been trending, and for a good reason. The layers help add the perfect amount of volume to short hair. This stacked bob is voluminous and has been cut at an angle. The wispy side-swept bangs blend into the longer section of hair on the side, perfectly framing the face.
10. Scene Side-Swept Bangs
This classic alternative look is everything that our teenage dreams were made of. The side swept bangs begin from the framing sections of one side and blend into the layers on the other. The sharp, choppy style looks best on soft features and an oval or heart-shaped face.
11. Smooth Side-Swept Bangs On Straight Hair
We love how smooth this style is. The medium length hair does not incorporate layers, except for the long sweeping side-swept bangs that help frame the face. This style is made for women with oval or long face shapes with prominent foreheads. The bangs have been cut to perfection and blend into the long layers on the side of the face.
12. Heavy Layered And Highlighted Side-Swept Bangs
Here’s another short bob that has stolen our hearts. The style incorporates heavy layers at the top of the head and ends near the jaw. The balayage adds texture and dimension to the style. The chin-hugging length of the style with the volume on top makes this style perfect for women with round shaped faces.
13. Smooth Side-Swept Bangs On Long Hair
These smooth styles never fail to melt our hearts. The long hair with invisible layers has been perfectly styled and incorporates classic side-swept bangs that are sure to suit any face shape. If you have smooth and long hair, we have no idea what’s keeping you from getting this look.
14. Long Brunette Balayage With Side-Swept Bangs
To say we love balayage styles would be a major understatement. This long brunette balayage style has that perfect sun-kissed look that so many of us love and crave. The wispy side-swept bangs soften the look even more, making this style perfect for women with sharp features.
15. Emerald Hair With Side-Swept Bangs
The green hair trend must go on! We just cannot get enough of these mesmerizing looks. If you love alternative fashion, this style is a must try! The curls in this style help cut down on the length of the oblong face shape and the soft side-swept bangs perfectly balance out the sharp features.
16. Voluminous Side-Swept Bangs On Long Hair
Ooh! The volume on her hair! This adorable style has some heavy layering going on and we just can’t get enough of the look. The side-swept bangs have been cut out of a thick section of hair, adding more volume to the front of the face. If you have an oval or heart-shaped face, you must try this look.
17. Long Sweeping Side-Swept Bangs On A Balayage
We wish we could fill this list with just pictures of balayage styles. The bangs on this one are long and curl away from the face. This style is perfect for women who want bangs that they can pull away from their face. Because as great as bangs are, they can get annoying when they’re constantly getting in your eyes.
18. Blue Side-Swept Bangs
Bob styles for the win! This adorable alternatively styled bob is blue with heavy teal undertones. The style incorporates long side-swept bangs that emerge from a deep part and almost cover one half of the face. The bangs look wispy and flick out, creating a feathered-out effect.
19. Heavy Side-Swept Bangs On A Stacked And Angled Bob
We can never get over the volume that stacked styles add to your hair and the heavy side-swept bangs on this one just add more “oomph” to the style. The dramatic angle helps add dimension while also perfectly framing the face. If you have a round, oval, square, or heart-shaped face, this style is sure to look great on you!
20. Side-Swept Bangs On Long Ginger Hair
We loooooooove this look! The ginger hair has a natural ombre effect and the piecey beach curls are going straight through our hearts *heavy breathing.* The bangs are heavy but piecey, and the style has just the right amount of volume. If you have ginger hair, you need to try this look!
Adding some side-swept bangs to your locks is the perfect way to spruce up your hairstyle while framing your face. Which of these styles do you like best? What do you have in store for your hair? Tell us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Meenal Rajapet (see all)
- 20 Amazing Dark Ombre Hair Color Ideas - November 17, 2017
- 20 Gorgeous Light Brown Hair Color Ideas - November 15, 2017
- 20 Hairstyles With Side-Swept Bangs That Will Sweep You Off Your Feet - November 14, 2017
- 30 Best Stacked Hairstyle Ideas - November 8, 2017
- 20 Radiant Blonde Ombre Hair Color Ideas - November 6, 2017