Walk through any health store and you are sure to come across several cranberry flavored drinks and teas. Cranberry, in all its forms, has become popular amongst the health conscious populace. Packed with nutrients, the delicious cranberry tea can give your body a punch of health. The best thing about this cranberry herbal tea is that it can be blended with other teas and juices, raising the health quotient up a notch!
[ Read: Benefits Of Herbal Tea For Health ]
Drinking cranberry tea is safe and provides numerous health benefits. Filled with vitamins and anti-oxidants, cranberry tea sure is a delicious way to stay healthy!
Health Benefits Of Cranberry Tea:
Each cup of cranberry tea contains various minerals and vitamins like Vitamin C, K and E. All these nutrients are vital for good health. This small evergreen shrub is one of those treasures of nature that should be a part of your daily diet!
Some of the benefits of cranberry tea include:
- Drinking this tea helps to prevent the occurrence of sores and other oral diseases like gingivitis.
- This healthy tea can be taken to reduce weight. It helps to burn fat by flushing out toxins from the body. The weight loss is a result of the organic acids present in the cranberry tea. A blend of green tea and cranberry tea is good for health as they contain essential nutrients and support weight loss.
- This cleansing and useful detox tea is useful as it helps the liver, kidney, and lymph carry out their body functions properly.
- It can also be consumed to increase the metabolism rate of the body and 3 cups of this medicinal drink can be consumed by an adult to decrease any health problems.
- It is also helpful in treating cancer, especially stomach cancer and breast cancer.
- It works to reduce the cholesterol level in the body, preventing several cardiovascular diseases.
- Cranberry tea even provides good support to the liver to function properly.
- Women who suffer from painful periods can drink cranberry tea to get relief.
- One of the major benefits of cranberry tea is that it treats UTI. Cranberry tea works as a cleansing agent and flushes out the bacteria from the urinary tract, preventing and curing UTI in turn.
[ Read: Herbal Tea for Weight Loss ]
Recipe Of Cranberry Tea:
Now that you know how good cranberry tea can be for your health, you’ll need a good cranberry tea recipe to brew that perfect cup. The recipe to make this healthy tea is simple.
- 2 liters Water
- 8 Tea Bags
- 2 Cups Concentrate, Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 White sugar
Take a half-gallon container and fill half of it with water. Add two teaspoons of instant tea to it. Top it with sugar according to the taste. Place the lid on top of the container and mix. Now add cranberry juice to this mix and start drinking! But make sure that the juice you use is 100% cranberry juice and is not diluted. It is the acidic property of cranberry juice that helps in clearing UTI and if it is diluted, it just won’t work as well.
[ Read: Benefits of Herbal Slimming Tea ]
Side Effects Of Cranberry Tea:
Cranberry tea is consumed for various health benefits, but cranberry juice is known to have certain side effects too:
- Cranberry contains a high concentration of oxalate. Oxalate is responsible for kidney stones. That is why cranberry juice must be consumed in moderate amounts.
- Excessive amounts of this juice can not only cause kidney stones, but can also lead to weight gain. It can also cause stomach disturbances like diarrhea and gastrointestinal distress.
- People allergic to aspirin must not consume cranberry supplements either as it contains high amount of salicylic acid.
- Breast feeding and pregnant women must avoid drinking this juice as it is not considered safe for them.
Cranberry tea is a delicious brew that is not just refreshing but also full of health. So, next time you visit your neighborhood market, don’t forget to pick that pack of cranberry juice!
Do you like cranberry tea? What else do you infuse with it? Do share with us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Yaamini Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Best Aerobics Classes In Mumbai - December 22, 2014
- 10 Amazing Breathing Exercises To Treat Headache - October 28, 2014
- 32 Amazing Benefits Of Watercress (Jal Kumbhi) For Skin, Hair And Health - July 4, 2014
- 9 Effective Breathing Exercises For Clear And Healthy Lungs - July 2, 2014
- 9 Health Benefits and 4 Side Effects Of Cranberry Tea - June 16, 2014