Chamomile, also known as ‘Babune ka Phal’ in Hindi, is renowned for its medicinal properties and beauty benefits. It is basically a herb that originates from a blooming plant in the daisy gang. Native to Asia, Europe, Australia and North America, this beautiful flower blossoms during early summers.
Chamomile tea, a derivative this chamomile flower, is golden in color and has a delectable, fruity flavor. This scrumptious herbal remedy eases various heath-related concerns such as intestinal and stomach disorders, anxiety, insomnia, mouth ulcers, and much more.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of chamomile tea for skin, hair, and health.
Benefits Of Chamomile Tea
A. Skin Benefits
- Natural Cleanser
- Accelerates The Healing Process
- Natural Skin Bleach
- Soothes Skin Irritation
- Helps Fight Against Acne
- Protects Skin From Radical Damage
- Helps Reduce Puffiness Under Eyes
- Natural Face Scrub
- Skin Moisturizer
- Dark Circles
B. Hair Benefits
C. Health Benefits
- Calms Muscle Pain
- Menstrual Cramps
- Soothes Ulcer Pain
- Boosts Immunity
- Maintains Glucose Levels In Body
- Helps In Treating Hemorrhoids
- Soothes Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Prevents Allergy And Rashes
- Helps Get Rid Of Migraines
- Promotes Sleep
1. Natural Cleanser
Chamomile tea has amazing healing, antioxidant, cleansing, and moisturizing properties and is considered an effective remedy for skincare (1).
2. Accelerates The Healing Process
Infused with great healing properties, chamomile tea accelerates the healing process of minor wounds and also disinfects them (2) . It was initially used by the Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans as a healing salve for treating wounds.
3. Natural Skin Bleach
Chamomile tea is an excellent all-natural skin bleach. It helps to lighten your complexion and makes it radiant. It tightens the pores and mollifies the skin, which helps to blur the spots and inflammation scars (3).
4. Soothes Skin Irritation
Because of its mitigating and antioxidant properties, chamomile tea is found to be very effective in soothing skin irritation and eczema (4).
5. Helps Fight Against Acne
This magic potion is a powerhouse of antioxidants that helps you fight against acne and breakouts. It also works wonders in (5).
6. Protects Skin From Radical Damage
Free radical damage is one factor that is considered as the chief contributor to premature aging. Chamomile tea shields the skin from this and hence helps in retaining your youthful charm for long (6).
7. Helps Reduce Puffiness Under Eyes
8. Natural Facial Scrub
When blended with powdered milk, chamomile tea turns out to be a great body and facial scrub. It sloughs off the dead, dry skin cells, revealing the new underlying cells.
9. Skin Moisturizer
If consumed on a regular basis, chamomile tea nourishes and moisturizes your skin from deep within. You may also want to use chamomile in your homemade beauty recipes to draw its beauty benefits (8).
10. Dark Circles
Chamomile tea can be packed into small plastic packets or into compressors, or even made into ice cubes and used on tired eyes for treating dark circles or sunken eye problems. Keep the chamomile tea sacks over your eyes for five minutes and then wash off with cold water (9).
Chamomile tea has much to offer for haircare as well. Some of the best advantages of this herbal drink are as follows:
11. Enriches Hair Color And Radiance
A chamomile tea rinse brightens up blond hair instantly. If combined with henna, it creates natural highlights for dark hair. Using chamomile tea as a final hair rinse adds a stunning golden sheen to brown hair. You can also use the chamomile tea rinse regularly to lighten your hair over a period of time (10).
12. Prevents Dandruff
Chamomile is also found to be highly effective in preventing dandruff and soothing an itching scalp (11) .
13. Calms Muscle Spasms
Chamomile has strong antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, which are effective in treating stomach cramps and intestinal cramps. The tea also reduces bowel issues and provides relief from gas and bloating.
Drinking chamomile tea twice a day will treat problems like irritable bowel syndrome, gastroenteritis, nausea, cramps, and stomach flu (12).
14. Menstrual Cramps
Chamomile tea has been known as a relieving solution for the menstrual spasms as it relaxes the muscles of the uterus and gives relief from the cramps. It increases glycine levels, which helps to reduce muscle spasms (13).
15. Soothes Ulcer Pain
Chamomile tea, when taken on a regular basis, can soothe stomach ulcer pain (14). If you have gone through an operation following a stomach stone formation, then having chamomile tea can prevent the reformation of stones.
16. Boosts Immunity
Chamomile has antibacterial properties that help to prevent and treat cold and cough while protecting against bacteria-related infection and illnesses. It, therefore, increases the immunity of a person (15). Consuming the tea protects you against various microbes.
17. Maintains Glucose Levels In Body
Chamomile tea helps maintain blood glucose levels, and therefore it helps in controlling diabetes mellitus (16). You can consult your physician for the required dosage of chamomile tea.
18. Treats Hemorrhoids
Intake of chamomile tea soothes the nerves in the body. This also helps in treating hemorrhoids (17).
19. Treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Chamomile tea lessens the cramping in the stomach when you are suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It also reduces the gas formation and bloating in the digestive tracts. It also helps you to get rid of heartburn and soothes stomach disorders (18).
20. Allergy And Rashes
Chamomile tea is an awesome remedy for treating rashes and other skin allergies. Just dip a cotton ball into chilled chamomile tea and apply it over the areas prone to allergy. When consumed internally, the tea can sooth the entire system and help you get rid of allergic symptoms (19).
21. Gets Rid Of Migraines
Chamomile is a known herb in therapeutic use and has been found to be beneficial in treating migraines and headaches (20). A cup of hot chamomile tea can help you get instant relief from headache.
22. Promotes Sleep
Chamomile tea is an excellent remedy for insomnia or sleep disorders. The mild sedating properties will help you sleep faster and better (21).
Regular intake of chamomile tea can help you get good sleep and can give you relief from troubled sleep.
Chamomile Tea: Selection and Storage
- While buying chamomile tea from a grocery store or herbalist, always look for products that are formulated from whole flower heads. This will ensure that you reap most of its benefits.
- Preserve chamomile tea in an airtight jar and store in a dry place. Keep it away from direct sunlight.
Chamomile Tea: How To Make At Home
Chamomile tea can be prepared at home by following a few simple steps.
- Warm up your tea pot by pouring some boiling water into it and then add some apple slices, mashing it with a wooden spoon.
- Add some pre-washed chamomile flowers to the boiling water.
- Cover the pot and let the flowers steep for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the tea and add some lemon juice or honey to it for added taste.
Consuming a cup of the fragrant chamomile tea can be one of the best things you can do for yourself. Did you ever try drinking chamomile tea? What has been your experience? We’d love to hear from you. Share your views in the comments box below.
- 7 Top Benefits Of Lemon Ginger Tea For Skin, Hair And Health
- 14 Best Benefits Of Oolong Tea For Skin, Hair And Health
- 7 Ulitmate Benefits Of Peppermint Tea For Skin, Hair And Health
- 14 Amazing Benefits Of Cardamom Tea For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Barley Tea
Latest posts by Jyotsana rao (see all)
- Heatless Curls Overnight Tutorial - February 3, 2016
- 3 Best Hair Care Products You Need – Stylecraze Beauty - February 3, 2016
- Top 10 Immunity Boosting Products - January 21, 2016
- 5 Looks Deepika Rocked In Tamasha - January 21, 2016