Chamomile tea, a derivative of chamomile flower, has long been recognized for its medicinal and beauty benefits. Chamomile flower looks like a daisy with its beautiful white petals and yellow disc florets, and it has a strong aroma. Native to Asia, Europe, Australia and North America, this beautiful flower blossoms during early summers.
Chamomile tea is golden in colour and has a delectable, fruity flavour. This scrumptious herbal remedy provides solution to several heath related concerns such as intestinal & stomach disorders, anxiety, insomnia, mouth ulcers and so on. Furthermore, it has countless beauty benefits too.
Here in this post, you’ll find incredible beauty benefits of chamomile tea along with helpful tips about its selection, storage and usage. Enjoy the read.
Chamomile Tea: Skin Benefits
1. Chamomile tea is innately instilled with amazing healing, anti-oxidant, cleansing and moisturizing properties and is considered a full fledge skincare treatment (1).
2. Infused with great healing properties, chamomile tea accelerates the healing process of minor wounds and also disinfects the wounds (2).
3. Chamomile tea is an excellent all-natural skin bleach (3). It lightens your complexion and renders it a healthy glow naturally.
4. It is found to be very effective in soothing skin irritation and sunburns (4).
5. This magic potion is a powerhouse of antioxidants that help you fight acne and breakouts. It also works wonders to eliminate acne scars (5).
6. It protects your skin from free radical damage, a chief contributor to premature aging (6), hence help retaining your youthful charm for long.
7. Placing cooled down chamomile tea bags (7) under the eyes can help reducing under-eye dark circles and eye puffiness. It also soothes your tired eyes.
8. When blended with powdered milk, chamomile tea provides you a great body and facial scrub (8). It sloughs off the dead, dry skin cells revealing the underlying cells which are new.
9. If consumed on a regular basis, chamomile tea nourishes and moisturizes your skin from deep inside. You may also want to use chamomile in your homemade beauty recipes to draw its beauty benefits.
Chamomile Tea: Hair Benefits
Chamomile tea has much to offer for hair care as well. Some of the best advantages of this herbal drink are as follows:
10. A chamomile tea rinse brightens up the blonde hair instantly. If combined with henna, it makes natural highlights for dark hair as well (9).
11. It is a wonderful hair lightener. Using chamomile tea as final hair rinse adds a stunning bright-golden light to the brown hair. Use the treatment regularly to lighten your hair gradually (10).
12. Chamomile is also found to be highly effectual in preventing and eliminating dandruff. In addition, it also soothes irritated scalp (11).
Latest posts by Shaista (see all)
- 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle - October 1, 2013
- 10 Best Benefits Of Lemon Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - September 19, 2013
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Orange Juice - September 13, 2013
- Can Dandruff Cause Hair Loss? - August 14, 2013