Have you ever heard of one oil that can both be used as a sauce for your dishes and as a base to cook something delicious? Well, it is chili oil we are talking about.
This oil also comes with a host of benefits and uses. Would you like to know what they are? Read on!
1. Source Of Protein:
Every 100 grams of chili pepper contains one gram of protein. When you eat more protein, you automatically protect your body from loss of muscle mass, decreased immunity, poor respiratory system and even death (1). Protein also helps in carrying oxygen to the blood. It builds muscles, cartilage and regulates the nervous system.
2. Vitamin D Benefits:
Chili oil is full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It contains Vitamin D that protects you against Alzheimer’s disease, bone weakening, and cancer attacks. (2) Other rich sources of Vitamin D are milk, soy, fish, egg yolks, etc.
3. Vitamins A, E, And K:
Chili oil also contains Vitamins A, E, and K that provide your body with a large number of benefits. It helps in maintaining good bone health. They contain antioxidants that play a major role in tooth development, immune system, cell division and reproduction (3). Vitamin K helps in the reduction of blood clotting as well.
4. Iron Benefits:
Chili oil contains iron too. Eating iron filled foods prevents several illnesses such as glossitis (4). It also helps you feel relaxed. Iron is one of the major nutrients that prevent you from feeling tired and exhausted. In fact, iron deficiency leads to anemia, cough, and dialysis.
[ Read: Benefits Of Iron ]
5. Good For The Heart:
Another benefit of chili oil is its ability to take great care of the cardiovascular system. It contains beneficial compounds such as Capsanthin in small quantities, which raise the HDL cholesterol levels and keep your heart healthy.
6. Vitamin C Benefits:
Chili oil also contains Vitamin C, which protects you from strokes, coronary heart diseases and other cardiovascular diseases (5) . Vitamin C may also shorten the duration of a cold or the effect of a recent cold treatment. Other sources of Vitamin C are oranges, lemon, and grapefruit.
[ Read: Benefits of Vitamin C ]
How To Make Chili Oil At Home?
The procedure to prepare homemade chili oil is quite simple. Following is what you should do:
- The first thing you need to do is choose your base oil. Now this is entirely dependent on you. You can try peanut oil, almond oil or even sesame oil. Take the base oil and gently pour into the pan.
- Slice chili peppers according to length. Take out the seeds too.
- Fry chili peppers in oil next for 8 minutes. Then pour them directly into the oil.
- Let the oil cool.
- Cover the jar using a lid.
Noodles Using Sesame Chili Oil:
Sometimes food is not just about taste, but also about the wonderful fragrance it imparts. It also is about the medicinal and nutritional benefits that come along with it. Sauces that contain sesame paste are a great source of fatty acids and benefit your health immensely. Ground peanuts mostly found in China give you energy for the day and supply your body with essential nutrients. This recipe can be cooked using dried wheat noodles. Add some eggs, buckwheat and rice for extra taste.
- 300 grams of dried wheat noodles
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of grounded peanuts
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Onion Seed Oil ]
- 3 teaspoons of fresh sesame paste
- 165 ml of water
- 3 teaspoons of black soy sauce
- One teaspoon of sugar
- One teaspoon of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of red chili oil
- Half a teaspoon of Sichuan peppercorn powder
- In order to prepare the sauce, mix the sesame paste in a bowl at first and then pour water in it. Whisk slowly. Add some soy sauce, sugar and Sichuan peppercorn powder. Blend well using vinegar.
- Bring another pot of water and let it boil for a minute. Add the dried noodles and cook according to the directions given.
- Drain the noodles next, rinse in cold water, drain and place it in a large bowl. Add another spoon of sesame oil and continue mixing.
- Next, you have to add sauce to the noodles and sprinkle with ground nuts and chopped spring onions.
- Serve the dish at the table and distribute equally into the bowls.
Now that all about the chili oil benefits, what are you waiting for? Have you used chili oil before? Let us know your experiences by commenting in the box below.
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Nag Champa Essential Oil
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Amyris Essential Oil
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Panaway Essential Oil
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Endoflex Essential Oil
- 7 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Coffee Essential Oil
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015