Does your child detest broccoli? Of course, he or she has good reason to do so! Though loaded with vitamins and minerals, this is one vegetable that is not very palatable, unless cooked in the right way. In many countries, this veggie is still an exotic variety, expensive and not tried by many. Broccoli is an edible green plant from the cabbage family. The flowering head is used as the vegetable. It is one of the most nutritional vegetables around. It can also be made into appetizing and nutritious juices.
Popularity Of Juicing:
Today, juicing of fruits and vegetables has gained immense popularity. More and more people are taking to drinking juice as it helps to detoxify, energize, rejuvenate and alkalize the system. Juices contain all the antioxidants and nutrients of the vegetable. Broccoli is one such vegetable that can be juiced. The vegetable has a strong flavor, so it would be good to add other fruits or vegetables to make it more palatable.
How To Juice A Broccoli?
Broccoli juice makes for a healthy beverage. It is easy to extract the juice from a broccoli:
- First place the broccoli in a strainer.
- Wash the broccoli carefully under running water.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces to fit your juicer’s intake chute.
- Ensure that you have prepared your juicer for juicing. Line the pulp catcher with a plastic bag. This bag helps to save on clean-up time. Ensure that you place a clean container underneath the juice spout to collect your juice.
- Turn the juicer on. Add the broccoli pieces to the tube of your juicer and use the plunger to help push the broccoli down the tube.
- You can collect the fresh juice in a counter placed under the spout. This juice is obtained from raw broccoli.
Broccoli Juice Recipes:
It requires a strong stomach to have this juice in its raw form. Not everyone can drink the juice in its strong, concentrated form. You can add pineapple, apple, or even some citrus juice to dilute the strong flavor. Here are some simple juice recipes with broccoli. These are great for your well-being.
[ Read: Healthy Vegetable Juices For Weight Loss ]
1. Broccoli Energizer:
If you are on a juice diet, you can make a combination of the head of broccoli, two oranges, one cucumber, and one carrot. This juice will energize you.
2. Broc Celery:
If you want to cleanse your system, you can take Broc Celery juice. This has the head of a broccoli, the head of celery, one apple, and four carrots. This juice has a sweet and simple taste.
3. Broc Synergy:
Broc synergy is another juice that helps to detoxify and cleanse your system. Here you have to juice broccoli, carrot, apple, fennel, and ginger. This juice is not high in broccoli flavor. It contains all the nutrients and minerals required to rejuvenate your body.
4. Lucky Leprechaun Juice:
Juice half a head of broccoli, four to five carrots, one tomato, a handful of fresh parsley, a piece of root ginger and one lime. This fresh juice has a tasty and tangy flavor.
5. Cinco De Mayo Jugo:
This juice is meant to boost your metabolism. Juice ten medium carrots, twelve strawberries, head of a broccoli, two tomatoes, and two limes. You can add a dash of cayenne pepper to enhance the taste.
[ Read: Benefits Of Amla Juice For Health ]
Benefits Of Broccoli:
- Broccoli is a rich source of Vitamin C. The vegetable is abundant in all kinds of minerals and vitamins. That is why it is regarded as a cancer preventive vegetable.
- It has isothiocyanates, indoles and dithiolethiones- the three phytochemicals that help prevent cancer.
- Broccoli also has calcium, iron, potassium selenium, phosphorus, and sulphur. Broccoli also has a significant amount of beta-carotene and folic acid.
- The essential amino acids, valine, lysine, leucine, and arginine are present in broccoli. It is also a good source of dietary fiber and protein.
- Broccoli helps fight Vitamin D deficiency. It also has cholesterol-lowering abilities.
You can consume broccoli steamed, blanched and cooked.
[ Read: Best Vegetable Juice for Glowing Skin ]
No matter in which form you would like to eat it, adding broccoli to your daily diet helps to keep many diseases at bay.
Do not shy away from the green color, not-so-pleasing odor and flavor of this wonder vegetable. These variations are sure to taste wonderful while giving your body its daily dosage of vitamins and minerals. Try these juices at home today.
- 10 Yummy Anti-Inflammatory Juice Recipes And Their Benefits For Your Health
- 10 Delicious Asparagus Juice Recipes For Better Health
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Lauki Juice For Health And Beauty
- 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Rhubarb Juice
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015