Ever imagined that you are searching store after store but no sunscreen is suiting your skin? One is too oily and the other too thick in composition.
Now you can try out these simple home made recipes to make sunscreens at your home’s comfort.
How To Make Homemade Sunscreen
1. Peppermint Sunscreen Lotion:
- 4 ounce of distilled water
- 12 drops of pure lavender oil
- 4-6 drops of pure spearmint oil
- 4-6 drops of pure peppermint oil
Mix all the mixtures in a blender till frothy and store in an air tight bottle in the refrigerator.Shlef life of 2-4 months.
2. Aloe Vera Sunscreen Lotion
- 10 ounces of any fragrant body lotion of your choice
- 4-5 drops of clove oil (u can get it from any chemist shop)
- 7-8 drops of peppermint oil (brands like aroma magic has their own peppermint oil)
- 10-15 teaspoons of bottled aloe vera gel (many herbal brands sell their own bottled aloe vera gel)
In a pan, take all the ingredients and heat them on indirect heat for about 5 mins , then blend them till frothy and store in an air tight container. Keep in the refrigerator and use when needed. This homemade natural sunscreen has a shelf life 1-2 months when kept in the refrigerator.
3. Avocado, jojoba and coconut oil sunscreen
- 3 tbsp pure avocado oil
- 1tbsp pure almond oil
- 1tbsp jojoba oil
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil
- 1tbsp shea butter
- 2tbsp cocoa butter
- 1tbsp beeswax
- 1tbsp soya-lecithin
- 2tbsp bottled aloe vera gel
- ½ tbsp borax powder (you can get it from the chemist)
First grate 1tbsp beeswax and melt it with shea butter and cocoa butter on indirect heat and whisk it slowly and gently till they are completely melted and mix properly. Add all the remaining oils to it and soya-lecithin. Mix well and remove from heat. Mix the rose water, aloe vera gel and borax powder. Blend in a blender or with a hand blender and store in an air tight clean dry bottle. Refrigerate and use as needed. Shelf life 1 month maximum.
4. Homemade Sunscreen Lotion made with Zinc oxide
First grate 1tbsp beeswax and melt it with 3tbsp shea butter on indirect heat and whisk it slowly and gently till the beeswax and shea butter is completely melted and mix properly. Add 6 drops of avocado oil or pure almond oil to this mixture, 1tbsp aloe vera gel ,and with a spoon add 2tbsp of zinc oxide,1tbsp of soya lecithin You should not touch zinc oxide with bare hands, it’s better if u do the whole process wearing gloves. After all is more or less mixed, remove from heat. Now in a food processor or blender blend this mixture till frothy and smooth. To this add 10-12 drops of vitamin E oil and blend again. Store in a clean dry bottle.
Tips-You can combine any two types of essential oils like jojoba , lavender, chamomile, peppermint,spear mint in equal ratios of 1:1 and blend them with rose water till smooth to make instant sunscreen.
Eg: 2 teaspoon of each any two oils to half a cup of rose water.
- Always touch zinc oxide with gloves in hand.
- Do not use titanium dioxide because it is more harmful and reactive than zinc oxide and also harmful if inhaled.
- Do not use the sunscreens which u feel is reacting adversely with your skin.
- It’s very important to wash the blender very well before using it for cooking after using it to make sunscreen especially if you are using borax powder and zinc oxide.
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Top Five Gooey Facials You Need To Try Rightaway - February 27, 2017
- Want A Flat Stomach In 7 Days? Just Drink This Twice A Day - February 21, 2017
- I Bet You Didn’t Know About This Weight Loss Hack - February 14, 2017
- Forget Everything Else, Just Doing This One Exercise Can Keep You Fit - February 10, 2017
- How To Enhance Your Beauty While Cooking - January 17, 2017