Honey is the mother of all naturalingredients! Chock full of ayurvedicbenefits, add honey to your beauty regime for fantastic results.
Ask anyone with exceptionally troublesome oily skin.They will clue you in on the benefits of honey. Hey, I have seen people actually travelling with their honey bottles. Honey is not only healthy for your body but it also contributes towards ensuring good health for the skin. It works exceptionally well with oily skin that is highly prone to breaking out and developing infections.
It is the perfect saviour for this type of skin because:
- It has properties that helps absorb excess moisture from the skin and reduce the chance of any kind of skin infection.
- It has humectant properties that help to moisturize the skin without making it too oily.
- Honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help get rid of pimples and acne. It also prevents them from coming back.
- With a high level of nutrients, it keeps the skin healthy and prevents ageing.
Honey sure packs a punch.
Different Ways To Use Honey:
1. As a Cleanser:
Use it as cleanser by rubbing some honey on your wet face so that pores open up and the layer of dirt is washed away.
2. As a Scrub:
Here are two methods you can try.
- Mix 1 tbsp. honey with 2 tbsp. of finely ground almond and ½-teaspoon lemon juice.
- Use this scrub gently and wash with lukewarm water.
- Take 3 tbsp. of honey and mix with ½ tsp. sea salt or sugar.
- Massage your face and wash it with lukewarm water.
3. As a face pack for Moisturization and Controlling Acne:
- Mix 1 tbsp. honey with 1 tbsp. milk, 1 tbsp. turmeric powder and half a tbsp. of lemon.
- Apply it to your face, let it dry for 25- 30 minutes, and wash it with cold water.
Honey and milk moisturises the skin. Lemon and turmeric help in controlling acne and preventing them from coming back.
4. For Skin Rejuvenation:
- Mix 1 tbsp. honey with 1 tbsp. egg white and half a tsp. lemon juice.
- Leave this pack for 10 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
5. For Skin Brightening:
- Take 1 tbsp. of chocolate powder; 2 tbsp. milk , mix it with 2 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of lemon.
- Let the pack dry completely and then slowly massage it with warm water and find an instant glow on your face.
6. For A Face Pack and Natural Bleach:
- Take 2 tbsp. tomato juice (you can also use tomato pulp) and add 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Leave the pack on your face for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.7. For refreshed looking skin:
- Mix 1 tbsp. of fuller’s earth with 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
- Let it dry and rinse your face with cold water.
So, grab some honey and give your oily skin the care it deserves. A few tips to start you off on your journey
- Oily skin is always prone to breakouts so do a patch test
- Opt for organic honey rather than the processed honey
- To get the maximum benefits of your face pack opt for a dual wash routine
- First wash your face with lukewarm water to open the skin pores.
- Follow it up by washing your face with cold water to close the skin pores. Now dust cannot enter your pores.This will reduce oil and dirt buildup .Voila, lesser breakouts.
- After applying a face mask do not use soap on your face.
What is your take on this ingredient? Do shoot us a comment and tell us.
Latest posts by Aparajita Chattopadhyay (see all)
- Top 10 Amazing Benefits Of Strawberry Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - November 8, 2013
- Top 10 Benefits Of Pineapple Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - October 12, 2013
- 10 Best Benefits Of Grape Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - September 19, 2013
- 10 Best Benefits Of Tomato Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - August 14, 2013
- What Are The Effects Of Nutrient Deficiencies On Nails And How To Rectify Them? - July 1, 2013