Are you struggling to lose weight but are unable to? Are the future risks of obesity frightening you? Then it’s high time you did something about it, because neglecting the issue now can only be extremely fatal in the coming years. If working out or diets don’t really seem to work, then you can include one more habit in your life; and that is, using black pepper in your diet.
If you want to start losing weight right away, then you should know about this miracle ingredient And for that, you should read this post!
[ Read: Herbs And Spices To Help You Lose Weight ]
Black Pepper In Culinary Preparations:
Black pepper is basically a hot and pungent ingredient having a lot of health benefits. It is extensively used in a lot of Ayurvedic treatments and medicines.
Black pepper has got an active compound which is known as piperine. Piperine gives the basic taste to black pepper. It also has potassium, iron, manganese, magnesium, zinc, vitamins C & A, chromium & other vital nutrients.
People generally add black pepper to add some taste after the food is cooked. It is added after the cooking is done because if it is added during cooking, the volatile oils evaporate and thus reduce the flavour.
Freshly grounded black pepper has the most intense flavour. Peppercorns taste well in soup, marinades, stews and a number of sauces that are cooked very slowly.
Weight Loss – A Problem That Every Second Individual Is Fighting Today:
Weight loss is something that each one of us needs to practice at least once in our lifetime. But the process is not easy.
As discussed above, black pepper is a wonderful ingredient to get rid of unwanted fat. Let’s discuss how black pepper benefits weight loss.
[ Read: Does Ayurveda Help In Weight Loss ]
Black Pepper For Weight Loss:
Is black pepper good for weight loss? Black pepper is known to stimulate appetite. But at the same time, it is also helpful in reducing weight. The outermost layer of the peppercorns has phytonutrients that enhance the breakdown of fat-cells.
A recent study on the effects of peppercorns on the metabolism of mice has revealed that it reduces the accumulation of fat in the body.
As it improves metabolism, this fat-free food also helps in burning calories.
The Benefits Of Piperine:
A recent study has revealed that piperine helps in reducing the levels of fat in the blood stream. It has some other beneficial health rewards too.
- It has got a lot of antioxidant properties.
- Black pepper has been used since time immemorial in medicines for combating gastrointestinal problems, inflammation and other such problems. It has been found that piperine interferes with the functioning of the genes that basically form fats.
- Athletes, like body builders, very often have to manage with bland foods in their pre-contest diet. By adding a little bit of black pepper they get a lot of benefits other than just a delicious taste. Body builders aren’t the only ones who benefit from black pepper. For that matter, any athlete can benefit from black pepper as it enhances metabolism. Loss of fat always helps in improving quickness and endurance.
- Black pepper also has Vitamin C. This vitamin helps in curbing free radicals in the body, as it is a potent antioxidant. It also helps in reducing the fat accumulated in the belly region.
- It is a natural anti-depressant which stimulates the nervous system. Thus, it is helpful for the memory also.
[ Read: Zubaida Tariq Tips For Weight Loss ]
What Does Black Pepper Do?
We have already discussed how black pepper helps in reducing fat. Now we will see how it actually does it.
- Black pepper restricts the formation of fresh fat cells. In a recent study, researchers have found that piperine present in black pepper suppresses the accumulation of fat.
- Black pepper is a good thermogenic ingredient that helps the body in burning more calories.
- Some studies have shown that having spicy food helps in boosting the metabolism of the body.
- Black pepper gives an advantage to the body and makes it eligible for drawing and digesting nutrients from the foods, as piperine enhances the bio-availability of food & nutrients.
The next time you add some black pepper to your kichdi or any chicken preparation, do so generously. After all, now you know the many benefits that this aromatic spice has in store for you! Have you ever used black pepper for weight loss? How has it helped you? Share with us in the comments section!
- Does Chia Seed Help You Lose Weight?
- Does Castor Oil Help You Lose Weight?
- Can Cottage Cheese Help You Lose Weight?
- Jaggery: How Does It Help You To Lose Weight?
- Does Drinking Cold Water Help You Lose Weight?
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015