Losing accumulated fat is not an easy task, but it is not impossible either. Along with a healthy diet and well-planned exercise regimen, you can definitely get into shape. And Cayenne pepper can be of great help in your weight loss routine. This member of the pepper family peps up your metabolic rate, and the higher the metabolic rate, the more fat you burn.
How Does Cayenne Pepper Weight Loss Work?
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, a thermogenic chemical. The word thermogenic means generating heat. Including the pepper in your diet increases your body temperature, thereby triggering a better metabolism level. This ingredient is also known to suppress your appetite levels, helping you stay away from bingeing. Along with helping you lose weight, capsaicin is also known to be beneficial for a better digestive system.
Detoxification is quintessential when it comes to weight loss. Cayenne pepper when consumed along with lemon juice acts as a natural detoxifying agent. Thus, it helps in getting rid of the toxins accumulated in your body. Lower toxin levels lead to a better metabolism rate. This, in turn, helps in shedding the flab in a better way.
How To Use Cayenne Pepper For Weight Loss?
There are various ways you can consume this herb to reap its benefits.
- You can have it as capsules
- You can use it in the powdered form in your salads or other foods.
- Add a dash of the powder to your favorite recipes to give them a spicy boost
- Sprinkle about ½ a teaspoon on your favorite salads as seasoning.
- You can add it to the soups and stews as well.
How much cayenne pepper should I consume every day to lose weight?
- If you are taking it in the form of capsules, you can take 1 to 3 capsules a day along with lukewarm water.
- If you are using it in the form of a spice powder, make sure to use a minimum of 1 teaspoon a day, with the maximum quantity restricted to 1 tablespoon.
The Cayenne Pepper Diet:
The Cayenne pepper diet is a very popular weight loss diet. It is quite similar to juice fasting that aims at cleansing the digestive tract by eliminating the toxins and impurities. Thus, it helps in burning the excess fat stored in various parts of the body, leading to a cleansed body. Weight loss is just a by-product of this master cleansing.
Duration: 10 to 40 days
What to consume: Cayenne Pepper Lemonade prepared with freshly squeezed lemon juice, purified water, maple syrup, preferably Grade B, and Cayenne pepper.
- Start your day with salt water to flush out the toxins.
- Drink laxative tea in the evening to boost up the master cleanse diet results.
How to end the diet:
End the diet in the prescribed way for ideal results.
- Bring your cleansing diet to an end by consuming fresh citrus juices for about 36 hours.
- Once your body gets accustomed to the juices start consuming raw vegetables and fruits.
- Gradually, move on to vegetable soups and cooked veggies over a period of 3 to 5 days. This marks the end of the diet.
Precautions of Using Cayenne Pepper for Losing Weight:
While cayenne pepper is beneficial in many ways, including weight loss, better sex life, and a stronger digestive system, there are certain side effects of using it. It is very strong and hence can even burn the body. People suffering from gastric problems should avoid this herb. If you are allergic to bananas and kiwis, then this herb is not for you as there are chances for you to develop allergies.
Even though this herb has been widely used in the treatment of various digestive disorders, pregnant and lactating women should stay away from it as excessive heat can trigger ulcers and gastritis. People who are on medications such as aspirin, antacids, and blood thinners are also advised not to use this herb as it is contraindicated.
Cayenne Pepper and weight loss has an close bond that cannot be ignored. But remember that cayenne pepper is just a supplement that can be befriended in your weight loss journey. This herb alone will never render any results. Hence, use it along with a proper, nutritious diet and a planned fitness routine for the best results.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Nithya Shrikant (see all)
- 10 Rainy Season Foods You Can Include In Your Diet - September 8, 2014
- Top 5 Mouthwatering Chocolate Recipes For Kids - September 5, 2014
- 7 Step Basic Chest And Back Workout Routine - September 3, 2014
- Everything You Need To Know About The Science of Meditation - September 2, 2014