Most of us often wonder what can be done to grow a few inches taller. However when you look for advice there is plenty available. Some ask you to drink milk, some may vote for cycling and others will tell you about exercises like hanging increase height. While we all wish and hope to be as tall as we can, it is not really possible to indulge in more than one physical activity. While this is true, you’ll be surprised to know that one of the most effective ways to gain height faster is through hanging exercises.
Does Hanging Increase Height?
For a major part of the day, most of us are in an upright position. Experts say that one of the main hindrances to growing taller is gravity. Gravity affects our spine and joints and actually compresses it. It squeezes the cartilage and contracts the muscles. This is what makes us appear shorter. So what can be done to defy gravity? The answer is to hang! Hanging can help fight the effects of gravity on our body, and thus promote growth!
[ Read: Height Increasing Tips For Teenagers ]
How Does Hanging Help?
Hanging is a very simple exercise and at the same time it is strenuous also. When you hang by holding bars, you are actually stretching your entire body. Your feet are away from the ground. Your lower body is stretched completely and the spine is also elongated while doing this exercise. Try this small experiment. Ask someone to measure your height when you are standing on the ground. Ask them to do the same while hanging. You will find a noticeable difference in height when you compare the two.
[ Read: Height Growth Exercise Videos ]
Here Are Some Key Factors To Consider While Hanging:
- Hanging is completely an antigravity exercise.
- When you hang each and every muscle and bone is stretched in your body.
- Blood circulates more efficiently to the stretched parts of the body.
- Oxygen is also well circulated from head to toe.
- The body stretches naturally because of improved blood and oxygen circulation in the body.
How To Do Hanging Exercises to Increase Height?
- Firstly you need a good set of horizontal bars. These are found in gymnasiums and even many public parks.
- However make sure that the horizontal bars are located high enough to support the entire length of your body.
- When you hang from these bars, your feet should be at least 1 foot away from the ground.
- In case your body does not extend fully then bend your knees slightly.
- Your body should hang freely from the bars.
- While holding the bars, your palms should face away from you.
- Imagine if you’re doing push-ups, you will hold the bars with your palms facing in the opposite direction. Similarly, even while hanging try and use the same posture.
- Make sure you are holding the bars tight enough.
- Start relaxing your body and let it loose.
- This gives room for the body to grow a few inches.
- When you’re hanging with your feet above the ground, gravity is acting on your body and trying to pull it downwards. This is what is stretching your body.
How Much Time Should One Spend Hanging from a Bar to Increase Height?
This depends on your personal stamina. Hanging is a strenuous exercise. Those who are practiced at this can hang continuously for about 30 seconds at one go. However if you spend 3 to 4 minutes every day hanging it is more than enough. Too much of it can strain the muscles and ligaments.
So these were the facts about how hanging increases height. We recommend you begin slowly, with proper intervals between various sessions and give your muscles ample rest in between. Take up the amount of time gradually and increase the frequency as your body adjusts. All the best and do let us know how it helped you.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015