Are you suffering from rosacea? Are you tired of trying different medications for treating the condition? Then tea tree oil is something you can look up to.
Would you like to know more? Keep reading!
Rosacea – An Overview
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by facial redness, papules and swelling. This ailment remains one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed conditions at present (1). Moreover, there does not seem to be much research going on to find out the real cause and a perfect solution for this condition, the reason being that it is not a life-threatening disease.
However, many health experts believe that rosacea is an indication of a life-threatening condition that a person might be suffering internally. The condition ultimately is expected to come out in the very near future. Thus, rosacea should be looked upon as a strong warning.
Possible Health Problems A Person Suffering From Rosacea Might Have
Skin is the largest organ in the body, and it always reveals what is going on internally within the system of your body. If your skin looks healthy and supple, it means that the internal functioning is working well. At the same time, if your skin is infected or diseased, then, it is an indication that something indeed is not right internally. According to health experts, rosacea reveals the true state of your body. Here are some of the possibilities:
- Rosacea indicates poor immunity, and hence, people suffering from this skin condition usually are the first to get affected by the flu or cold virus.
- Rosacea patients have food sensitivities to a number of food types and suffer from low levels of energy (2).
- You can also suffer from other life-threatening conditions such as elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- Rosacea sufferers find it difficult to shed extra pounds and are usually obese.
Bluntly put, if you are suffering from rosacea and are presently looking healthy, you stand a good chance of getting one of these health problems in the coming days.
Combination Of Internal And External Treatment
Internal medications and topical creams and lotions are not always effective in controlling the rosacea symptoms. That is why you have to combine the drug treatment with herbal therapy so that you eventually get relief from this irritating health problem. The right combination includes less use of medicines and more use of herbal therapy.
Tea Tree Oil For Rosacea Treatment
Is tea tree oil good for rosacea? Tea tree oil is known for both its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and kills germs that are resistant to regularly prescribed antibiotics like vancomycin and methicillin (3). The oil is loaded with 100 components, including alcohols such as sesquiterpenes, monoterpenes and others, such as terpinen-4-ol, which cause antimicrobial activities.
Tea tree oil works ruthlessly against mites and is available in pads, shampoos, soaps and ointments (4). Doctors recommend using tea tree oil wipes on the face after using them on the lids. The results are quite good, and you can see a reduction in the redness on the cheeks.
If you are using tea tree oil directly on the affected area, use a cotton swab to apply a few drops of this oil. The oil also causes allergies, and hence should be used in a diluted form if the application causes irritation.
Tips For Better Results
- You must use tea tree oil primarily as a topical treatment for rosacea. Oral intake can increase the risk of systemic absorption leading to potential side effects.
- Keep your skin well hydrated and healthy by drinking lots of water.
- Certain triggers such as chocolate, alcohol, face scrubs, exercise, cold weather, showers, saunas, hot baths, fragrances, conventional makeup, hot beverages, sun exposure, spicy foods and topical corticosteroids should be avoided.
Now, there is no need to rush to the doctor for rosacea treatment, Simply bring home a bottle of tea tree oil. Not only is it natural, but it is also safe to use for kids and adults alike. Have you ever used tea tree oil for rosacea? Do share your experience with us by commenting below.
- How To Deal With Flushing & Redness From Rosacea
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Rosacea
- 10 Best Skin Care Tips For Rosacea
- How To Choose The Right Face Wash For Rosacea?
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015
- How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Treat Ringworms? - August 11, 2015