Rose water has been used since ages to subdue acne eruption and heal the acne wounds. Acne can erupt due to many reasons but one of the main reasons is when the sebaceous glands of the skin produce more than necessary sebum. The excess sebum that is produced gets trapped in the skin ultimately leading to acne eruption. Rose water can be highly beneficial under such acne causing scenarios. Not only does rose water helps in the clearing of acne, it also helps in the fading of acne scars that have been left behind after acne bursts. Rose water is one of the most gentle remedies for acne cure while still being very effective.
Benefits of Rose water:
- Rose water is antiseptic and has antimicrobial properties. It helps in the treatment of acne and in addition to that rose water also helps in the fading of acne scars.
- Since rose water is one of the gentle treatments for acne all sorts of skin types including the sensitive one’s can use rose water for acne treatment with ease. It does not causes reddening or burning of the skin like some chemical agents do.
- In addition to acne cure, rose water has many other skin benefits. Rose water in creams helps to maintain the optimum pH balance of the skin, rose water as a toner tightens the pores and helps reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Home-made recipes for rosewater face pack:
There are many ways to employ rose water for the treatment of acne and some of these include using rose water as face packs and face washes or simply as a facial spray. Some of the options for rose water face pack are listed below:
- Rose water and Sandalwood Paste
This combination helps in both subduing acne eruption and the fading of acne scars. To make this face pack, take sandalwood powder and rose water in a 2:1 proportion. In a bowl take 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder and mix with 1 tbsp of rose water. Make a thick paste with the two and apply on the face until it dries and then wash off.
- Rose water and Lemon juice
- Rose water, Cucumber and honey face pack
If you are allergic to citric acid or have a sensitive skin, you could also use this face pack which is a combination of cucumber paste with honey and rose water. To make this face pack, take 2 inches of fresh cucumber and crush it with 2 tbsp honey in a blender. Make a smooth paste out of these two. Now to this paste add Rose water and mix all the three ingredients well. The facepack is now ready to apply on the face. Both Honey and rose water in this face pack have anti-bacterial properties and the cucumber in the face pack provide a cool soothing feeling for the skin.
Rose water availability:
Rose water is widely available in many general and convenience stores. There are many commercial options for rose water like Dabur gulabari rose water, FabIndia rose water etc. You could also make rose water by adding few drops of essential rose oil in water.
If you have been suffering from a lot of skin problems and acne issues, do not stress over it. Try incorporating rose water into your daily routine like using rose water based creams and face washes, rose water toner, rose water cleansers, the above mentioned rose water face packs to cure acne and fade those acne scars.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)