Now that most of you know that there are different types of toners, this time I’m going to tell you how to choose and use skin toner for yourself. Now, let’s know to choose toner for skin depending on the skin type.
Knowing what kind of skin you have, i.e. oily, dry, normal, sensitive or combination is the first step. There are many types of toners available for all these skin types. All you have to do is go to your local beauty store and check. Do not let SAs tell you what is best for your skin, take it with a pinch of salt and make your own decisions according to your skin’s needs.
Choosing Toner According To Your Skin Type
For dry skin:
Dry skin already feels taut and tight after washing. Get a hydrating or a moisturizing toner for your skin. Make sure there is no alcohol content in it. Find ones with nourishing oils and moisturizers.
For oily skin:
Oily and pimple prone skin should try refreshing toners which have no moisturizers. Instead opt for ones with AHAs and salcyclic acid to keep blemishes at bay.
For normal and combination skin:
Pick toners according to the weather. For hot sweltering summers go for refreshing toners. In harsh winters go for moisturizing ones.
Never get alcohol based toner for sensitive skin. Witch hazel extract is a good ingredient to have instead. It tightens skin, is anti-bacterial and good for delicate skin.
[ Read: Best Toners For Oily Skin ]
- You need not buy expensive toners, there are many on the market that are wallet friendly and work well!
- Try to avoid alcohol as much as you can.
- Keeping toner in the fridge makes for a refreshing treat for your skin in the morning.
- If you have dull skin, try caffeine as an ingredient, it wakes up the skin.
- If you have acne prone skin, choose toner containing salicylic acid as it prevents acne breakouts.
- Although you can use tissues too, cotton pads and balls work best with toner.
Why to Choose Toner for Skin? – What Skin Toner Does?
Skin toner offers varied benefits for the skin. The toner refers to various beauty aids like traditional toners, fresheners and astringents.
- Traditional toners include oils, moisturizers and extracts which soothe and smoothen the skin.
- Fresheners tighten the skin and include ingredients like green tea and caffeine.
- Astringents contain alcohol, that therefore tighten the skin pores removing excess oils.
All these beauty aids fall under toners, it is only that you need to be well knowledgeable of what kind of toner to use for your skin type. In order to choose toner for your skin type, learn how to choose the aptly from the above mentioned. To get good results for your skin, you should know how to use it properly.
These few tips should provide you with enough information to buy the perfect toner for your skin, so what you waiting for after reading the use of skin toner? Beautiful skin is waiting. Choose toner for your skin type now.
Latest posts by nisha1 (see all)
- How To Choose The Right Hair Color For Indian Skin Tones? - October 6, 2012
- How to Choose Toner for Your Skin Type - September 13, 2012
- Everything you should know about Toning - September 6, 2012
- Hair Care Hybrids: Shampoo And Conditioner In One? - July 22, 2012
- 5 Things That Damage Your Skin - June 26, 2012