Longing to get curvy buttocks like Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé, Nikki Minaj, and Sofia Vergara? It takes a great deal of hard work and perseverance to get the right curves in the right places. The right exercise routines, right eating habits, and the right lifestyle can greatly enhance the size and shape of your butt. Want to know how? Read on.
It is important to understand that to get bigger buttocks, you have to work on both your hip muscles and hip fat. There are three types of hip muscles: gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus. The more you work these muscles out, the more you will build these muscles up, giving your buttocks a toned look. For bigger, rounder, and firmer buttocks, make sure to take care of the fat layer above the muscles as well. Depending on the current amount of fat around your buttocks, you will either have to shed or gain fat.
So, let’s see how you can get curvylicious buttocks the natural way.
The Ultimate Guide To Get A Bigger Butt
Working out the three muscles in your butt will build and strengthen them and make your butt bigger.
a. Glute Bridges
This is a good exercise to warm up your buttock muscles. This might seem a little challenging initially, but by the second day, you will start doing it more comfortably.
- Lie on your back with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place the weights on your pelvic area.
- Lift up your pelvis off the floor and then lower it back to the mat.
- Repeat this 10-20 times.
b. Single Leg Bridges
This is another warm-up exercise that will help tone your hip muscles. If you sit a lot during the day, this exercise is perfect for you.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet touching the floor.
- Keep one foot flat on the ground and raise the other one straight up in the air.
- Place your weight on the heel of the foot on the ground and exhale while you lift your glutes up.
- Flex your glutes while inhaling when you reach the top position. Then, assume the initial position.
c. Kneeling Kickback
The kneeling kickback exercise works on the gluteus maximus, the largest muscle in your butt.
- Kneel on the floor and assume the push-up position with your knees parallel to your pelvis.
- Let your knees and palms support your body weight.
- Now, bring your right knee to your chest and then kick back, as high as you can.
- Repeat this with your left leg.
- Do the set for 10 times.
d. The Lunge
This is one of the best exercises to tone your buttocks. Try to incorporate some weights when you do this exercise.
- Stand straight with your feet about 3 centimeters apart.
- Step forward with your right leg and bend your left leg to come to a “proposing” position.
- Do this with the left leg.
- Repeat the set for 10 times.
e. Side Lunge
This exercise will help you tone the muscles of the buttock and the inner thighs.
- Stand erect, place your legs apart, and let your feet point out.
- Look straight and bend your right knee and sit.
- Come back to the center and repeat the same for the left side.
- Do the set for 10 times.
f. Scissor Kicks
This is a great way to tone your buttocks as well as lower abdomen muscles.
- Lie on your back on a mat. Extend your arms fully, with your palms facing down.
- Lift both your legs slowly so that your heels are off the ground.
- Now, lift your right leg to an angle of 45 degrees and lower the left leg till it is about 3-4 inches from the ground.
- Alternate the movements between your right and left legs.
- Repeat at least 15 times.
g. Leg Lift
This is another exercise to tone your buttocks as well as lower abdomen muscles.
- Lie down on the mat with your legs straight in the air.
- With your hands and arms flat on the mat, raise your hips off the ground.
- Hold for five seconds.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times with both the legs.
h. Barbell Squat
- Place a barbell on your shoulders, next to the trapezius muscles.
- Assume the squatting position so that your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Maintain the position with the butt down, shoulders pushed back, and chest outwards.
- Balance your body by keeping your hands in the front.
- Lower the squat to pull the butt above your feet.
- Squeeze your glutes and thighs to return to your initial position.
- Repeat the movements slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
i. Pliè Squat
- Stand with your feet spread shoulder width apart.
- Make sure the toes point outwards.
- Bring your hands to the front to maintain the body’s balance.
- Lower your body to a squat till your buttocks are just above the feet.
- Squeeze your glutes and thighs further while getting back to the initial position.
- In deadlifts, hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs.
- Keep your knees straight as you push your hips back and bend forward from the abdomen, lowering the dumbbells to your feet.
- Once your back is parallel to the floor, straighten back up to complete the rep.
- It is beneficial to tighten your hip muscles.
k. Step Aerobics
This is a simple exercise. Just step up and step down and dance to your favorite music. You can pace up or pace down. Do this for 15-20 minutes to tone your buttock muscles.
Running is good for your overall health. However, do take care not to overdo it. You can do interval running, i.e. running and walking at intervals.
As you move your legs to pedal, you tone the muscles of your thighs, calves, and hips. Biking is a good outdoor exercise routine that you can enjoy with your friends, spouse, or just by yourself.
n. Climb The Steps
This exercise routine is fab for your thighs, buttocks, abs, and heart muscles. However, please do not do this if you suffer from any medical condition that doesn’t allow you to do rigorous exercises.
Yoga is another healthy option to tone your buttock muscles. Find a good yoga trainer and train for three or four days per week to get a bigger buttock.
2. Eat Good
In addition to the above exercises, you also need to alter your diet. Dietary changes provide the building blocks required for bigger buttocks. Basically, you have to focus on adding more protein to build the layer of fat above the buttock muscle in your diet.
Choosing the right food helps in the proper regulation of hormones. Moreover, a proper diet also improves the effect of exercises done for bigger buttocks. Besides the choice of food, eating at a proper time is equally important.
There are numerous ways of adding protein to your diet. Some good protein sources include skimmed milk, eggs, low-fat yogurt, fish, turkey, legumes, meat, soy protein, hemp protein, and whey protein.
The gluteal muscles are covered with a layer of fat. To get a bigger and shapely butt, you have to eat unsaturated fats (good fats). Good sources of unsaturated fats include fish oil, rice bran oil, avocado, nuts and seeds, oily fish, canola oil, sunflower oil, oily fish, nuts, olive oil, and peanut butter.
Do consult your dietitian or download a calorie counting app to know how much fat you can consume per day.
Micronutrients are nothing but vitamins and minerals that are highly essential for our body to function properly. Fruits, veggies, nuts, and pulses are excellent sources of micronutrients. Since you are training hard to get a fuller and shapely buttock, do eat a lot of fruits and veggies to keep your body from becoming tired due to lack of energy production.
It is important to consume a few carbohydrates (you cannot completely ignore carbs). The quantity of carbohydrates depends on the level of resistance used during workouts (1). Some good sources of carbohydrates include sweet potatoes, brown rice, barley, corn, whole grain pasta, wheat bread, apples, potatoes, and grapefruit.
3. Lifestyle Changes
(i) Early To Bed, Early To Rise
I can say from my personal experience that this is one of the best pieces of advice I have got in the past few years. Make your bed and slip under the comforter, play some soothing music and drift away into the land of dreams. Wake up early in the morning so that you have time to exercise, check the news, check your emails, and have breakfast before you head out to take on the world.
(ii) Sleep For At Least 7 Hours
When you train or exercise, you actually break muscles. It is when you sleep that your body builds the muscle. Therefore, if you desire to be as appealing as JLo, get at least seven hours of sound sleep. It will also rejuvenate your brain cells and keep you active all day long.
(iii) It’s All An Illusion
Wear clothes that make your buttocks look bigger. You can wear high-waisted jeans/shorts/formal pants, padded thongs, low-rise pants/jeans that are tapered near the ankle, balloon skirts or dresses, denim short skirts, corsets, silk gowns, peplum tops, etc.
(iv) Drink Water
Water is the universal solution to all problems. The toxins that get accumulated over time as you train to get a bigger butt will get flushed out if you drink enough water. Toxin build-up can make you feel tired, and you may stop training. Hence, drink at least 3-4 liters of water per day.
4. Tips To Get Bigger Buttocks Fast
Exercise and diet may take weeks to make the buttocks bigger. Check out the following tips to get bigger buttocks considerably faster.
1. Watch Your Walking Style
Change the way you walk. It is important to carry yourself the right way. This will influence the appearance of your body. Catwalk is the key. All you need to do is to pull your shoulders back and curve or arch your lower back. This will make your butt bigger, firmer, and more prominent.
2. Use Butt Enhancing Pads
Another effective way to get bigger buttocks fast is through the use of butt enhancing pads. You can get shapewear or padded inserts from stores. These are designed specifically to boost your buttocks’ appearance in a pair of jeans and pants.
3. Thin Your Waistline
Thinning your waistline will make your butt more prominent. You can always trick people into thinking that you have a big butt by simply cinching your waist. The best trick is wearing a tummy tucker.
If you are not comfortable using a tummy tucker or don’t have one, you can also wear a belt over your shirt. However, make sure to wear this belt over the thinnest part of the waist. It is recommended to go for dark colored, wide belts or the ones with medium widths.
Yet another option is using a girdle to make the butts more prominent. It is recommended to avoid horizontal stripes and patterns. A smaller waist would make your hips look wider.
Although surgical procedures are available and ensure quick butt enhancement (2), exercising along with proper diet can provide lasting results without too much investment and side effects. So, decide wisely on the ways to get bigger buttocks fast.
We hope these tips will help you in achieving a bigger butt fast. Let us now take a look a few frequently asked questions.
- How much time will it take for my buttock to get bigger?
I would say, keep your goals realistic. Depending on your current body weight or body fat, workout routine, eating habits, and lifestyle changes, you will slowly start to notice that your buttock muscles have toned up by the end of the third week. Also, do not stop eating good fats. This will help build the fat above your gluteal muscles.
- Why isn’t my butt getting bigger?
Have some patience. Your current body weight, medical history, workout routines, eating habits, etc. are all important factors you need to consider and monitor properly to get a bigger butt. Get a calorie counting app and monitor your protein, fat, and carb intake every day. Get a diet chart prepared by your dietitian. Also, remember, your genes play a major role here.
- How do I get a rounder butt?
All the exercises, diet, and lifestyle points mentioned above should be followed. Also, get your trainer and dietitian to work closely to help you achieve your goals.
- Can I get a bigger buttock without working out?
Yes, probably, if you just munch on a lot of potato wafers and eat three meals of fast food and sit all day long! You have to work it out, girl. If you eat only fat-rich food, there is no guarantee that the fat will build-up in your buttock; it can get accumulated anywhere in your body. This will eventually make you look out of shape. Take a friend along to your workout sessions to make them fun.
Now that you know how to get a bigger butt naturally, what are you waiting for? Share your feedback with us by commenting in the box below!
- How The Brazilian Butt Lift Workout Can Change The Way You Think About Your Body!
- 10 Effective Yoga Asanas To Tone Your Buttocks
- How To Practice Shaun T Hip Hop Abs Workout?
- 6 Best Stand Up Abs Workout For A Fit And Toned Body
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- 20 Ways To Maintain Weight Loss Effortlessly - October 15, 2017
- 10 Best Essential Oils For Weight Loss - October 12, 2017
- Kim Kardashian Weight Loss Secrets– Lose 70 Pounds Like A Pro - October 10, 2017
- Mediterranean Diet With Menu Plan For Better Health - August 4, 2017
- DASH Diet For Healthy Weight Loss And High Blood Pressure - July 31, 2017