Perfect skin. Find me one woman who does not want it. But why does it seem like flawless skin is too much to ask for? Trying to get your skin to cooperate with you almost always feels like a series of never-ending battles against zits, dark circles, pigmentation, patches of dry and lifeless skin, blackheads, and – oh, how I wish the list ended there! To top it all off, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have to deal with any of these issues right now. Chances are if you do not pay attention to your skin, one of them are bound to come knocking on your door with the others not too far behind. Pretty daunting, huh?
That being said, you’ll be glad to know that it’s not too late for you because we have put together a guide that’ll give you glowing skin within a week. From exfoliating to brightening, we’ve got it all covered in a simple week’s plan.
Here’s how to get started.
How To Get Glowing Skin In A Week?
Starting today, CTM is your new religion. While most people are aware of the Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing routine, it still is majorly underrated. If you haven’t been doing it already, today is when you start, and once you do, you’ll not want to stop.
- Your face is always collecting gunk from the pollution and dust it is exposed to, and the dead skin and natural oils that accumulate on it. Using a gentle cleanser to remove this buildup will unclog your pores, preventing issues like acne. The choice of cleanser depends on your skin type and what suits it best. Using a toner after proper cleansing will ensure that no residual oil or dust remains on the surface. Natural toners like rose water, green tea, and white vinegar work well to restore your skin’s pH balance while tightening your pores. End the routine with a good moisturizer. This is the base of any skin care routine.
- Follow this up by applying a brightening face pack onto your face. You can whip up your own pack with ingredients like papaya, lemon, honey, milk, and tomatoes, which are readily available in most kitchens.
- You need to remove any makeup you have on before you go to bed. Your skin needs to breathe at night, which is impossible with makeup on. A good way to remove makeup would be to apply a few drops of baby oil on your face and gently massage it for a couple of minutes. Once the makeup has come loose, you can dab it off with a cotton pad, towel, or tissue.
- End your day by repeating the CTM method. Finish with your regular moisturizer and a good eye serum. If you have dry skin, it would be a good idea to switch up to satin pillow covers that will minimize moisture loss. Always try to sleep on your back with your face up and invest in a good humidifier to keep your face hydrated.
Your second day should focus on improving the health of your skin by controlling what you consume. Your skin can only work with what it has in terms of nutrition. While external care is crucial, internal care cannot be neglected. Eating right is a sure shot way to get skin that glows with health.
- Follow up your morning cleanse-tone-moisturize routine with the application of a fruit mask. Fruit masks are easily prepared and applied. You can use ingredients suited to your skin type such as bananas for dry skin, and strawberries for oily skin. This is an excellent way to brighten up your face without using chemicals.
- Keep yourself hydrated by consuming water and nutrition packed beverages throughout the day. This will help control the production of oil on your face and also tighten your pores.
- Remove your makeup and end your day with the CTM method and your night-time skin care routine.
On the third day you will be exfoliating to remove any dead skin. This will leave your skin feeling soft and looking radiant. It will also make your skin more receptive to the other treatments it will be receiving.
- Cleanse your face with an exfoliating scrub or a face sponge. Scrub off the dead skin cells to reveal the healthy layer of skin underneath.
- After the exfoliation, tone and moisturize your skin to keep this new layer protected from drying out. You can apply a face mask post exfoliation as your skin will be more receptive to nourishment.
- Never forget to use sunscreen when you are about to step out into the sun. This will keep your skin protected from the harmful UV rays that can cause damage to your skin.
- In the evening, modify your CTM ritual by applying a face pack after you cleanse your face. Once you wash the pack off, follow it up by toning and moisturizing.
By the fourth day, you will notice visible results in the form of improved skin texture, and your face, on the whole, will radiate health. However, this doesn’t mean you get to ease up on the routine.
- Wash your face with your regular cleanser and then steam it. This will help open up your pores and allow for some deep cleansing action. Once you have steamed your face for about 10 minutes, follow it up by applying a clay mask that will draw any dirt out. Optionally, you could use a combination of honey and oatmeal. Once this is done, rinse off the mask and tone your face by dabbing it with a cotton pad that is soaked in rose water. This will help re-seal your pores. Finish with your moisturizer.
- Maintain the usual night care regimen to wake up with skin that is hydrated and nourished in the morning.
- Massage your face with some aloe vera gel post-CTM. This will improve the blood circulation to your face and nourish your skin. It will also help flush out toxins. If there are dark circles under your eyes, always use an under eye serum. This will make them fade over time and also add radiance to your face.
- After the massage, apply your regular moisturizer or day cream. One with a higher SPF is preferable so that you don’t have to use a separate sunscreen.
- In the evening, incorporate a sandalwood face pack in your CTM routine to make your skin smooth and radiant.
- It is time to exfoliate again. Ideally, you should be exfoliating your skin twice a week to keep it healthy and radiant. Follow the exfoliating steps from day 3, and follow it up by toning and moisturizing.
- Regular intake of water and fluids like soups and juices is essential throughout the week as a hydrated body equals healthy skin.
- It is time to indulge and give yourself another fruit facial. Follow the CTM method in the morning as well as in the evening.
- Keep drinking water or healthy beverages throughout the day to maintain the elasticity of your skin.
Following these instructions will have your skin glowing with health right from day 1. By day 7, your face will appear soft, radiant, clear, and you will be on top of your face-care game. This doesn’t mean that you stop caring for your skin. Following the CTM method every day, exfoliating your skin twice a week, and treating it with natural face masks a couple of times a week are essential for maintaining skin health. It might seem like a lot of work, but fret not!
We’ve put together some tips from the experts that will make the process a whole lot easier.
Tips For Glowing Skin From Beauty Experts
Do you wish to have a gorgeous and glowing skin? Feel the need of having and absolutely beautiful and supple skin? Then here are few tips from the famous beauty experts so you can follow them religiously to have the amazing looks!!!
Achieving beautiful glowing skin could be easier than you think. Apart from eating the right foods and adopting a healthy lifestyle that is free of smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, you must use products that are high in quality. Concluding the effectiveness of lotions and creams is not easy because most brands out there do not contain the right ingredients. Here are the three essential ingredients to look for that are proven to give you beautiful and radiant skin.
It is important to avoid skincare products that are made with synthetic chemicals; most of the chemicals in these products are too harsh on the skin. They dry the skin and cause irritation. Using natural ingredients is the best way to achieve beautiful glowing skin because they are gentler on the skin; therefore, unlike chemicals, they have no negative side effects.
These are the three natural skincare ingredients for healthy, youthful, and beautiful skin:
- CoQ10 it is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin against the damaging effects of free radicals. One of the most effective types of CoQ10 is HE10 Nano-h, which is in the form of nano-emulsion. It can descend deep into the dermis to fight against free radicals and reverse the aging process.
Nano-h HEQ10 has also been proven to nourish and rejuvenate skin, and make it glow.
- Functional keratin is a collagen booster because it helps the human body synthesize collagen and elastin naturally. For starters, collagen and elastin are proteins that are responsible for keeping the skin young, beautiful, and bright.
A special functional keratin extracted from the wool of sheep in New Zealand not only boosts collagen levels but also promotes the regeneration of cells and the moisture retaining capacity of the skin. There is also evidence that shows that it fills wrinkles and refracts light in a way that makes the skin appear smooth and glowing.
- Maracuja is a natural vegetable oil that has been proven to regulate the production of sebum in the sebaceous glands. It accelerates the secretion of oil in dry skin and limits the secretion in oily skin. It absorbs moisture from the environment and seals in the dermis; therefore, it moisturizes the skin to make it soft, smooth, and radiant.
Now that you know the essential ingredients that will help you achieve beautiful glowing skin, it is time to look for a brand that contains them.
Christine Aguilar: www.shelookbook.com
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have a good day and night beauty routine that includes exfoliating twice a week and using a mask twice a week.
- Include raw almonds in your diet. It works wonders for the skin.
Shahnaz Cola: www.shahnazlovesbeauty.com
- Catch some Zzzs. There is a reason it’s called beauty sleep!
- Drink lots of water. If your body is dehydrated, your face will show it.
- Make a mask at home. Just DIY it with 1 ripe banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, and a few drops of lemon mashed together.
- Hydrate and nourish the skin inside out.
We already know that we need to drink 6-8 glasses of water for better health, but it is crucial to drink enough filtered water to flush out nasty toxins from the body and leave your skin looking clear and plump. Drink more cold-water and eat more oily fish (salmon, mackerel, and tuna), berries and green, and leafy vegetables (spinach, broccoli) for an extra beauty boost.
- Dry body brush: Supermodel Miranda Kerr swears by this technique for radiant skin. It is a great way to stimulate blood flow and lymph drainage and detoxify the skin. I do this before a warm shower – use a body brush in circular movements, starting at my ankles and working my way up my body, focusing specifically on stubborn areas such as thighs and buttocks.
- Get moving! Exercise increases blood circulation, which carries vital, repairing nutrients to the skin cells. In my opinion, the amazing glow that you get after a workout is by far the best kind of radiance you can have. Take your exercise outdoors as fresh air oxygenates skin cells even more.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliate your skin at least once a week to remove dead skin cells and reveal refreshed, glowing skin. Make sure you pick the best exfoliator for your skin type – oily-skinned ladies will benefit from a gentle scrub that unclogs pores. Dry skin works well with chemical exfoliators containing fruit acids that target the deeper layers of the skin, while more sensitive skin types should opt for an enzyme exfoliator that won’t aggravate skin.
Tracy Branfield: www.thefashionfox.co.za
- At night, I love using SkinCeuticals Simply Clean gel cleanser with my Clarisonic – it really removes every last trace of make-up. I also love to follow that up with an application of Sunday Riley’s Good Genes – nothing like an overnight exfoliant to wake up with a good glow, right?
- Bliss’ Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Masks de-puff my under eyes in all of two minutes – which is key when you’re constantly between time zones or during Fashion Month when zero sleep is expected. Throw them in the fridge for extra credit.
- Always have a pack of Burt’s Bees White Tea Extract facial wipes with you when you’re on the go – whether I’m on a long-haul flight or hitting the gym, they save my skin every time.
Stephanie Mark: www.thecoveteur.com
- Start the day with a glass of lemon water. It’s a natural detox drink that cleanses your digestive tract, supports a healthy liver and radiant skin, reduces water retention and gives your body a powerful alkaline boost. Lemons are also a wonderful source of vitamin C, an important collagen-building nutrient.
- Improve the way you break down and assimilate nutrients in your diet by tuning up your digestion – I recommend both probiotics and fermented foods (just a small amount in the diet every day). l like raw sauerkraut, miso, kefir, and kimchi. When you digest better, your skin glows!
- Fill your diet with foods that provide natural UV defense for your skin, in addition to wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen. Some of my favorite UV-protective summer foods are tomatoes, watermelon, green tea, cantaloupe, and cherries.
Jolene Hart: www.jolenehart.com
- Use a face cloth/washcloth to remove your face cleanser and face masks. It gets rid of all product residues while gently exfoliating to brighten skin.
- Apply organic Rose Hip oil to your skin at night – aside from being nourishing, it contains Vitamin A to reduce sun damage and scarring.
- A homemade body scrub made with olive oil, fine salt, sugar, and a couple of drops of an essential oil is the easiest way to sort out dull skin on your body. It will and leave your skin feeling super soft and moisturized. Don’t use it on your face though; it’s too rough.
Chantelle Bester: www.notanotherpoppie.com
- Let your skin breathe, go make-up less at least once a week.
- Water – drink eight glasses a day to keep skin clear and glowing.
- Eat well and exercise – beauty comes from within, the better you feel, the better you will look.
- Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize: This helps the skin to stay clean and hydrated, as well as allows it to breathe at night. Over time you’ll notice healthier, glowing skin.
- Exfoliate once a week: This helps to renew skin cells and exfoliate dead ones away, it makes your skin brighter and healthier. Just make sure it’s the right one for your skin type!
- Drink lots of water: There’s only so much products can do, the rest is up to yourself and your diet. Be good to your body and it’ll be good to you.
With that, you can put the battles you have with your skin to rest. Starting off with this 7-day guide will get your skin back up to optimum health, paving the way to better skin care. Your skin, regardless of its type or condition, needs as much attention as it can get. All the effort you put into it now is bound to pay off later when you are much older but still have the skin that glows with health and youth.
Do you have any of your own skin care tips or advice to share? Let us know in the comments section below.
- 15 Herbal Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin
- How To Use Olive Oil To Get Glowing Skin?
- 4 Homemade Saffron Face Packs For Flawless skin
- 10 Simple Tips To Glowing And Glowing Skin!!!
- 2 Simple Homemade Body Scrubs for Gorgeous, Glowing Skin
Latest posts by Meenal Rajapet (see all)
- How To Use Kalonji Black Seed Oil For Hair Growth And Baldness - May 8, 2017
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Review - April 20, 2017
- Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion Review - April 18, 2017
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Review - April 18, 2017
- Top 10 Hair Salons In Ahmedabad - March 23, 2017