We all desire for a clear and glowing skin. But with stressful jobs and busy lifestyles, we don’t have enough time to take care of our skin. This negligence results in skin problems like acne, blemishes, dullness, dead skin patches, blackheads, whiteheads and more. We are left plagued by questions like how to get glowing skin or maybe how to make skin glow? Sometimes even how to get fair skin? How to become fair is certainly a question that has bothered us for long. For many believe that fair skin has a glow that no other skin tone can have! That isn’t true at all. Having a darker complexion does not mean that you can’t have glowing skin. It’s time we bust these age-old myths. So here are some simple answers on how to get flawless glowing skin you have always wanted.
Know Your Skin Type:
Firstly you need to figure out which skin type is yours. There are some basic skin types:
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Combination skin
- Normal skin
- Sensitive skin
Here’s an easy step by step procedure to test which skin type you have
Cleanse your face with a very mild cleanser and pat dry with a towel. Do not rub.
[ Read: Get Rid of Bumps on Face after Waxing ]
Leave the skin as it is without applying any creams or lotions.
After some time, take a paper napkin/tissue paper and press it at the t zone. The t zone is basically the forehead area and the nose area.
Now look at the tissue.
Here’s a quick look at different skin types reactions after the test:
- Oily: Oil on the tissue and shiny face with large open pores. The solution for this skin type it to keep the oil production in control. Get detailed beauty tips for oily skin here.
- Dry: Pores are small and the skin feels stretchy and taut after soap application and there are signs of flaky skin and also dead skin. You need to take proper care of this skin type by keeping it moisturized at all times. Get detailed tips for dry skin here.
- Combination: The T zone will be oily but the parts of the face like cheeks and other parts will be dry. This is the most common skin type. Here are a few face packs for combination skin.
[ Read: Get Rosy Cheeks Without Makeup ]
- Normal: There will be no shine/oil and no flakiness as well. Skin will feel smooth and healthy. Congratulate yourself as you are very lucky. Here are a few face packs for normal skin.
- Sensitive: If you are still unsure. Think whether you have ever faced irritations due to scented soaps or perfumed products? Do you feel your skin starts burning when exposed to heat? Or have witnessed that weather change cause’s irritation? Well if the answers are yes you have got sensitive skin.
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013