How To Get Glowing Skin?
We all crave for a clear and glowing skin and love to have one. But with stressful jobs and loads of pollution around, sometimes we don’t have enough time to take care of our skin. This negligence results in skin problems like acne, blemishes, dullness, dead skin patches, blackheads whiteheads and more. And we are left plagued by question like how to get glowing skin or maybe how to make skin glow? Sometimes even how to get fair skin? How to become fair is certainly a question that has bothered us for long. For many believe that fair skin has a glow that no other skin tone can have! That isn’t true at all. Having a darker skin does not mean that your skin will not glow.
So here are some simple ways to get that glowing skin you have always wanted.
Firstly you need figure out which skin type is yours. There are some basic skin types:
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Combination skin
- Normal skin
- Sensitive skin
Here’s an easy step by step procedure to test which skin type you have
Cleanse your face with a very mild cleanser and pat dry with a towel. Do not rub.
Leave the skin as it is without applying any creams or lotions.
After some time, take a paper napkin/tissue paper and press it at the t zone. The t zone is basically the forehead area and the nose area.
Now look at the tissue.
Here’s a quick look at different skin types reactions after the test:
Oily: Oil on the tissue and shiny face with large open pores. The solution for this skin type it to keep the oil production in control. Get detailed beauty tips for oily skin here.
Dry: Pores are small and the skin feels stretchy and taut after soap application and there are signs of flaky skin and also dead skin. You need to take proper care of this skin type by keeping it moisturized at all times. Get detailed tips for dry skin here.
Combination: The T zone will be oily but the parts of the face like cheeks and other parts will be dry. This is the most common skin type. Here are a few face packs for combination skin.
Normal: There will be no shine/oil and no flakiness as well. Skin will feel smooth and healthy.
Congratulate yourself as you are very lucky. Here are a few face packs for normal skin.
Sensitive: If you are still unsure. Think whether you have ever faced irritations due to scented soaps or perfumed products? Do you feel your skin starts burning when exposed to heat? Or have witnessed that weather change cause’s irritation? Well if the answers are yes you have got sensitive skin.
What may be causing skin problems?
1. Glowing skin symbolizes clear and healthy skin so the main aim is to get clear skin which is healthy from within.
2. Do take out some time and relax to think whether you have been stressed lately? If so that may lead to skin problems and dullness. A healthy lifestyle with minimum stress is the key to stay fit. Also less stress means more healthy skin
3. Think whether you have been eating out too often? Or having oily, packaged or unhealthy foods too often? If the answer is yes then it’s time you have some healthy food. Healthy food can reduce the chances of pimples and other irritations caused by unhealthy food intake.
4. Are you skipping your breakfast? Or having lunch at odd hours? Or not having lunch at all sometimes? If any of the answer is yes then you need to have food at regular intervals. If you think you won’t be able to have lunch or breakfast keep some biscuits in your bag. After some time when you feel hungry pop one or two biscuits and drink a glass of water. Don’t go out empty stomach as it will harm your digestive system. The breakfast should be heavy for those who have to eat at odd hours due to job or any particular work.
5. Are you having problems with the digestive system? Is it bothering you very often? Having gas and indigestion at short intervals? Maybe your digestive system needs to be taken care of.
6. Are you constipated? This may also lead to skin problems too.
Natural Ways To Get Glowing Skin:
1. Use a mixture of tomato juice and lemon juice in equal quantity (1 tablespoon) and apply this mixture on the face. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off. You may also add a teaspoon of honey to it.
2. Take 2 tablespoons of coconut water and add 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice to it. Add some multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and then mix. Apply this preparation on the face and scrub gently. Wash off with cold water. Here are some more face packs with multani mitti.
3. Take a teaspoon of curd and add 2 teaspoons of besan, a pinch of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of rose water. Apply this mixture on the face and leave it for 15 minutes to get fair skin. Here are some more besan face packs.
4. Take 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, add red sandalwood powder to it and mix. Use this all over the face or body to gently scrub. This helps to get fair skin.
5. Using alovera gel all over the face can get you a clear glowing skin. Here are some more aloe vera face packs for glowing skin.
7. Use a mixture of raw milk, rosewater and sandalwood powder to get glowing skin.
8. Use fresh cream, few drops of olive oil and a pinch of turmeric powder to make a pack. Apply and leave it on the face for 15 minutes and then wash off. This is a great face pack for fair skin.
More Ways On How To Get Glowing skin:
A. Follow CTM Routine:
1. Use a gentle cleanser, unless you have oily skin. Rinse off by water splashes and not by washcloth or rag as these might irritate it. Pat dry skin using hands and let it air dry.
2. Follow this with a toner. Toners hydrates the skin and makes it supple.
3. Then use a moisturizer suitable for your skin type. Use a light moisturizer in the day and use a creamy heavy one at night.
B. Acne Control:
4. If you have acne, consult a doctor and ask him to prescribe you with a specially formulated face wash with salicylic acid which is great for acne prone skin. It kills those nasty bacteria causing acne.
5. If you have zits, use a specially formulated spot action treatment. There are many available in the market that will help kill the bacteria in the zit and also reduce the redness.
6. For those who are very prone to oily skin and acne, keep a check on each item that touches your face. Use a clean washcloth/ towel and use your hands to pat dry rather than rub with cloths. Change the pillow covers at regular intervals as bacteria may grow there. The oils on our hands can cause breakouts so keep them out of your face.
7. The most important thing is to deal with pimples but do not pick on them. It may lead to permanent scarring which is worse.
8. Removing makeup at night is a must. Keep some makeup wipes near the bed table so when you feel very tired, you can at least grab a hold of a makeup wipe and clean the face. If you leave makeup on, it may create pimples and clog pores and make the situation worse.
C. Sun Care:
9. Use a sunscreen while stepping out in the sun. Use a good spf sunscreen to keep the skin safe from damages by sunlight. Here is a list of best sun care products.
10. Avoid being in the sun for long and even if you do make sure you reapply sunscreen after every few hours.
D. Diet Control:
11. Drink lots of water. At least drink 7 to 8 glasses each day. Keep a water bottle handy while you step out. Water makes your skin hydrated, giving you a glowing, fair skin.
12. Healthy foods can result in a glowing skin so eating right is very important.
13. Take a multivitamin tablet if you feel a lack of vitamins and minerals.
14. Skip on the salt. If you can’t skip, at least try to consume less salt. Salt makes your face look bloated.
15. Eat fresh green vegetables with loads of fruits and nuts to make your skin fair & look healthy from within. Having vegetables and fruits enriched diet will surely make the skin glow. More foods for glowing skin here.
16. Take fruits rich in vitamin c/ take a vitamin c supplement as this is great for your fair skin and body. It helps heal pimples faster and also strengthens the nails. More fruits for glowing skin here.
17. Omega 3 fatty acids are great for your skin. These are generally found in fishes; walnuts etc so try to keep them in your diet too.
18. Some may have a sweet tooth but it’s not at all healthy. Try to keep your sugar intake within 50grams each day.
E. Exercise Daily:
19. Exercise daily/ do yoga or any exercise so that your body muscles are stretched and worked out. Working out cardio gives a glowing skin as it helps to stimulate blood flow all the while keeping you fit and healthy. Here are some yoga exercises for glowing skin.
20. Be happy and enjoy life as our mind has immense effect on our body and only if it is happy we shall see our skin fair & glowing.
Keep following these tips and you will get glowing fair skin within a few weeks.