What are spider veins or Telangiectasias?
Spider veins are caused due to the dilated blood vessels near the surface of the skin or mucous membranes. They are similar to varicose veins, however are smaller. Varicose veins are enlarged and twisted blue or red veins, but spider veins are much smaller and close to skin surface. They appear red or blue in color and look like tree branches or like spiderwebs, hence the term “spider veins”.
Weak or damaged valves in the veins are the primary cause for such a condition. Weak veins cause blood to leak back into the veins and accumulate making them appear bigger. Given that these veins are responsible to carry blood from body back to the heart, the blood in your lower body is pushed back to the heart against flow of gravity through the veins.
Other reasons that cause spider veins on legs include :
Most people have spider veins running down the generations within the family.
As you turn older, your veins may weaken and risk your chances of developing spider veins.
A common reason, where the blood in the body is largely increased causing the veins to enlarge.
Being overweight puts extra pressure on veins that supply back blood to the heart leading to spider veins.
5. Hormonal changes:
Hormonal changes in the body during puberty, pregnancy and menopause can also lead to this condition.
6. Lack of movement:
Staying still in a position may force the veins to work hard to supply blood. While you sit or stand for a long time, it puts pressure on the veins and it ends up in such a condition.
[ Read: Causes Of Psoriasis ]
How to Get Rid of Spider Veins Naturally:
Being typically found on legs, ankles, calves and thighs, you can find different natural ways to get rid of spider veins on legs. Here, the emphasis is on the natural remedies that improves the circulation system and cleans the region effectively.
1. Get your circulation system to work better, mostly in your legs region. You can seek better results when you indulge in low intense activities like walking or doing household chores as well as leg toning exercises.
2. Elevate your legs when you sleep or rest, also change your positions or keep moving around to improve your circulation to avoid spider veins.
3. Lose weight to reduce the pressure on your legs and get rid of such a condition.
4. Daily massage works wonders in improving blood circulation and reducing this problem.
5. Compression stockings enhances blood circulation, it squeezes your legs and provides much needed comfort. Before you wear them, make sure you consult a doctor.
6. A good and healthy diet that includes antioxidants and citrus fruits can do wonders to your body and improve your veins health too. Garlic and ginger on the other hand helps break down fibrin, which is responsible for forming hard lumpy area around your varicose veins.
7. A simple home remedy – rubbing apple cider vinegar on the affected area for 30 minutes effectively reduces the appearance of spider veins.
These spider veins natural treatment gives you much-needed relief and with continuous practice, you will find a tremendous change.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Riddhi Jholapara (see all)
- Cool It with Cucumber Vegetable Face Packs And Masks - July 15, 2013
- 8 Winter Medium Hairstyles To Inspire You - July 10, 2013
- Waterproof Sunscreen: Facts Revealed - March 9, 2013
- How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores? - February 18, 2013