Healthy pink lips. That is a dream we all have.
These days we see ads for baby lips and vaseline which highlight the beauty of healthy pink lips.Its easy to just swipe on some vaseline lip balm for the hot trend – Nude lips.
But, some women have twin hued lips. Simply put, the upper lip is darker than the lower lip. When you use matte lipsticks, this is not so apparent. Lipsticks will mask the hues to some extent.On a day to day basis it becomes difficult to manage with different shaded lips as the lipstick will also take on a different hue on the darker lip.
This problem might be caused due several factors such as
- Over sun exposure
- Genes – Hyperpigmentation
- Drinking too much coffee / Smoking
- Dryness /Lack of moisture
Here are some ideas and home remedies from your kitchen to help fight this condition.
1. Reduce Allergies due to Lipsticks:
Are some lipsticks giving you that tingling sensation on your lips soon after application? Your dark upper lip problem might be caused due to allergy from your lipsticks.
- Stop using lipsticks and go for gentle tinted lip balms like Baby Lips.
- Use only good branded lip colours and avoid the low quality ones
- Opt for herbal / organic lipsticks / balms which are hypoallergenic
2. Lime for darkness:
Lemon juice, when applied over dark lips not only lightens it but also gently exfoliates and removes the darkness effectively.
- Add few drops of honey to half a lemon juice and smooth over your lips evenly.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes and wash away or wipe off with a cotton ball dipped in lukewarm water. Do this every day!
- You can even let this treatment soak on to your lips overnight.
3. Welcome SPF in your lip balm:
Your lips needed to be protected from harmful UV rays just as your skin does.
- Get a lip balm with high SPF and use it on your lips whenever you step out, even on cloudy days.
- This is definitely going to help you remove the upper lip darkness with regular usage.
4. Add honey to your lip care regimen:
Honey is a gentle and effective answer to dark lips.Its antioxidant and anti-ageing properties help reduce the darkness in the lips, leaving them plump and pink
- Apply a few drops of honey on your lips .Let dry and do not wash it off .
- Do this every day especially overnight
5. Moisturize your lips:
Lips turn dry and chapped due to lack of moisturisation. This leads to darker lips. To achieve those smooth and plump pink lips make a concoction of
- one tablespoon of strawberry juice with two tablespoons of petroleum jelly . This can be used as a lip balm.
- Make a paste of fresh raspberries .Drizzle in pure honey and aloe Vera juice. Apply and leave it to dry .Rinse off
- Opt for oil as a moisturiser for lips.You can try olive oil, mustard oil , tea tree oil and Clove oil. Apply the oil and let it soak into your lip overnight
- Apply a mix of castor oil and almond oil .Massage onto lips for maximum nourishment.
6. Ice cube Massage:
This keeps the lips moisturized and nourished
7. Pomegranate for that reddish hue:
This treatment provides maximum moisturising and natural color to the lips.Constant use will provide a nice red hue to the lips
- Crush the seeds.Mix in the milk cream.
- Apply this paste on the lips.Let it soak for 15 minutes and then rinse off
All these home remedies are beneficial and the best part is that home remedies don’t have any side effects.As always do a patch test to check for irritants.
Using these treatments you will soon see a change for the better. Now, you too will have soft, nourished and pink lips.