When you have hazel eyes, your eyes aren’t just one color. Aishwarya Rai, Tyra Banks, Kelly Clarkson, and Angelina Jolie are some of the notable celebrities who possess such colored eyes. There are usually flecks of multiple colors in there, and you can totally play this to your advantage. A great way to bring these colors out is by using different eyeshadow colors.
How To Make Hazel Eyes Pop?
Here, I’ve compiled a list of 10 best eye makeup looks which make your hazel eyes pop and flatter. Check them out!
- Purple Smokey
- Hot Pink Eyes
- Gold And Black Glitter
- Eyes Of A Mermaid
- Bronze Goddess
- Tropical Sunset
- Classic Black Smokey
- Hide And Seek Pink
- Royal Blue
- Simple Cat Eye
1. Purple Smokey Eye Makeup
A great way to bring out the color of your eyes is to use colors from the opposite side of the color wheel. And somewhere along the opposite spectrum of the color wheel for hazel are purple tones. In order to achieve this look, bright purple, aubergine, and black shades have been used.
Products To Create Purple Smokey Look
- Eyeshadows by MAC.
- Eyeliner by Makeup Revolution.
- Mascara and false lashes.
Tutorial on How To Get Purple Smokey Look
- Start by packing on some of the bright purple on the lid, but don’t extend the color too much.
- Go over it with the aubergine shade and blend it on the outside corner and crease. Then, using the black eyeshadow, define the outer corner.
- Using a clean brush, blend it out so that there are no harsh lines. By using appropriate transition shades, you can make your hazel eyes pop.
- Attach the falsies.
- Finish with some mascara.
This Purple Smokey eye look is more suitable for Pale skin.
2. Hot Pink Eye Makeup
Adding bright colors to your eyes is a definite way to make them stand out. A hot pink eyeshadow would do just that. Using a primer before applying the eyeshadow is a good way to start since it prevents the eyeshadow from melting into the creases.
Products Required to Create Hot Pink Eye Makeup Look
- Peach Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Shimma Shimma Eyeshadows by MUG .
- Melt Cosmetics Radioactive Stack in the shade Radioactive.
How to Get Hot Pink Eye Makeup Look?
- The way to achieving this bright pink look is by starting off at the crease with a hot pink shade. Take your time in blending it out, because that makes all the difference. Work with a little amount of product at a time to get a diffused look.
- Now pack on a frosty shade at the center of the eyelid and the browbone. Use a clean fluffy brush to blend the colors.
- Dab some purple kohl from on the outer corner of your waterline as well as the center and blend.
- Finally, to finish this look, use some mascara and a purple liner to create a wing. You will have yourself hazel eyes that pop through these gorgeous fuschia colors!
This Hot Pink Eye Makeup look is more suitable for Warm skin tones.
3. Black and Gold Glitter Eye Makeup
Gold and black – A powerful combination. The gold make the flecks in the eyes pop out and the black adds a strong contrast with hazel eyes. To achieve this look, you will need a pigmented gold with micro glitter and a gray-black shade.
Products to Create Gold And Black Glitter Look
- Eyeshadows by MAC.
- Eyeshadows by Make Up Revolution.
- False lashes by Red Cherry.
How To Do Black and Gold Glitter Eye Makeup?
- Start off by priming the eyelid and going over it with a neutral shade matching your skin tone in order to create a transition shade.
- Using a sticky tape, apply the black eyeshadow along the lower lash line to create a refined line as shown.
- Next, work the metallic black shade on the outer corner and crease.
- Continue from the outer corner to the lower lash line to derive a smokey look.
- It is now time for the gold! Pack some of the product into the center and rest of the eyelid. Build the product up slowly to prevent fallout.
- Pop some of this lightly in the inner corners as well.
- Finish with fake lashes or just mascara.
This Gold an black glitter look is suitable for all skin tones.
4. Mermaid Eye Makeup Look
Blue, green, and purple is a beautiful combination. It often reminds us of mermaids. These colors create a magical look and bring out the color of your eyes. Prep and prime your eyelid as you normally would and create a neutral base. For this look, we need to start from the outside and work towards the inside. Since this look is a mermaid look, make sure that all the colors that you will be using from the next step are shimmer.
Products To Create This Look
- Mineral eyeshadow powders by Caylin Cosmetics
- Maybelline Falsies mascara
Mermaid Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Taking a subtle orange shade, go over the area above your crease.
- Next, use a purple shade to apply at the outer corners, crease, and bottom lashline.
- Use a clean brush to blend the orange and purple.
- With a metallic blue kohl, line the upper and lower lashlines.
- Now, grab a metallic blue and cover your eyelid with it and blend.
- Then, take a bit of green onto the brush and apply it at the center of the eyelid.
- Use a clean brush to blend out any harsh lines.
- Once you are happy with the colors and their transitions, finish with some mascara.
This Mermaid Eye Makeup is one of the best choices for all All skin tones.
5. Bronze Goddess Eye Makeup
Bronze eye makeup will make you look brazen and sharp. It compliments the gold flecks in your hazel eyes, and it’s a great look for all occasions. This look will require shades of bronze and copper, and an eyeliner.
Products To Create Bronze Goddess Eye Makeup Look
- Eyeshadows from the Naked palette by Urban Decay
- Illamasqua gel eyeliner
Bronze Goddess Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Prep and prime your eyelid and browbone.
- For this look, we see that the eyeshadow is extending in a sharp line. To achieve this, you will need to use some tape along the lower lash line.
- Apply a copper shade over the eyelid.
- Now take the bronze shade and apply it into the crease and browbone.
- Using a clean fluffy brush, diffuse it out.
- Finally, create a winged line with a navy blue liner and top it with mascara.
Bronze Goddess Eye look is more suitable for Warm or dark skin.
6. Tropical Sunsets
Can’t go on vacation anytime soon? Bring the vacation to you! With colors like orange, purple, and gold, you’re bound to brighten up your eyes (and mood) and make them pop.
Products To Create Tropical Sunset Look
- Mi Vida Loca eyeshadow palette by Kat Von D.
- 24 karat glam liner by Nyx Cosmetics.
- Ardell lashes in 160 black.
How To Do Tropical Sunset Eye Makeup?
- Begin by prepping and priming your eyelids.
- Apply a yellow eyeshadow under the brow bone to start off the gradient look.
- Next, apply an orange-toned eyeshadow a bit lower than the first layer.
- With a clean fluffy brush, diffuse these colors so that there are no sharp lines.
- Pack some purple eyeshadow at the center and outer corner and blend them out as shown in the image.
- It is now time for the bling to top it off – the gold winged liner. The gold adds quite the contrast to the purple and brings out the gold flecks in hazel eyes.
- Finish with false lashes or mascara.
This is one of the best suited and favorite look for Fair skin tones.
7. Classic Black Smokey Eye Makeup
You cannot and will not go wrong with the classic black smokey eye. The intensity of the black will bring out the color of your eyes. It provides a strong contrast to the warm colors found in hazel eyes.
Products To Create Classic Black Smokey Look
- Naked eyeshadow palette by Urban Decay.
- Perversion mascara by Urban Decay.
Tutorial on How To Get Classic Black Smokey Look?
- Once you have primed your eyelids, use a neutral brown tone suitable for your skin under the browbone so that a perfect transition can be created.
- Pack the black eyeshadow onto the eyelid in batches.
- Slowly build the product to achieve the required intensity.
- Use a clean fluffy brush to blend it out.
- Apply some of the product under the lower lashline as well.
- Using a black kohl, line the upper and lower lashlines.
- Finish with mascara.
This classic black smokey look is more suitable for fair and warm skin tones.
[ Read: Top 10 Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorials ]
8. Hide And Seek Pink
This is a spinoff of a winged liner. Instead of going for a plain winged liner, you can make your eyes stand out by adding a hint of color. In this look, the color being used is pink. You can use any other color, but make sure that it is bright.
Products To Create Hide And Seek Pink Look
- Pink eyeliner by Shu Uemura
- Black eyeliner by Bobbi Brown
How To Get This Hide And Seek Pink Look?
- Prime and prep your eyelids.
- To create this look, use a black liner to create wings as you normally would.
- Then, create a line underneath the black line of the extended wing with the pink one as shown.
- Put some shimmer on the inner corner.
- Finish with a coat of mascara.
Hide and Seek Pink Look is most suitable for all skin tones.
9. Royal Blue Eye Makeup
Although this shade isn’t completely royal blue, it is along those lines and it definitely looks regal. This is a sure shot way to make your eyes pop.
Products To Create Royal Blue Look
- Seventeen Single Eyeshadow in the shade Regal.
- Kiko eyeshadow stick in the shade 31.
- Revlon Single Eyeshadow in the shade Periwinkle.
How To Get Royal Blue Look?
- Start off by priming your eyelids and applying a neutral base.
- Pack a navy blue shade onto the eyelids in such a way that it looks intense and pigmented.
- Now, take a fluffy brush and blend it.
- Apply a lilac shade at the inner thirds of the eyelids and diffuse it with the previously applied navy blue.
- Use a neutral brown shade to blend out the harsh lines under the brow bone. Use a clean fluffy brush so that the transition is clean.
- Apply some lilac kohl on the lower lashline and finish with a winged liner and mascara.
This Royal Blue look is most suitable for Warm undertones.
10. Simple Cat Eye Makeup
A simple flick goes a long way. When you don’t have any time but want to add an oomph factor to your eyes, wing out that eyeliner and you’re good to go. I understand that it can be a challenge to do your makeup when you are in a hurry. A simple cat eye will make it look like you have put some effort into it.
Products To Create Simple Cat Eye Look
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner.
- Perversion mascara by Urban Decay.
How To Get Simple Cat Eye Look?
- The trick to perfecting the cat eye is small strokes.
- Start from the inner corner and remember not to pile on too much product at one go. You can always build it up later.
- Now comes the tricky part – the wing. Remember that the wing is supposed to be an extension of your lower lashline.
- Follow its path and you can’t go wrong. If you are worried about whether or not your hands are stable enough to do this, you can use a card of some sort and place it under your eye along the path of the outer corner of the lower lashline.
- When you are satisfied with the line, you can join it with the rest and fill in any gaps.
- Finish with mascara.
It is also most suitable for all skin tones.
Other Tips to Make Hazel Eyes Pop
Apart from the eyeshadow colors you use, there are a few other ways to bring out your hazel eyes.
- Many people ask “What hair color makes hazel eyes pop?” – I can say that Hair color plays a major role in bringing out the color in your eyes, and I personally suggest brown hair or red hair are the best shades that do so.
- Dress Colors that Make Hazel Eyes Pop – The color of your outfit can also make your eyes pop. When you have hazel eyes, wearing all black can help intensify your eyes. Wearing shades of green and khaki can also brighten them.
So there you are! Ten gorgeous eye makeup looks and other tips to bring out your hazel eyes. Now, if you don’t have hazel eyes, doesn’t mean this isn’t for you! It’s just that these looks, in particular, make hazel eyes pop. In the end, these looks will look good on everyone! Go ahead and experiment!
- Top 100 Eye Makeup Tutorials Around the World
- Eye Makeup Tips for Beginners
- Arabic Bridal Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Top 20 Eye Makeup Looks
- How To Apply Bridal Eye Makeup Perfectly?