Have you ever heard of Castile soap? Wondering what exactly it is and how it helps? Castile soap is also called vegetarian soap because it is 100% vegetarian & does not have any animal fat. Now, it is a universally accepted fact that anything vegetarian is the best for health, isn’t it?
The best thing of castile soap is that it does not have any harmful ingredients. Now that’s something rare, right? So go ahead and get to know how to make liquid Castile soap at home! Get ready to be amazed!
[ Read: Simple Ways To Prepare Oat Soap ]
- 417 ml Coconut oil
- 417 ml Soybean oil
- 555 ml Olive oil
- Safety gloves and glasses
- Long sleeved shirt
- 973 ml distilled water
- Heat proof container
- Steel Pot
- Containers for storage
- Aromatic oils for fragrance
Below mentioned are a few easy & simple steps for preparing liquid castile soap at home.
- Take 417 ml Coconut Oil, 417 ml Soybean Oil & 555 ml of Olive Oil in a crock pot.
- Put the crockpot on high temperature. In case the crock pot has an option of hours, then keep it for four hours.
- Wear safety gloves, glasses and a long sleeved shirt to protect yourself
- Take 973 ml distilled water & pour it into a big fire proof tumbler.
- Now add 277 ml lye to the water slowly. Be careful with lye, as it is corrosive to the skin.
- Stir it slowly with a spoon (heat proof) till the lye dissolves completely.
- Put this mixture in the crock pot while constantly stirring the oils.
- Take a blender and blend it for 15 minutes.
- Take a spoon to stir as soon as the mixture thickens. Keep stirring it until it becomes so thick that you cannot move it any longer.
- Put a lid on the crock pot & heat it on medium flame. Set the crock pot for six hours.
- Keep stirring the mixture every twenty to thirty minutes.
- Take the mixture off the heat when it becomes completely clear and as thick as honey.
- Transfer this mixture to a big pot made of steel.
- Pour 2365 ml distilled water into the mixture.
- Let it sit for one night or till the mixture dissolves.
- Pour the liquid soap in huge containers.
- Leave it for four weeks.
Add some fragrance to the container in which you keep the soap.
[ Read: Ways To Make Aloe Vera Soap At Home ]
Why Is Liquid Castile SoapEco-Friendly?
Castile liquid soap is prepared with plant oil, with the help of recipes that were invented long ago. This liquid soap is very gentle on our environment as it is completely free from any artificial agents of foaming, de-constructed acids, rough cleansers and detergents.
Some Useful Tips:
Liquid Castile soap can be prepared quite fast. This is how!
- Grate 118 ml bars of soap and mix in a big pot along with four cups of water.
- Keep stirring it till the pieces of soap completely dissolve.
- Then add two tablespoons of vegetable glycerine.
- Continue to stir the solution till the glycerine dissolves completely.
- Now transfer this mixture to a container and cover it. The soap is ready to be used.
[ Read: Simple Steps To Prepare Glycerin Soap ]
- The crock pot should not be used for food once you have used it for making Castile soap. It would be better to take a used crock pot to make soap.
- Keep the soap away from the kitchen, since it can damage your sink as well as the drainage system.
It is quite clear that making Castile soap is not at all difficult. But it requires a lot of patience and concentration. One mistake and you can end up ruining the whole process.
Do you know of any other way of preparing liquid castile soap at home? Do share with us in the comments section!
- 5 Simple Steps To Make Activated Charcoal Soap At Home
- 2 Simple Ways To Make Aloe Vera Soap At Home
- 8 Steps To Make Apple Butter At Home
- How To Prepare Aloe Vera Toothpaste At Home?
- How To Prepare Homemade Hair Toner Solutions At Home
Latest posts by Renold Rajan (see all)
- Why Should You Use Coconut Oil For Tanning? - September 2, 2015
- Beware! 10 Side Effects Of Lemon Myrtle Tea - August 31, 2015
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spider Veins - August 17, 2015
- 10 Best Vipassana Meditation Centres In India - August 17, 2015
- How Apple Cider Vinegar Cured My Sore Throat - August 14, 2015