Glossy and plump – we love our lips like that! There are numerous products to add shine to our lips. But, what if we want to get a matte finish?
It is very hard to find a lipstick that gives a completely matte finish. Those that are matte in effect can be too drying, resulting in cracked lines on the lips. If you don’t want to spend a fortune on buying a matte lipstick, fret not! Here’s how you can mattify a glossy lipstick.
You Will Need
- A Lipstick of your choice – any glossy lipstick
- A tissue paper
- A sponge applicator/brush
- Face powder (you can use a loose face powder or even your compact)
Start by prepping your lips with a lip balm/lip conditioner as this would make your lips soft and make the application of the lipstick effortless. Use a lip liner to line your lips. The lip liner can be a shade darker/lighter/similar to your lipstick shade.
Apply the lipstick. You can choose to apply it either with a lip brush or directly by swiping the lipstick over your lips.
Once you are done applying the lipstick, take a tissue paper and put it between your lips. Press your lips against one another over the tissue paper. You can also use a blotting paper as it soaks up the moisture from the lip color without fading the color out. Blot your lips with the blotting paper and reapply the color. Blot again with a clean tissue paper.
This simple technique will not only help to blot out the excess color but also mattify your lipstick.
Here is a technique that will give you ultra-mattified lips.
- Take a sponge applicator and dip it into the loose powder or compact, whatever is available. Pat off the excess powder from the applicator.
- Now, apply the powder evenly on your lips. Ensure that you cover the entire lip area. Apply the powder evenly. Do not spread it too much as it can make the color get patchy and uneven.
- Set the powder with the same sponge or with a flat applicator brush.
- Press your lips against each other.
- In case you want to intensify the color, apply a few more coats of the lipstick and repeat the above steps for a better tint.
Your matte finish photo-ready lip makeup is done! Here is the final look.
You can easily give this makeup trick a try if you feel like sporting an absolute matte finish lipstick. The good thing about this is that though it looks entirely matte, it will not look dry your lips or make them feel chapped. Not just that, the powder application will help you make the lip color last much longer. It will not come off easily, even while you eat and drink. The powder helps the color to sit properly and perfectly on the skin of your lips.
We hope you found this post helpful. Do leave a comment for us!
Latest posts by Afsha Rangila (see all)
- 5 Easy Steps To Blend Eyeshadows Perfectly –A Step By Step Tutorial - August 24, 2014
- How To Get The Perfect Lip Shape: A Step-By-Step Tutorial - August 6, 2014
- How To Prevent Lipstick From Smudging - July 28, 2014
- Angelina Jolie Eye Makeup: A Step By Step Tutorial - July 18, 2014
- Top 10 Lakme Products For Your Bridal Makeup Kit - July 17, 2014