Just because it’s winter season doesn’t mean that the sun isn’t capable of doing any damage! As a matter of fact, the dryness in the weather only adds to the damage. And on top of that the effect of UVA and UBA rays is more evident on fair skin as compared to wheatish complexion.
To protect fair skin in the summers or any season of the year for that matter, keep these points in mind.
How to Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage?
Here are some important tips and precautions to be followed to protect our fair skin from Sun damage.
Use of Sunscreens
It is very important to use sunscreen, and not just any sunscreen but a good brand product. Go with something that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Apply it at least 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun. A good sunscreen should have at least a SPF of 30+, which is suitable for fair-skinned people to keep sun damaged skin at bay. Choose sunscreen for oily skin, dry or combination as per your skin needs.
Many a times, using sunscreen does not give you the license to roam around unprotected in the sun. It’s a must to use an umbrella or at least a hat while out in the sun. Another perfect way on how to protect your skin.
Sun Damaged Skin Treatment
It is possible to have accidentally stepped out in to the sun without any outer protection or even sunscreen. Many a times, when someone is out without protection, it could lead to severe sun damage on the skin. If you have experienced something thing like this, you can follow these home remedies for sun damaged skin mentioned below to get instant relief:
- Splash cold water on the face after returning home to soothe the skin.
- Apply cold aloe Vera gel on the skin in massaging motion so that it gets soaked into the skin.
- Apply a cooling rose water or non-alcoholic ph balanced toner to give final relief to the skin.
- Try not to go out in the direct sun for at least 24 hours.
Some Other Effective Tips on Skin Protection from Sun:
1. Cucumber Face Pack:
Face packs can get your skin back on its feet after sun damage. If you do feel that the harsh sun rays have damaged your skin severely, then try mint or cucumber masks.During this process, use an eye gel mask. Before using, cool it by keeping in the normal freezer and notice the change.
2. Potato Face Pack:
If your skin has the tendency of getting tanned by the slightest exposure to sun, then you can try this remedy. Rub your skin with cold slices of potato which is proven to take the tan off.
Scrubbing is essential to make the soft skin underneath come to the surface. It also helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and tanned layer on the surface along with the sunspots on skin.
4. Lemon Juice and Glycerine:
During the night time, you can use some lemon juice mixed with glycerine. It acts as a natural de-tan remedy for fair skin that was earlier damaged by sun.
Just follow these simple fairness tips to protect skin from sun and you don’t have to afraid of Sun damage ever again.
- 10 Wonderful Sunscreens For Oily Skin
- 10 Amazing Sunscreens For Dry Skin
- How To Apply Makeup In Summer Season?
- How To Choose Best Sunscreen?
- Top 5 Summer Face Packs For Oily Skin
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 10 Trending Nail Colors You Must Own This Winter - March 15, 2015
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Designs - February 7, 2014
- 2 Amazing Red Nail Art Tutorials With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014
- Amazing Ombre Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps & Pictures - February 6, 2014