Girls who have oily and acne-prone skin, might suffer from the embarrassment caused by acne scars. Not only oily-skinned women but even combination skinned girls stand the chance of suffering from acne and acne scars. Acne tends to mellow down eventually but it makes sure to leave behind a few scars just to remind us that it can be back any time. So, you must be thinking, is there a way to get rid of these facial scars without going for laser treatments?
I know you want the scars to disappear instantly. However, please do remember you need to follow certain things to get the desired effect. As you know, “Rome was not built in a day”; similarly you need to patiently follow the routine listed below for a few days to see results.
Facial Scar Removal:
Follow these homemade remedies to remove facial scars which will help loosening and scrubbing off the acne scars.
1. Olive Oil, A True Miracle Substance:
To get rid of skin discolorations caused by scars, use a non-comedogenic oil to loosen the scar and soften it. Olive oil is best suited for this purpose.
[ Read: Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally ]
Here is how to use oilve oil:
- Massage your face with one tablespoon of olive oil slowly.
- Then put a steaming towel over the face.
- This will open up the pores and will also soften the skin.
- When the towel cools down, wipe off the oil.
2. Scrub Off With Baking Soda :
The discoloured and the scarred areas can be sloughed away with a naturally made scrubber. You need to use only a natural and a soft scrub to slough away the scarred skin. Baking soda is the best scrub for this purpose.
Here is how to use baking soda:
- Add one spoon of baking soda in one teaspoon of water and make a paste.
- Rub this paste on the particular areas for 1 minute in circular motion.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
[ Read: Pimple Marks Removal Cream ]
3. Lemon Juice Improves Skin Tone :
Once the dead skin cells are removed, apply any substance which is high in Vitamin C content. This will help in the building new cells. Concentrated lemon juice is the best option.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the juice.
- Now apply them on the face.
- After 5 to 10 minutes remove the cotton balls and let the skin dry.
You can also use a mask made up of lemon juice daily to build new skin cells. Lemon also helps to even the skin tone.
The above natural treatments can be continued for one to two weeks. However, you should not use them extremely. If used so, they can lead to negative effects on the skin.
Apart from these tips, there are several cosmetic procedures to remove the scars like dermabrasion and also laser resurfacing. Also there are many over-the-counter gels and creams which can help you get rid of facial scars.
Now, dermabrasion is a process of scraping the scarred skin surgically. This definitely helps in making the skin smooth. Dermaplaning is another procedure which is quite similar and can reduce acne scars. Laser skin resurfacing removes the scarred skin layer by layer.
Ointments like Mederma cream contain onion extracts and claim to reduce scars. Kelo-cote Advance Formula Scar Gel, which can be found online at Amazon.com – it is a silicon based gel which reduces scars.
- Top 5 Facial Kits For Dry Skin
- 3 Types Of Electronic Facials And Their Benefits
- Best Gold Facials For Oily Skin – Our Top 5 Picks
- How To Prevent Facial Hair Growth?
- Top 10 Facial Kits For Glowing Skin Avaiable In India
Latest posts by ahana (see all)
- Tutorial – How To Do Light Makeup? - November 6, 2013
- Best Colorbar Products – Our Top 10 - March 9, 2013
- Best Solid Concealers Available In India – Our Top 10 - March 9, 2013
- Best Lakme Products – Our Top 10 - March 5, 2013